Sullivan on WGR this morning

So Jerry Sullivan wrote an article that casts apersions upon on Mario Williams. Next week he'll flatulate all over EJ Manuel. The following week I'm guessing Kyle Williams is washed up.

I read each and every one, because they're about the Bills. I mentally shrug my shoulders, I think "douche", and get a second cup of coffee. I go to work, usually in surgery, and watch miracles and tears.

The sun rises in the east every day. It usually sets in the west. My adoration of the Bills soldiers on through 4 Super Bowl losses and 13 years of frustration. Jerry Sullivan is a pimple on the rump of the elephant of my existence.

Onward. By the way, I miss The Dean. That means a lot more to me than some idiot opinion writer.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in sports talk, and when a team wins..people love to call in and celebrate along with a winner, but when a team sucks...People LOVE to bash and complain about the team just as much-It is theraputic .

.All we have had is sucking for years and years, so guys like Jerry serve a real purpose. He is the cheerleader for Buffalo sports sucking....When, and If that ever changes-Sully may no longer serve a purpose...Yes-he is negative, but all we have had is negativity with The Bills-for a long, long time. His frustration is a reflection of many Buffalo fans...and a lot times he is right on the money...Until The Bills show real change-They dont get a free pass!

True, the ebb and flow of positivity and negativity from guys like Sully are definitely linked to the product on the field (for the most part).

What was very "hack-like" IMO today, was Sully (on a not so very well-disguised campaign against MW) was to compare MW's Twitter pics to the Hernandez situation. That's lazy and uninspired. Sully takes pride in being the "smart man's" journalist and should know better. He had no retort when J. White called him on it and it just sounded bad on his part.

I know, right? I was there and I love Wheat Kings, but they were just killing time. Langlois was smoking a cigarette and it was actually kind of a sloppy version. I have seen so many greats put on so many great performances where you could hear a pin drop in the theater- John Prine, Neil Young, Merle Haggard, Gordon Lightfoot, etc.- and I don't know that I've ever been moved to tears. But that version of Wheat Kings made Jerry Sullivan shed tears? They play it almost every show. It was probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen him write.

I think you have to have a soul to shed tears. It probably started to rain, his face got wet, and the imbecile thought he was crying.

True, the ebb and flow of positivity and negativity from guys like Sully are definitely linked to the product on the field (for the most part).

What was very "hack-like" IMO today, was Sully (on a not so very well-disguised campaign against MW) was to compare MW's Twitter pics to the Hernandez situation. That's lazy and uninspired. Sully takes pride in being the "smart man's" journalist and should know better. He had no retort when J. White called him on it and it just sounded bad on his part.

Was it a clumsy reference to MW's Instagram of Hernandez?

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/06/mario-williams-mocks-aaron-hernandezs-love-of-guns-via-instagram-photo/

The Felser's and Kelley's and other talented columnists that have come through Buffalo never had to resort to the 'lowest common denominator" approach...

Easy to forget how good we had it. Kelley was a perfect example of someone who could cover a team in good times and bad, and was not afraid to deliver criticism, sometimes pointedly and vehemently, but had the credibility to back it up. He was also a talented writer, the likes of which is unfortunately quickly becoming extinct in this "instant gratification" society we live in.

Easy to forget how good we had it. Kelley was a perfect example of someone who could cover a team in good times and bad, and was not afraid to deliver criticism, sometimes pointedly and vehemently, but had the credibility to back it up. He was also a talented writer, the likes of which is unfortunately quickly becoming extinct in this "instant gratification" society we live in.

Slow your roll........before you wax philosophic about the past and cast stones at any member of the current local media, keep in mind that no group of Buffalo media has ever had to endure the kind of sustained ineptitude that these guys have. NONE.

THIRTEEN YEARS of watching this organization repeat mistake after mistake for a living. It's one thing to just tune into this team when you feel like it. These guys have to live it. :doh:

I remember fans griping about the mid-80's like the team had been mired in a half century of losing. The spread between the last Knox playoff team and the Levy AFC Championship team was 7 seasons. The 70's only yielded one playoff appearance but there was OJ to be proud of and excited about.

Personally, I thought the Sullivan article had no news value. We already know all of this stuff about Mario. Yeah, he's kind of a mess but he is a really good football player. The only ground that really needed to be covered earlier was letting Berchtold or whoever is in charge of PR know that the coach shouldn't be addressing the media without knowing what is going on with an injury to the one larger than life player on the team. But the Bills had already gotten that message. In short, all it did was draw attention to the Buffalo News and Sully's radio show by aggrivating the thin-skinned. Mission accomplished.

Thankfully, newspapers are about dead.

yeh replaced by mindless tweets by people who cannot write or spell or remember a thought for more than 12 seconds.

Read a good paper and you may learn something or actually have to engage your brain. Jerry Sullivan may be an idiot, but not all writers and are at least responsible enough to have their name attached to their articles, unlike the mindless tweets. Thank goodness reporters exposing (sic) tweeters like Anthony Weiner.

He was on the radio, I did not read it. Did you read my post? It seems not.

I will now bow down to you, my master, Jboyst62 and your nearly 11000(100% football content filled) posts.

You are clearly superior to me and my <200 posts.

Thank you RR, you have Managed to finally shut up the 11000 posts by Jboyst 62. congratulations. Intelligence prevails

He was actually talking about the twitter cartoon pics OF Hernandez that Mario re-posted, not comparing the two situations. Still a reach, however I did understand his idea that when ALL things are included in the daytime drama story that is Mario, it could point to some 'decision making' issues.

Every year people create multiple threads to B word about sully in the pre-season and every year people create multiple threads mid-season that state, "I normally hate sully but today's article is dead on." In both threads the majority of responses agree with the OP. Odd.

I have posted this before, but I am convinced that Sullivan and some of the other Buffalo media guys post here anonymously. There have been some, such as John W., who post using their own name.

As for Sullivan, I have no problem with people pointing out his obvious flaws. The irony is that it seems as though Sullivan and other members of the Buffalo media (and their defenders) have much thinner skin than the guys they criticize/attack.

I have posted this before, but I am convinced that Sullivan and some of the other Buffalo media guys post here anonymously. There have been some, such as John W., who post using their own name.

As for Sullivan, I have no problem with people pointing out his obvious flaws. The irony is that it seems as though Sullivan and other members of the Buffalo media (and their defenders) have much thinner skin than the guys they criticize/attack.

^^^^

This