What do you do that is old fashioned/country?

boyst

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up a 37" Sony 1080p refurb from newegg for $200, I cannot understand not upgrading when the cost to upgrade is so low.

Because my TV still works. Once it dies, I'll get something around 50-55" that'll look nice on my entertainment center.

Because my TV still works. Once it dies, I'll get something around 50-55" that'll look nice on my entertainment center.

I am assuming you make decent $$ so a couple hundred to see the NFL/NHL (my preferences) would make the tube upgrade well worth it. Watching on your set would make me slit my wrists, but to each their own. You are going to orgasm when you get your new set up.

I have a computer that's still running Windows XP...

Why did you update it? Windows 98 works fine.

We dehydrate blackberries, First time we have ever tried something like this.

My wife's "old fashioned" things would be strange to those on the wall since they are old Chinese things.

Two raised bed gardens. Garlic has reached full maturity, clipped off tops and flower (forgot what they're called), put them in blender with some olive oil, parm cheese and red pepper flakes...blend. We poured the mixture into ice cube trays and froze them. Then put them into Ziploc bags. In the fall or winter, when you buy a good loaf of bread and want pesto to dip into, take a few cubes out, let them thaw and they are excellent. Also good to drop a cube into marinara or anything else that needs a garlicy flavor.

They sell them in local Asian supermarket we shop at but neither my wife or I have ever seen them used but I keep getting tempted.

They just call them garlic flowers in Asian market but now I know thanks to Poojer they are called Scapes. I will ask my wife to add some garlic to garden and try them.

Absolutely this.

Also, I've come to exclusively use a cast-iron skillet for any stove-top cooking that doesn't require depth. For years I pissed away money on cookwear until my wife bought me the skillet for my birthday. It has become increasingly amazing to me that, beyond needing tall pots for sauces, soups, stews, etc, the cast-iron skillet does everything you could possibly want out of a piece of cookwear.

I used to have such a cast iron skillet wonderfully seasoned I bought from goodwill store when I was sophomore in college. It was one of first pans my wife ruined.

On special occasions I carry a pocket watch. My grandfathers pocket watch. The inscription says it was made in 1921 and it still runs like a champ :beer:

If I see people whip out their smart phones and start swiping their finger across, I'll pull out the watch and wind it. The looks on their faces is priceless sometimes. They think I have some new super secret Google or Apple device :lol:

On special occasions I carry a pocket watch. My grandfathers pocket watch. The inscription says it was made in 1921 and it still runs like a champ :beer:

If I see people whip out their smart phones and start swiping their finger across, I'll pull out the watch and wind it. The looks on their faces is priceless sometimes. They think I have some new super secret Google or Apple device :lol:

Kind-of like when teenagers stop and watch when I mow the lawn with a reel lawn mower.

So basically, you made a post to this message board yesterday afternoon after coming out of the closet in the morning.

ROTFLMAO... Nice!

You gotta stop hanging around hipsters!

My pet peeve is people who wear a wrist watch on their right wrist! I guess I am old-fashioned for wearing it on my left wrist...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

What about your wallet? I was raised it goes in your left ass pocket. Bugs me when I see guys with them in their right ass pocket. Don't even get me started on the front pocket...

ROTFLMAO... Nice!

You gotta stop hanging around hipsters!

My pet peeve is people who wear a wrist watch on their right wrist! I guess I am old-fashioned for wearing it on my left wrist...

What about your wallet? I was raised it goes in your left ass pocket. Bugs me when I see guys with them in their right ass pocket. Don't even get me started on the front pocket...

I always put my wallet in my right rear pocket. I do the front pocket in congested areas (walking through NYC, concerts, etc.) due to pickpockets. I have actually been using my front pocket more and more, because the wallet in the back pocket hurts my back a little bit.

What's wrong with the front pocket wallet hold, Pooj?

Kind-of like when teenagers stop and watch when I mow the lawn with a reel lawn mower.

My son wants a reel lawn mower ... which should go well with the '58 Edsel he also wants.

Let's be clear...old fashioned indicates a better alternative to do something has come around. None of the alternatives to your 'old fashioned' activities are even acceptable. Doing the alternative is simply rude!

I wake up early and go to work 5 or more days every single week, I pay my own way, I don't sit around waiting for someone else to solve my problems, I teach my children to respect their elders, I live within my means, I support my own family, I read, I look before I leap, I treat the women in my life with the utmost repect, I show up 20 minutes early, I know when to cut my losses.

LoL... Don't really even have a wallet... Just a clip, with licenses/card and cash. Yes, never back pocket. Anywhere else will do... :-O

Two words......money clip.

Worthy! :-) Oh w/not much in it (me)...

Oh... Forgot. Why were you raised "left pocket?" is there a practical explanation to this. Left handed? w/a wrist watch it has to be on the left hand, so you can wind it and not take it off... On the right wrist, how the heck can you wind it, even being left handed? Not taking it off of course. Unless you wear the face upside down?

I'm building a guitar (Gibson SG copy, for those who care). With hand tools. Some of which I built myself, and others of which (an old Stanley 4 1/2 plane, for example) I refurbished.

My first guitar was a Walnut SG. Bought it at Ed Bentley's on Harlem rd.

"If it's not a Gibson it's not a guitar."

I milk my dog every morning and I spayed my own cat, just like the pioneers. I also defecate in my clean water supply and fiercely protect my property from bands of marauding Washingtons who can't seem to wrap their heads around manifest f@#$ing destiny.

I'm jealous, I tried to learn and play but I just don't have the dexterity for it.

I strum chords (as opposed to playing guitar) and sing songs with friends. Mostly the Band, Taj Mahal, Dylan, Bromberg... I also play a Jew's harp if it's blue grassy enough. :lol:

I have a 30 year old Guild/Madeira folk guitar and a 1961 Gretsch hollow body electric.

My grandson plays bass and loves to jam with me and my buddy. He LOVES 60's to 80's rock, along with some contemporary stuff.