Look who made the front page at imgur today:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Marine I love how the GySgt reacts and that Goodwin didn't do anything stupid after getting put in his place.

Precisely which post-touchdown place was that? I'm being sincere. I honestly don't know exactly what elicited this response...

Edited by The Big Cat

When the Marine started yelling Goodwin walked away instead of escalating the situation. Instead of it being a potentially embarrassing situation we get this hilarious gif.

When Goodwin ran towards the Marine he had his finger against his mouth in a "shhhing" manner.

When the Marine started yelling Goodwin walked away instead of escalating the situation. Instead of it being a potentially embarrassing situation we get this hilarious gif.

When Goodwin ran towards the Marine he had his finger against his mouth in a "shhhing" manner.

"Put in his place"? "walked away instead of escalating the situation"?

Sorry, I don't see the Marine putting Goodwin "in his place". If anything, Goodwin just ignores the guy.

As for the escalation, you do realize this took place in when Goodwin was playing college ball, right? College officials are far more rigid and strict about TD celebrations. What you saw was about the extent a college player is allowed to celebrate on the field.

Edited by Cynical

Sorry, I don't see the marine putting Goodwin "in his place". If anything, Goodwin just ignores the guy.

As for the escalation, you do realize this took place in when Goodwin was playing college ball, right? College officials are far more rigid and strict about TD celebrations. What you saw was about the extent a college player is allowed to celebrate on the field.

Please capitalize the m in Marine, it may not seem like a big deal but it is for us who served.

And while his God-given athletic ability is the vehicle that transported Goodwin to the long jump pit at the London Games, and to the practice fields at St. John Fisher College, the driving force in his journey is his younger sister, Deja.

“My sister means the world to me,” Marquise said of Deja, who is afflicted with cerebral palsy and cannot walk.

“We take for granted the little things we have in life like waking up in the morning to go to camp. When I’m dreading getting out of bed, the image of my sister pops in my head every morning when I’m getting up and I realize how blessed I am to do the little things that she can’t do.”

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130730/SPORTS03/307300088/

In my opinion Goodwin will be at least our third most productive wideout this year and will have a role from day 1. Sick athletic ability and good hands to go with a good head on his shoulders, and the work ethic of an Olympian.

i don't think anyone showed anyone up...who's to say the marine wasn't making that reaction for the player? i see no one showboating or showing anyone up...just an enthusiastic yell from perhaps a fan. and for the record, while it be be a nice token to capitalize the 'm', in the way it is being used in this instance(aka as a generic term) it is not necessary to capitalize, the same way you would say 'the doctor' 'the priest' 'the candlestick maker', 'the teacher'

http://www.chicagoma...es/faq0006.html

Edited by The Poojer

As a Marine I love how the GySgt reacts and that Goodwin didn't do anything stupid after getting put in his place.

Why does someone have to get put in their place? The Marine was clearly an Ole Miss fan and did what most of the fans in that portion of the endzone were doing. No one has to win this situation.

Why does someone have to get put in their place? The Marine was clearly an Ole Miss fan and did what most of the fans in that portion of the endzone were doing. No one has to win this situation.

It is a great video, I found it hilarious and could picture my Gunny screaming at me after I did something stupid (not saying that Goodwin did something stupid).

I believe Goodwin is saluting the Marine and the Marine is saying touch down.

When this happened there were two theories, one that Goodwin tried to salute the Marine and the Marine yelled at him because he is not in the service and should not be saluting. Option two is that Goodwin helped his finger to his lips and then got yelled at. The video is great but I think it loses its effect if you have never felt the wrath and heard the scream of a pissed of GySgt.

Sorry, I don't see the marine putting Goodwin "in his place". If anything, Goodwin just ignores the guy.

Looked like both were just having a little fun. I served 21 in the Corps and retired as a Gunny. Maybe Gunz was just back from a lengthy deployment and needed to unwind some. Regardless, who cares really???

i don't think anyone showed anyone up...who's to say the marine wasn't making that reaction for the player? i see no one showboating or showing anyone up...just an enthusiastic yell from perhaps a fan. and for the record, while it be be a nice token to capitalize the 'm', in the way it is being used in this instance(aka as a generic term) it is not necessary to capitalize, the same way you would say 'the doctor' 'the priest' 'the candlestick maker', 'the teacher'

Marine is a title. It may fall on either side of what is actually proper but take it from a Marine, it's capitalized and I am sure 5 million other former and current Marines would concur.

Imgur is a massive picture-sharing site with reddit-like voting. Check out this silly gif that made it to the front page today:

KCTvlRf.gif

Reedit. Hahahahahhahaha. Inb4 ebaums

Edited by jboyst62

... and The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language says to capitalize it when used as a noun referring to a member of the USMC. http://www.ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=marine

Either way is "correct" but I choose to capitalize it as a sign of respect.

Did you just equate reddit and ebaumsworld? :wacko:

all of it is amatuer to the underbelly of the internet...and no I do not mean PPP. And, no I do not mean tor.chan's, etc...4chan is a lot more fun then any of those sites.

Put in his place? Lol yea... Sure

Goodwin made that guy look like a biatch.

not cool. you had best learn when to respect son. shhhh..

hahaha thtas hilarious... that marine got showed up..... mmmmmmmarine

hahaha thtas hilarious... that marine got showed up..... mmmmmmmarine

shame for you.

get a job and a haircut

Do we have to capitalize the "J" in "jarhead," too?

:beer:

you too, i thought better. Every American should respect our armed sevices all the way back to General George Washington for putting the concept of democracy and freedom from oppressive tyrant nations first before their own lives. just the individual sacrifices alone should be enough to overcome any misconceptions folks may have these days about right and wrong

I think actual history has taken a backseat to you tube videos and twitter : )

Lol it was in response to his post. It was actually to see if anyone would be biased. You didn't disappoint.

I sure am. Proud of it. One of the points in life i dont take lightly. sorry.

now lets get back these darn Buffalo Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

What is funny which I thought you would have noticed is I never mentioned anything Military I simply said "guy". That was the whole point.

Busted. I actually i wasnt paying attention to details.

Isnt the subject matter the Marine and my boy Marquise ? Who is showing very well at camp by all reports by the way

all of it is amatuer to the underbelly of the internet...and no I do not mean PPP. And, no I do not mean tor.chan's, etc...4chan is a lot more fun then any of those sites.

Even if you don't like them, they're nothing alike...

As a veteran of the Corp from '91-'99, I'm embarrassed by this Marines actions. First, I noticed the white trousers. Not blue with the blood line, which means special duty, perhaps Silent Drill? (unless recruiting duty now wears white) Being a VT game, I can see this as a "home" game for him if he is assigned to D.C. If he is Silent Drill, I would expect more discipline and bearing from a highly disciplined Marine. Either a SD member or a recruiter or whatever, I think he forgot his place and acted like a fan and not a Marine at the moment. That's okay when in civies, not in uniform.

Please capitalize the m in Marine, it may not seem like a big deal but it is for us who served.

As a former army captain, who always thought of Marines kindly as jarheads, I've now decided to always spell Marine with a capital M. Service deserves respect.

As a veteran of the Corp from '91-'99, I'm embarrassed by this Marines actions. First, I noticed the white trousers. Not blue with the blood line, which means special duty, perhaps Silent Drill? (unless recruiting duty now wears white) Being a VT game, I can see this as a "home" game for him if he is assigned to D.C. If he is Silent Drill, I would expect more discipline and bearing from a highly disciplined Marine. Either a SD member or a recruiter or whatever, I think he forgot his place and acted like a fan and not a Marine at the moment. That's okay when in civies, not in uniform.

white trousers are the required sunmer blues trousers my friend

We all know how Gunnys can get when they are agitated, especially by a kid playing football. :rolleyes:

As a former army captain, who always thought of Marines kindly as jarheads, I've now decided to always spell Marine with a capital M. Service deserves respect.

Thank you sir, I know we all engage in the occasional service bragging contest but I always capitalize Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. I have respect for everyone who serves and I appreciate the reciprocation.

white trousers are the required sunmer blues trousers my friend

I didn't know the official uniform regulation so thank you for clarifying.