Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

I think the Bills will keep 3 QBs on the roster and the 3rd will be Tuel. He will be inactive each week unless Kolb or Manuel get hurt. From what I have read (have not been to camp) he has digressed in recent practices and still needs some seasoning. The only way he gets into the week one game is if he's the only QB left standing.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills will keep 3 QBs on the roster and the 3rd will be Tuel. He will be inactive each week unless Kolb or Manuel get hurt. From what I have read (have not been to camp) he has digressed in recent practices and still needs some seasoning. The only way he gets into the week one game is if he's the only QB left standing.

That may be true. Remember, I posted this because I thought he was such a great value as a UDFA. Doesn't mean he needs to be the starter in year one. You hope for a Kirk Cousins scenario.

Hope.

Interesting that the announcers said Marrone said that Tuel has played so good that they now have to use a roster spot on him and cant PS him cuz he will get snatched up. So sounds like Tuel is on his way to a roster 3rd QB roster spot which I think is a good idea. This kid keeps playing like this and EJ plays well, we will have some trade value in a season or two for Tuel as well as good insurance while the kid is here.

Tuel is a legit backup QB. He's great. I love him. Weak arm is the only reason he can't be a starter. Love him as #2. Done w/ Kolb.

Seriously?

I feel like the Tuel love affair is a bit overblown. I'm seeing lots of batted down balls, below average accuracy and really nothing that leads me to believe he's a legit backup. We're in bad shape if this is indeed the case IMO.

Seriously?

I feel like the Tuel love affair is a bit overblown. I'm seeing lots of batted down balls, below average accuracy and really nothing that leads me to believe he's a legit backup. We're in bad shape if this is indeed the case IMO.

Because of one game... how is Kolb going to be the backup when he's hurt all the time?

How many rushing yards did we have in the second half?

5 drives in the second half and all 5 were 3-and-outs. Had a whopping 37 yards in total during the second half. I'm not sure how much of that was rushing, but it wasn't much.

Edit: 15 yards rushing in the second half.

Edited by October 1918

5 drives in the second half and all 5 were 3-and-outs. Had a whopping 37 yards in total during the second half. I'm not sure how much of that was rushing, but it wasn't much.

Edit: 15 yards rushing in the second half.

That's not Tuel's fault. Hard to play well with no running game, or any decent play calling.

all of our high hopes dashed in a matter of 2 hours.

I didnt even last that long. We all know the offense is bad till we get a QB. But, what was very disturbing to me was the defense, Good grief. Worse I've ever seen. Washingtons' taxi squad ran over them like they weren't even there.

If todays game is any indication, we are in trouble. EJ...we'll see what he has but so far he has a 2 minute drill to his credit against 2nd stringers. Other than that he's done nothing. Kolb is VERY iffy. Tuel belongs in the Arena football league. He sucks badly.

I'm depressed.

And....Coach Marrone looked pretty lost all afternoon.

That's not Tuel's fault. Hard to play well with no running game, or any decent play calling.

So blame the running game and bad play calling? You don't have to be a Tuel apologist, he's an UDFA that just isn't what many made him out to be after he had his way against 3-4 stringers.

Seriously?

Falling in love with third string QBs who will never attempt more than ten regular season passes in their NFL career is a rich pre-season tradition in Buffalo.

btw, where's The Chroisen One these days?

So blame the running game and bad play calling? You don't have to be a Tuel apologist, he's an UDFA that just isn't what many made him out to be after he had his way against 3-4 stringers.

It was bad play calling and bad running. The kid played bad too, but it's not like he had any help.

Don't blame anything. He's a kid and it wasn't a great environment to play in today, but his play was still mediocre and so was Kolb's. People have really forgotten about the concept of developing talent. QBs and WRs can take time to develop. I see things I like with Tuel. Same with Geno Smith, who was a secoond rounder, but who looked terrible today. Doesn't mean that's all he is. It's one day.

Say what !!! yes we can blame Tuel

hahahaha sooo Theesman ... the D was on the field all day. that is true but don't the Bills have nearly double the 47 active players right now?

ergo there are enough players to over come being that tired

Some potential down the road, but he's not even close to being ready to start an NFL game. It's gonna be ugly if he's the opening game starter.

Pats have had an awful D for the last 4 years. Fits used to throw for 300 yards against them. There's no team I'd rather him play. A no pressure, we're expected to lose, and he has a chance of not getting picked off 4 times.

Pats have had an awful D for the last 4 years. Fits used to throw for 300 yards against them. There's no team I'd rather him play. A no pressure, we're expected to lose, and he has a chance of not getting picked off 4 times.

Fitz is a veteran QB who at this juncture is light years ahead of Tuel. Tuel has a lot of deficiencies that will be exposed against complicated coverage schemes. He was holding the ball too damn long in the preseason and that (as well as his other flaws) will be only exacerbated against a regular season NFL defense.

Fitz is a veteran QB who at this juncture is light years ahead of Tuel. Tuel has a lot of deficiencies that will be exposed against complicated coverage schemes. He was holding the ball too damn long in the preseason and that (as well as his other flaws) will be only exacerbated against a regular season NFL defense.

Doesn't change the fact the Pats have one of the worst passing defenses in the league. If he has to start, there isn't a better team. He'd get eaten alive against a top 15 D.

Basically, he has a better chance to not throw 9 picks against the Pats than another team.

Edited by FireChan

Doesn't change the fact the Pats have one of the worst passing defenses in the league. If he has to start, there isn't a better team. He'd get eaten alive against a top 15 D.

Basically, he has a better chance to not throw 9 picks against the Pats than another team.

Pats pass D is weak no doubt, but I still want no part of Tuel facing Belichick.