Sullivan on WGR this morning

Although the topic of Jerry Sullivan and the local media has been beat to death, I have to vent. He is like the Kieth Olberman and Glen Beck of local sports all rolled in to one, not naming facts to support his opinions. No, he uses more ridiculous, unfounded opinions to support his already baseless claim. Today on WGR, he was listing Mario's faults and in the middle he stammered "posting pics of guns...err...the Aaron Hernandez thing...'

Jeremy had to force him to explain it, and it was some weak explanation about a facebook post. Had Jeremy not called him out, Sully would have been just fine to associate a guy who has injuries with a guy who murdered.

Sullivan's schtick is exhausted. Thankfully his headlines are a 'Deeaaad Giveaway' so I rarely give him even an accidental click. Time for he and the likes of Schoop to move on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the topic of Jerry Sullivan and the local media has been beat to death, I have to vent. He is like the Kieth Olberman and Glen Beck of local sports all rolled in to one, not naming facts to support his opinions. No, he uses more ridiculous, unfounded opinions to support his already baseless claim. Today on WGR, he was listing Mario's faults and in the middle he stammered "posting pics of guns...err...the Aaron Hernandez thing...'

Jeremy had to force him to explain it, and it was some weak explanation about a facebook post. Had Jeremy not called him out, Sully would have been just fine to associate a guy who has injuries with a guy who murdered.

Sullivan's schtick is exhausted. Thankfully his headlines are a 'Deeaaad Giveaway' so I rarely give him even an accidental click. Time for he and the likes of Schoop to move on.

Food for thought... The more people that discuss his writing, the more he's going to write. Wether you like the guys articles or not, he is drawing your (the public's) interest. He has done his job and garnered attention because his WGR interview has now become a topic on TBD. I personally do not care for his articles either, which is why I say the best way to get at him, just simply do not discuss it at all. Just my 2¢…

Who gives a crap. Don't read it, firstly. And second, if it means that little to you what makes you think it means much to us? Why bring it up? Why not focus on football? And if you are going to use his material for discussion bring in where he is wrong, write a better article right here.

Don't clog up the board with material like this...

Who gives a crap. Don't read it, firstly. And second, if it means that little to you what makes you think it means much to us? Why bring it up? Why not focus on football? And if you are going to use his material for discussion bring in where he is wrong, write a better article right here.

He was on the radio, I did not read it. Did you read my post? It seems not.

I will now bow down to you, my master, Jboyst62 and your nearly 11000(100% football content filled) posts.

You are clearly superior to me and my <200 posts.

I never read his crap anymore... But that over zealous shock negativity attracts plenty of readers which pays the bills at the paper.

until the crowd that is attracted to such shock type of journalism grows tired there will always be a place for the Sullivans

I never read his crap anymore... But that over zealous shock negativity attracts plenty of readers which pays the bills at the paper.

until the crowd that is attracted to such shock type of journalism grows tired there will always be a place for the Sullivans

I guess my problem is this, I wake up excited to turn on my radio, hear an interview maybe, get some new news! Instead I hear Sully doing his thing.

I get lambasted by the almighty jboyst for "clogging up the board with content like this", Sullivan gets away with providing almost no content.

I am a nobody, no one should expect anything from anything I write or say. Sully gets paid for his ridiculous, sensationalistic comments but never has to pay for the fires he starts.

Just frustrates to have him pee in my cheerios.

While I share your distaste for the no talent hack, Sullivan, I refuse to read or even discuss his material. The only point I can make, albeit ignorant as I don't know his football pedigree, is that anything that anyone says about the game or its players, that hasn't ever stepped on a field at any level higher than the local town pee wee league, is severely lacking in credibility.

Here's to hoping we all do the only thing that will make him go away...ignore him.

I guess my problem is this, I wake up excited to turn on my radio, hear an interview maybe, get some new news! Instead I hear Sully doing his thing.

I get lambasted by the almighty jboyst for "clogging up the board with content like this", Sullivan gets away with providing almost no content.

I am a nobody, no one should expect anything from anything I write or say. Sully gets paid for his ridiculous, sensationalistic comments but never has to pay for the fires he starts.

Just frustrates to have him pee in my cheerios.

You don't have a problem. You're looking for Bills news. Just ignore Sullivan and don't post here about him. The more we ignore him the better.

There are a lot of posters here on TBD that are clones of him. It really spoils it for posters that have a HEALTHY skepticism about the goings and comings at OBD and the other branch of the fan family that want to see the possibilities of improvement in the team. Butt munchers like Sully are completely negative and accomplish little other than drawing attention to themselves and further polarizing the fan base. Like Miss Lillian once said a long time ago, "I don't wish him dead, but I wish he'd go away."

Edited by Nanker

Don't clog up a Bills message board with a story about the Bills from a Senior Sports columnist, whose primary job is to write about the Bills? I don't think there is a more appropriate place to discuss something like this, in the world! Wow. But surely none of your ten thousand, virtuous posts, have clogged up the board.

such pointless arrogance rarely have i seen...

anything that anyone says about the game or its players, that hasn't ever stepped on a field at any level higher than the local town pee wee league, is severely lacking in credibility.

Does this apply to coaches as well?

There are a lot of posters here on TBD that are clones of him. It really spoils it for posters that have a HEALTHY skepticism about the goings and comings at OBD and the other branch of the fan family that want to see the possibilities of improvement in the team. Butt munchers like Sully are completely negative and accomplish little other than drawing attention to themselves and further polarizing the fan base. Like Miss Lillian once said a long time ago, "I don't wish him dead, but I wish he'd go away."

Wait, which ones are the pillow biters, again? The butt pirates.