Guard position battle not going so hot

MClem06

Doesn't today's injury to Kolb further show the importance of a quality left guard. No way does Levitre allow Kolb to get injured if he's around.

The last thread you started (link below) claimed that E.J. Manuel picked the jersey #1 when he was drafted. At this point, it's clear that you are simply a troll.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/159710-manuel-should-never-be-1/#entry2852120

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't today's injury to Kolb further show the importance of a quality left guard. No way does Levitre allow Kolb to get injured if he's around.

Nah Levitre would have been carrying EJ's pads and couldn't have helped glass-man,,,, I mean Kold. In all seriousness I do hope Kolb gets back before the season gets underway. Having a VET as a back up makes me feel a little better. Tuel and Smith as our back ups doesn't make me feel warm n fuzzy. We may not get far this year but we have young talent at WR who need to develop.

I've prolly had more to drink tonight than you Canks but what is sigend? I wish Levitre had wanted to stay at a reasonable price but it didn't happen. We shall see whether Tennesee's big payout will pay them dividends. Levitre wanted his big $ more than he wanted to stay so it's best to stop crying over it. Move on please.

Btw, gosh we really do need a decent LG. We can be fine without a pro bowler but the team needs someone whom Wood does not need to babysit this full season. What a dilemma. Levitre asked for too much though. His high asking price if delivered by the Bills could and most likely would have had dire long term consequences in the event other quality players would ask for too high of a new contract. I suppose we could have paid Levitre and guaranteed losing Byrd. But then our O-Line would be asking for too much next year and the next. Levitre just asked for too much IMO.

Okay I admit it was too but this and his last one.......... where is the troll emoticon anyway? Like adding ice to wine.

bowery, a proper troll emoticon might resemble the sight of a mixture of a mossy, green toenail fungus intermingled with the last breath of a dying toadstool.

Am I missing something? Are there people trying to answer this seriously? And... are there other people who are actually somehow bothered by it?

Oy Vey! :doh:

I believe some peeps find it a humorous distraction.

Edited by Pilsner

They made a huge mistake in letting Levitre go, when are they going to learn you don't let the best player at his position go. I recall when Russ took over and Marrone came in where there was a general thought of Guards aren't important in this offense. This total BS, I don't care what the NFL has become or what offense you run the O-line is critical for success, always has been always will be. I hope we don't revert back to the days of Jerrry O, Hangman and mike Williams. :thumbdown:

all you had to say was Larry Allen, we know how important the position is because we saw him play and now he is a Hall of famer.

all you had to say was Larry Allen, we know how important the position is because we saw him play and now he is a Hall of famer.

So now the team should've re-signed Levitre to whatever deal he wanted because Larry Allen is a HOFer?

I realize that's not your point, but it's rather ancillary to the topic at hand.

I don't mean that as a slight; just struck me as a weird corollary to the discussion