Da'rick Rogers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodgers will be cut or signed to the practice squad.

Were you hammered when you posted that thought?

The most exciting part of the draft for me was getting Rogers as free agent. So far he has been a disappointment. Not horrible,, but still he is making it tough to justify his roster spot over the competition, I never expected that.

DISAPPOINTMENT? He played one preseason game and scored a TD! Remember, Pat Kirwan, in observation, said he looked like a " young Randy Moss"

I mean I'd love for this guy to be the next Randy Moss but you have got to earn it.

23 offensive plays and 1 catch.

Thats not impressive. He was invisible for most of it.

SJ

Goodwin

TJ Graham

Woods

are all locks.

How many catches did Sampson, Hogan, and Goodwin have at receiver?

The next 3 could be anyone.

I mean I'd love for this guy to be the next Randy Moss but you have got to earn it.

SJ

Goodwin

TJ Graham

Woods

How many catches did Sampson, Hogan or Goodwin have at receiver?

Rodgers will be cut or signed to the practice squad.

Not a chance. Unless he is a complete locker room cancer, even if he is disappointing during preseason, he will not be placed on the PS. Remember, teams were lined-up to sign him as an UDFA because he has loads of potential. He wouldn't even sniff our PS. There's no reason a rookie with star potential, but a lack of development (since he came from a small school) should be cut or placed on the PS.

Were you hammered when you posted that thought?

DISAPPOINTMENT? He played one preseason game and scored a TD! Remember, Pat Kirwan, in observation, said he looked like a " young Randy Moss"

How many catches did Sampson, Hogan or Goodwin have at receiver?

I'm sure you can google that yourself if for some reason you think its relevant.

I re-watched that "fumble" and TD plays and Rogers doesn't throw his arms up in the air. All he does is look towards the sideline like he's looking to see what they want him to do next. And he spun the ball away from any defender. I recall Hackett saying that if you score, you can celebrate.

SJ

Goodwin

TJ Graham

Woods

are all locks.

It almost felt like Tuel was only targeting Easley. Obviously their chemistry is better and it shows.

I would have to see play by play if Rogers was getting open and tuel was opting for the easy cut by Easley....

The coach's tape will show this and if that is the case, it may be more of a fault on Tuel, than on Rogers getting open/understanding the play, etc.

A lot of those plays that Rogers was in were probably runs given to Zach Brown too....

I re-watched that "fumble" and TD plays and Rogers doesn't throw his arms up in the air. All he does is look towards the sideline like he's looking to see what they want him to do next. And he spun the ball away from any defender. I recall Hackett saying that if you score, you can celebrate.

So he wanted to know if he was going to switch out players or special instruction from coaches? He obviously thought that the pass was incomplete.

Yeah you're supposed to play to the whistle. But it is preseason and the call was not a clear fumble to the eye. Rookie mistake. Wait, he is a rookie.

So he wanted to know if he was going to switch out players or special instruction from coaches? He obviously thought that the pass was incomplete.

Yeah you're supposed to play to the whistle. But it is preseason and the call was not a clear fumble to the eye. Rookie mistake. Wait, he is a rookie.

Yep.

....If Marrone needs someone to lose their focus out there he already has Stevie to do that.....

That is completely reduculous. Stevie may have been a bit childish with touchdown celebrations TWO seasons ago, but his focus, dedication, willingness to play hurt, as well as his on the field effort and performance puts him atop a short list of the teams best players and key leaders.

If any player is likely to take Da'Rick under his wing and grow him up, it'll be SJ13.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Rogers will be fine. Tuel and Easly had great chemistry going on. When you have that, as a QB fighting for a roster spot, you keep going to your guy. Rogers had a great move to get open for the TD. I'd like to see what he can do with the first team with Woods, and TJ on the field.

Not a chance. Unless he is a complete locker room cancer, even if he is disappointing during preseason, he will not be placed on the PS. Remember, teams were lined-up to sign him as an UDFA because he has loads of potential. He wouldn't even sniff our PS. There's no reason a rookie with star potential, but a lack of development (since he came from a small school) should be cut or placed on the PS.

14 teams tried to sign him. Rogers chose the Bills. I got to believe they will put him on the 53 man roster barring some major incident.

Goodwin had 17 offensive snaps and zero catches so what do we take from that? Rogers had a td on a nice slant. he was also on 10 st plays on a day where our coverage was excellent and iirc hecame close to blocking a punt.

I'm not going to loom at film to break down plays but if iweremarrone with the issues aboutrogers I'd want to see how he does on a day has NOT getting targets. was he clearing out space? was he blocking? was he dogging it knowing he was not going to get the ball? A young randy moss would have dogged every play not designed for him. we need to see what Mr rogers will do when he's not the primary. given marrones pos comments he did well and did what he was asked to do with max effort.

Yeah I didn't see any gesturing by Rogers on that play.

Like you say he was looking towards the sidelines.

The Bills were rotating receivers.

My guess is that he was looking to see if he was staying in for the next play or not.