Glenn to LG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it would be interesting if Glenn did phenominal at LG and we decided to try Hairston at LT, but when is Hairston coming back?

PS I still like Glenn at LT unless he shows major regression this year.

Edited by Big C

Left tackles are a dime a dozen.

That's right and when your left guard goes down what else can you do but shift your left tackle over there? Gotta' find out if Cordy is versatile enough to fill in at all the other line spots if they get hurt. :thumbsup:

someone in the other thread was saying that kiko alonso is ray lewis. this guy welsh is surely the new jonathan ogden.

all kidding aside, any bills fans not worried about this is drinking way too much koolaide. this is kind of alarming.

but i also remember that gailey benched levitre for one practice a few years ago. hopefully this is just one of those things.

if glenn can't be our left tackle my opinion of nix will go way down (i've been reserving judgement on him).

Chris Brown reporting that Cordy is being looked at as a potential LG starter.

Here is an idea.....if your left tackle and your left guard are both playing poorly........and your left tackle looks like an excellent guard prospect.......then why suck at two positions?

Nothing to get excited about, being training camp and all. But I wonder what Buddy has to say about this development!

Hell no he's not a guard, said Bills GM Buddy Nix of Glenn. He started 50 games and the last 16 were at left tackle. We put it out there and tried to spread the rumor that he was a guard to hope somebody wouldnt take him.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/05/04/mayock-on-bills-draft/

Here is an idea.....if your left tackle and your left guard are both playing poorly........and your left tackle looks like an excellent guard prospect.......then why suck at two positions?

When was our LT playing terrible? Are you going to cite Glenn getting beat a few times during practice as proof?

Where is he saying that?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/08/07/glenn-starts-at-lg-welch-at-lt/

Edited by Bangarang

When was our LT playing terrible? Are you going to cite Glenn getting beat a few times during practice as proof?

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/08/07/glenn-starts-at-lg-welch-at-lt/

just saying that link shows no proof other than they were playing around trying different people at different positions for (at this point) the day. We know nothing more at this point.

It has been said. I don't know if "terrible" was the term but both Pears and Glenn were reported to have played poorly in the scrimmage and that they have been allowing a lot of pressure all camp. I am not saying it is the plan, but if Jerry Hughes is running past Glenn time and again then maybe he can just run past Welch and Glenn can resolve the guard situation in the meantime. It's not like we haven't seen things like this in camp on the regular from 1994-2010 when the OL was pretty much a liability every season.

http://blogs.buffalo...lg-welch-at-lt/

Yea I saw the blog post by Chris Brown, which says the same. But Joe B has confirmed it's not a permnant move via Twitter.

@JoeBuscaglia

Cordy Glenn working at 1st team LG. Team trying him out there in practice to be a swing player. Not an official position switch #Bills

Edited by Wayne Cubed