How Many Could Have Helped ??

I was wondering with all the talk about a certain Bills player & his contract talk just how many other players that could have had a long career with the Bills were let go in the not to distant past that could have helped to keep our team much more rellevent if we would have come off the cash ...

Now i do realize that there would have been no way we could have kept all of these guys due to the cap but i'm just trying to think of something to talk about to fill the dead time till the season starts so dig in ...

I'll start with a few that i can think of off the top of my head :

Antione Winfield

Jabari Greer

Jason Peters - UHG even though i can't stand the guy !!

Poz

Nate Clemens

Andy Levetrie

O.K your turn Go Bills fans !!!

Edited by T master

I was wondering with all the talk about a certain Bills player & his contract talk just how many other players that could have had a long career with the Bills were let go in the not to distant past that could have helped to keep our team much more rellevent if we would have come off the cash ...

Now i do realize that there would have been no way we could have kept all of these guys due to the cap but i'm just trying to think of something to talk about to fill the dead time till the season starts so dig in ...

Antione Winfield

Jabari Greer

Poz

Nate Clemens

Andy Levetrie

Yeah, free agency hasn't been kind to us. They should stop that.

Ok I'll play along. The only one is Jabari Greer, because he would still be with the team and I think he is better than McKelvin.

Levetrie would have cost too much.

Peters injured too much.

Poz not goog enough

Winfield and Clemens would not have helped badly coached awful teams.

Antione Winfield

Jabari Greer

Poz

Nate Clemens

Andy Levetrie

Other than Peters, I don't see one player on that list that was "let go."

GO BILLS!!!

Pat Williams

Ted Washington

Jabari Greer

Nate Clements

Antoine Winfield

David Nelson

Takeo Spikes

London Fletcher

Maybe Whinter and Poz

There was another LB that we let go back in the early 2000s. Cowart maybe? Can't remember. Was very good but had an Achilles injury. I thought he went somewhere after and produced. Can't remember though.

Added to the list are other players that could have and or should have been resigned or not traded:

Lynch- even though he deserved it

Evans- even though he wasn't that good, was better than Jones

Willis- even though he deserved it

TO- much better than any WR we had on our team

Henry

Bledsoe

Edited by mrags

Whitner absolutely does not belong in this discussion. He was crap and still is crap. He is a below average player on a very stacked D. I would even go as far as to say he is the reason the 49ers lost the Super Bowl. The ravens picked on him early and often for TDs

The all pro bowl called and begged to differ.

As for the original post, unless we were going for the beautiful hair award, losing Poz meant nothing.

As for the original post, unless we were going for the beautiful hair award, losing Poz meant nothing.

Although Poz went for too much money, our appalling run defense the last few years missed him greatly

Although Poz went for too much money, our appalling run defense the last few years missed him greatly

Really? Our run defense in 2010, his last year on the Bills, was the worst in the league. He was part of the problem then and as bad as our defense vs. the run has been since he left, it was actually WORSE when he was here.

GO BILLS!!!

Here's who I can remember that once walked the halls and left for one reason or another with juice in the tank that I was not happy to see leave.

Joe Cribbs

Joe Delamielleure

Shane Conlan

Chris Spielman

Bobby Chandler

Bobby Moore (okay, you probably know him as Ahmad Rashad).

Bruce Smith

Thurman Thomas

Andre Reed

Ron Edwards

Sam Adams

Bryce Fisher

Ruben Brown

Don Beebe

Bryce Paup

Martin Mayhew (TC cut - got his revenge by giving Jim Kelly a concussion in SB)

Will Wolford (Indy's poison pill contract was so onerous that Rozelle changed the rule... we got screwed so bad)

Ron McDole

Pete Gogolak

Gary-the-tanker-Anderson (so pizzed at him tanking the preseason so Knox HAD to cut him... f'n twerp)

Lucious Sanford (though he was traded to Cleveland IIRC)

Here's who I can remember that once walked the halls and left for one reason or another with juice in the tank that I was not happy to see leave.

Joe Cribbs

Joe Delamielleure

Shane Conlan

Chris Spielman

Bobby Chandler

Bobby Moore (okay, you probably know him as Ahmad Rashad).

Bruce Smith

Thurman Thomas

Andre Reed

Ron Edwards

Sam Adams

Bryce Fisher

Ruben Brown

Don Beebe

Bryce Paup

Martin Mayhew (TC cut - got his revenge by giving Jim Kelly a concussion in SB)

Will Wolford (Indy's poison pill contract was so onerous that Rozelle changed the rule... we got screwed so bad)

Ron McDole

Pete Gogolak

Gary-the-tanker-Anderson (so pizzed at him tanking the preseason so Knox HAD to cut him... f'n twerp)

Lucious Sanford (though he was traded to Cleveland IIRC)

That one really sucked on all accounts.

The what called? The bills equipment manager called and said he's still finding some of Whitners equipment from when Tomlinson juked the **** outta him. Whitner had had two decent plays in his career his pick of brady in his first game and his hit on sproles a year or two ago. Maybe three if you count the late hit in the end zone against the raiders when he got burned and then taunted on a long TD.

The only reason anyone knows who he is is because you see his name and number on every TD pass against the 9ers

Edited by kr632

The what called? The bills equipment manager called and said he's still finding some of Whitners equipment from when Tomlinson juked the **** outta him. Whitner had had two decent plays in his career his pick of brady in his first game and his hit on sproles a year or two ago. Maybe three if you count the late hit in the end zone against the raiders when he got burned and then taunted on a long TD.

The only reason anyone knows who he is is because you see his name and number on every TD pass against the 9ers

The title of the topic is "How many could have helped?"

I said "Whitner belongs in the conversation" (notice I didn't say Whitner could have helped).

You can be as dismissive as you'd like but he still belongs in the conversation and the fact that you've built a case against him kinda proves that.