Marcus Easley makes the team

I said all off season I strongly believed Easley was gonna be a surprise player in camp and preseason. I predicted 6 WRs...SJ, Woods, TJ, Goodwin, Rogers, and Easley. They may surprise and keep 7, but I doubt it. If they do, then it will come down to Smith, Hogan, or Kaufman.

Easley needs to keep it up though, but man he sure made a statement today!

I like these ones too...

. If daaaa Rick can't keep it together... I'd be one of hogans heros...whatever..

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure you remember my post about sj slot wr. I said hes gone in two years "if" rogers is any good. Now w one preseason game and 7 catches Easley is the new super star. But isn't it due to tuel throwing him almost every pass when he was on the field? he caught 7 balls for a very sj like 13 yards a catch. before this game he was considered a cut by most now hes a lock for the bills or some nfl team. Hes not shown anything yet except the ability to catch perfectly thrown passes. But yes SJ did get most of the targets from fitz, its not hard to get a 1000 yards in a season when you get 10+ chances a game to catch a football.

I think a lot of posters don't ever look up the height and weight of the players. someone else here said tj reminds them of Donald jones. WTF? ones huge and has marginal speed, the others small light and has exceptional speed. TJ has lee evans speed but needs another season to show if he can handle being a "two". hes bigger than Goodwin who will be the 3 or 4 for this team. I saw Goodwin as a replacement for TJ but hes apparently had a great preseason ( in practice anyway) so maybe that's why hes a starter so far. No matter how good Goodwin is he'll never start as a 1 or 2, hes too small. As a 2 TJ barely has the size so it depends on his hands. Woods is about the smallest you want as a starter at 190 and 6'1 hes like peerless price.

TJ has decent size and the speed you need. Buffalo keeps him given its his 2nd year. If he was a Whaley guy he is staying on this team. I look at Goodwin as being more of a returner this year than a WR. WR is a position that does take some time to learn outside of doing go routes.

I have never doubted Easley. He earned the starting job before the heart condition. then last year he was kept hidden in the preseason so he could get on the PS.. Easley does have decent size and some speed (not goodwin speed).

SJ will not get cut.

Rogers.....he is one they will want to keep because his overall upside he could be great. I dont think he will get on the PS because if he is cut someone will claim him.

Kaufmann--likely PS

One idea MIGHT be to talk to a team like Green Bay who could use a solid body at WR. They could send back a depth RB like James Starks, who might be able to compete with Choice. Starks knows the area fron his U Buffalo days. He went to HS in Niagara Falls. The kid knows to to play in the cold.

You never know.

I predict Easely gets the last spot and Rogers goes to the practice squad to grow up and mature.

That does make sense. However, don't they have to pass through waivers when they are cut initially? I just don't think Rogers will make it through that initial pass through waivers.

… What team having wide receiver problems would let him pass through?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I said all off season I strongly believed Easley was gonna be a surprise player in camp and preseason. I predicted 6 WRs...SJ, Woods, TJ, Goodwin, Rogers, and Easley. They may surprise and keep 7, but I doubt it. If they do, then it will come down to Smith, Hogan, or Kaufman.

Easley needs to keep it up though, but man he sure made a statement today!

This Hogan guy deserves a spot too. Keep 7.

One idea MIGHT be to talk to a team like Green Bay who could use a solid body at WR. They could send back a depth RB like James Starks, who might be able to compete with Choice. Starks knows the area fron his U Buffalo days. He went to HS in Niagara Falls. The kid knows to to play in the cold.

You never know.

Rodgers LOVES James Starks and has talked about Starks' superior blocking and protection skills often. I think Starks is staying put

That does make sense. However, don't they have to pass through waivers when they are cut initially? I just don't think Rogers will make it through that initial pass through waivers.

… What team having wide receiver problems would let him pass through?

Yep, they pass through waivers. Rogers would be snapped up almost instantly.

I predict Easely gets the last spot and Rogers goes to the practice squad to grow up and mature.

Rogers is going to be cut. Whether he makes it to the practice squad remains to be seen. I hear that Sampson has looked good as well and may be practice squad competition for him.

Edited by vincec

My guess is the Bills really like Rogers and are limiting his PS game exposure to try to sneak him to the PS. What I don't know is if it will work. Would you really try picking up Rogers for your team without actually seeing anything from him?

Also, with the waiver process, isn't it like the draft where worst teams get first pick? If so, Rogers would just need to make it past the teams with a worse record than the Bills last year.

I think they want to keep 5-6 WRs, but Rogers, Easley and Hogan are making it very hard to cut down that far (also keeping SJ, TJ, Goodwin, Woods). Maybe whatever reciever is knicked up goes on the mini-IR to start the season.

I like Kaufman too, but think they try to get him to the PS. I really hope he makes it there too.

Yep, they pass through waivers. Rogers would be snapped up almost instantly.

If Rogers doesn't pass through waivers then so what? Right now he is battling for the #6 spot as a receiver. He is the type of player who periodically will make a "holy cow" play and then on the next play line up on the wrong side.

There is no secret why he didn't get drafted at all. He is a "habitual smoker" who doesn't have the maturity to behave responsibly. What happens when as a pro he has more money in his pockets and he has more idle time? Is he more or less likely to get back into his habits?

Having tantalizing potential means little if you can't consistently translate that talent into production. He isn't a player/person who made a single big mistake that derailed his career. He is a person who has a pattern of behavior that makes it very improbable that he can be counted on.

I wouldn't risk a roster spot on him. I have no problem putting him on the practice squad. If someone snatches then so be it.

Personally I would like them to keep Easly and Kaufman. Everyone keeps telling me Hogan is good, but I just see him drop passes. I was excited about Rogers, but he hasn't done much (although a nice move on his touchdown catch). Easly has played well in two consecutive games, and Kaufmans deep catch against Indy was awesome. However I think Brad Smith makes this team as the 5th WR(for special teams) leaving only one spot, hopefully it goes to Easly with Kaufman going to PS. Rogers will not make it through, and Hogan maybe goes, although I don't know if 2 PS spots would be taken with WR with 6 on the team.

I see it going this way

Johnson,Graham, Woods, Goodwin, B.Smith, Easley with Kaufman on PS

There is no secret why he didn't get drafted at all. He is a "habitual smoker" who doesn't have the maturity to behave responsibly. What happens when as a pro he has more money in his pockets and he has more idle time? Is he more or less likely to get back into his habits?

That's a fairly ignorant statement. Dude has not touched weed since he got kicked off the Vols. He's passed several drug tests since then and done everything that's been asked of him. Not to mention that stellar athletes such as Micheal Phelps have also smoked.

Edited by conner