Da'rick Rogers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that the Tool had to reposition him when he lined up on the right side instead of the left later in the game. Concerns about him were not about his athletic ability, but there's a reason he went undrafted. Does he know the playbook? Does he keep his head in the game?

You do mean "Tuel", right? Or was that an intentional Freudianism?

Probably, like me, Rogers thought it was an incomplete forward pass. How else did it travel 10 yards forward from the hand. I would like the officials to explain that call. I guess someone will say continue to play until its blown dead.

Anyway I hope to see Kaufman and Rogers targeted at least 5 times each on Friday.

I agree. What a pitiful call. Everyone on the field stopped, because you can't throw a "fumble" as a 10 yard spiral. Triplett is horrendous.

by the way, whoever said that tuel was repositioning Rodgers, I am pretty sure it was Easley, not Rogers.

I agree. What a pitiful call. Everyone on the field stopped, because you can't throw a "fumble" as a 10 yard spiral. Triplett is horrendous.

by the way, whoever said that tuel was repositioning Rodgers, I am pretty sure it was Easley, not Rogers.

He did re-position Easley once, but that was coupled with an audible, and Easley ended up with a catch on that play.

I'll bet the stinking Pats sign any WR we cut.

PTR

I'll bet they sign anybody that they think is an upgrade.

But seriously, are we worried about this? When's the last time a Bills cut went there and shined? Sammy Morris? Did Sam Aiken finally develop into that top-shelf possession receiver while we weren't looking?

FWIW- don't know if anyone heard the "round-table" discussion on GR, prior to the game. I know people here don't put much stock in what they say very often, but these are all people who have been out at camp every day. One of them (I think it was Paul Hamilton, though everyone else agreed) made the observation that Rodgers flashes unbelievable skills, but seems to have lapses in concentration...he even said there were times when it seemed like Rodgers was ignoring, or perhaps not hearing, the instructions from coaches. They also mad the observation that Hogan was really making a pretty strong case for a roster spot....t seems like the Bills will be releasing some pretty talented receiver prospects this summer.

I dont know if u can call Brad Snith "talented"! unless he has some other skills outside of football I am not aware of!

JK... this is the best WR corp we have had at camp in years. The talent is through the roof. I'm hoping they keep just EJ and Tuel and have extra roster spot for WR or CB or even OL.

You can Spin the ball all day long after a TD.

You can't spin the ball AT an opponent.

The zebra decides if its AT an opponent.

Anyone remember the time that Eric Moulds got flagged for "maliciously spinning the football"?

He did re-position Easley once, but that was coupled with an audible, and Easley ended up with a catch on that play.

That was a different play. The one where he repositioned Duh Rick was a running play

Probably, like me, Rogers thought it was an incomplete forward pass. How else did it travel 10 yards forward from the hand. I would like the officials to explain that call. I guess someone will say continue to play until its blown dead.

I'll be someone. Rogers is an undrafted rookie who is fighting to make a roster. He better damn well run his ass off on every play until he hears a whistle. This goes directly to concerns about maturity and lapses in concentration. Also, the guy who picked up the "fumble" (I agree it was a horrible call) was right in front of him.

No excuse for him not running out that play.

I'll be someone. Rogers is an undrafted rookie who is fighting to make a roster. He better damn well run his ass off on every play until he hears a whistle. This goes directly to concerns about maturity and lapses in concentration. Also, the guy who picked up the "fumble" (I agree it was a horrible call) was right in front of him.

No excuse for him not running out that play.

Yes... I see the high motor guys run to the ball and pick it up out of habit even on incompletions.

Bubble guys will lose if they don't look like their trying to outwork everyone.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Yes... I see the high motor guys run to the ball and pick it up out of habit even on incompletions.

Bubble guys will lose if they don't look like their trying to outwork everyone.

The problem for Da'Rick is that he has heard and read all of his press clippings and the experts calling him "1st round talent" and that the Bills "got a steal" by signing him. He thinks he's a star already and wants it badly, but his perspective is all wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't think Marrone has the patience to wait for Da'Rick to "get it" and that will result in him being cut. Rogers will either learn this lesson with another team, or he will flame out and be yet another great talent who doesn't have the head for the game.

Luckily for Da'Rick, he has until the 27th (two more games and a bunch of practices) to show something different.

The problem for Da'Rick is that he has heard and read all of his press clippings and the experts calling him "1st round talent" and that the Bills "got a steal" by signing him. He thinks he's a star already and wants it badly, but his perspective is all wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't think Marrone has the patience to wait for Da'Rick to "get it" and that will result in him being cut. Rogers will either learn this lesson with another team, or he will flame out and be yet another great talent who doesn't have the head for the game.

Luckily for Da'Rick, he has until the 27th (two more games and a bunch of practices) to show something different.

There is a reason why no team in the league drafted Rogers. What you see is what you get. He has excellent physical skills but lacks concentration and consistent effort. I'm not a believer that the odds work in your faver to change who you are when you have a history of being who you are. The motivation for him to change existed when he wasn't drafted. If that wasn't the wake up call for him then why expect more urgency from him at this point.

I'm not saying that Rogers is a bad guy but I am saying that as a player he lacks the maturity and work ethic to make it in this league. There are times that he shows brilliance, and then there are times he doesn't know where to line up. I get the impression that he has to have some authority hover over him to make sure he is doing what he is supposed to be doing. In the long run that type of person/player is unreliable.

I don't see him making the active roster. He might be a good developmental player on the practice squad. When a new coaching staff takes over it wants to create an environment of hard work, consistency and accountability. Worrying about an immature player is not worth the bother when you have more mature and hard working players to choose from.

Edited by JohnC

Anyway I hope to see Kaufman and Rogers targeted at least 5 times each on Friday.

Rogers stood there and watched as did 20 other players on the field who all thought it was an incomplete pass

With this potential of talent I believe Brad Smith is expendable.

What's often the deciding factor when guys are fighting for the last few roster spots at WR is their contributions to ST. Brad Smith has more versatility than just about any other player on the roster and I'm fairly certain he makes the final roster because of it. It's not all just about who is better at WR. Smith is a good return man, is good on coverage units and does a pretty good job at WR. I don't think any of these other WRs people are mentioning can contribute to the team as much as Smith can as a 6th wideout.

Precisely. If Marrone needs someone to lose their focus out there he already has Stevie to do that, he doesn't need two of them.

I was psyched to see his work on the TD, that was a nice, powerful move. Whining to the sideline about Tuel not getting the ball to him while the defender was taking it to the house was a sad turn of events. I don't think there is much question he has top 6 talent on this receiving corps because you can't teach that size and power, but the competition is too fierce to be putting something like that on film. People assume he will get picked up if he is cut, but a lot of teams wanted nothing to do with him. The ones that do aren't going to like that tape.

Duh?

Never stop until you hear the whistle. That's one of the most basic things to learn.

I like Rogers on paper, but if he's not making plays, and he's not putting in effort, we can't keep him just because of what might be. We need our best 6 WRs, and currently, he's not one of them.

It's this, and it's more than this. Marrone is trying to change the direction and attitude of a team that's been losing for a long time. His job will be a lot harder if he starts making different rules for different players depending on talent, star status, etc.... Everyone's got to be held to the same standard.

Edited by Captain Caveman