Glenn to LG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn demoted to left guard, then demoted to second team only to get promoted back to first team left tackle before being demoted again to left guard. Its more than likely that our rookie head coach is trying to light a fire under Glenn who may or may not have had motivation issues with another coaching staff, allegedly.

The only thing we know for sure is that we aren't over reacting to minimal information.

I can't figure out if I'm supposed to be nonchalant or really ticked off at this development. Will someone please tell me what I'm supposed to think??

Makes sense because we all know you must have you're best Offensive Lineman playing at the Left Guard position. You can't win a SuperBowl unless you do. Left Tackle is soooooo over rated.

We knew we were drafting a QB and we couldn't sign Levitre??? WTF are these idiots thinking? The battle is won in the trenches. The other most important part is the QB. The rest of the positions will fall in. But Levtire was seldom injured and a great LG. Russ is cheap I guess... or we just love to be losers...

Edited by mattsox

The team only dresses 7 on game day. If Legursky is one of the seven as a backup, he can't play tackle, only center and guard. Last year, Levitre could swing to tackle. This year one of the tackles, whether a starter or a backup, has to be able to swing to guard as well.

But, as said above, Marrone has to be considering how to get Hairston in the lineup if he and Pears are two of the five best linemen. It doesn't have to be an indictment of Glenn as a tackle in order to move him to guard, if that resolves the issue of getting the five best linemen on the field as starters, or the best combination of players.

Edited by bookeredgerson

Maybe it's motivation tactic to the other players attempting to play LG. It certainly would send that message.

In the end, we don't know or won't know until after practice.

I don't understand the motivation angle - I can't imagine that two career backups/fringe players like Brown and Ligursky (sp?) are not trying with everything that they have to earn a starting spot. I think it is far more likely that those two just aren't talented enough to make the coaches comfortable with them starting.

Chris Brown reporting that Cordy is being looked at as a potential LG starter.

Right about now the loss and value of Levitre is starting to set in. :wallbash:

Well the draft experts said he projected as a guard in the NFL. :unsure:

Edited by DDD

Pre-draft, several of us floated the idea of moving Glenn to LG if they chose to draft one of the premier Ts in an a OL-heavy draft. That would have upgraded both positions, LT and LG.

If the Bills are really keeping only 7 OL (and man, I think that's risky), at least two of them have to be swing players. Glenn is the obvious choice as he has experience at both positions.

Before he got hurt last year, Glenn was developing nicely and more than holding his own in the pass blocking aspects. But he was brilliant as a run blocker, consistently getting to second and even third level blocks down field. Look at the KC game for an example.

He is BY FAR our best LT in camp and I'd be shocked if this were a permanent move in the absence of another deal or signing being made for a player to come in.

GO BILLS!!!

Uh oh????? Cordy Glenn ends up as a Guard!!!!! Wait for it. Wait for it..... I TOLD YOU SO TBD!!!! ahahahahaha woooooo

So your the guy that called on draft day that he would practice at lg for a day during the second week of camp his second year? Good job!

Pre-draft, several of us floated the idea of moving Glenn to LG if they chose to draft one of the premier Ts in an a OL-heavy draft. That would have upgraded both positions, LT and LG.

If the Bills are really keeping only 7 OL (and man, I think that's risky), at least two of them have to be swing players. Glenn is the obvious choice as he has experience at both positions.

Before he got hurt last year, Glenn was developing nicely and more than holding his own in the pass blocking aspects. But he was brilliant as a run blocker, consistently getting to second and even third level blocks down field. Look at the KC game for an example.

He is BY FAR our best LT in camp and I'd be shocked if this were a permanent move in the absence of another deal or signing being made for a player to come in.

GO BILLS!!!

It's VERY risky. Even if you have 4 swing players, 2 of whom are backups (say, Glenn as OT/OG and Urbik as C/OG with Legursky as C/OG, and Young as OT/OG), what happens when you suffer one injury?

Can't imagine they'd keep less than 8, but 9 would be better.

So your the guy that called on draft day that he would practice at lg for a day during the second week of camp his second year? Good job!

Im the guy who is predicting he will find a permanent home there. Who needs Andy Levitre when you have an early 2nd round guard

The team only dresses 7 on game day. If Legursky is one of the seven as a backup, he can't play tackle, only center and guard. Last year, Levitre could swing to tackle. This year one of the tackles, whether a starter or a backup, has to be able to swing to guard as well.

But, as said above, Marrone has to be considering how to get Hairston in the lineup if he and Pears are two of the five best linemen. It doesn't have to be an indictment of Glenn as a tackle in order to move him to guard, if that resolves the issue of getting the five best linemen on the field as starters, or the best combination of players.

^ ^ ^

Best explanation. I like that Marrone is thinking about this even before the First Preseason Game.

Well done. It's all about getting your best players on the field. We tend to forget that sometimes. Thanks for added perspective.

GO BILLS!!!