Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

probably two sides to that coin - i have a hard time believing our prisons are doing much for rehabilitation. thats not to say they should be country clubs either....

most prisons are privately run and for profit. It is all about making money, they could give a damn about rehabilitation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably two sides to that coin - i have a hard time believing our prisons are doing much for rehabilitation. thats not to say they should be country clubs either....

I have a close relative who got his associate's degree in prison. You would not believe how hard the prison system made it for him to do this. At least in NY, the prison system is a penal system--not in any way a rehab system. It's a shame actually. Sure we don't want to give them country clubs but why not help at least the handful that would accept the help? The last thing we want are repeat offenders, and most inmates are.

Oh no! The ACLU says Hernandez is being mis-treated in jail! They want him in a hotel suite with caviar and daily laundry service.

Aaron Hernandez Is Now Locked Alone Inside a Room the Size of a Parking Spot

And his victims are locked alone inside a room the size of a coffin.

Perfect.

Kraft says Patriots' organization 'has been duped' by Hernandez sure you were Mr Kraft. Excuses on the cuff in case Roger makes an issue of it? (like spy gate by burning the film)

or Excuses on the cuff in case people start to sue the Putz for not controlling its players

Yeah, and they claim that they lost $250K from the jersey exchange. No doubt that's what they'll write it off as being. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and they claim that they lost $250K from the jersey exchange. No doubt that's what they'll write it off as being. :rolleyes:

What a crock. At just over 1100 jerseys the math works out to 225 a jersey. I don't buy it and whining about the cost undoes all of the good will setting it up in the first place garnered.

Kraft says Patriots' organization 'has been duped' by Hernandez sure you were Mr Kraft. Excuses on the cuff in case Roger makes an issue of it? (like spy gate by burning the film)

or Excuses on the cuff in case people start to sue the Putz for not controlling its players

I know it's not popular to defend Kraft but I think he's being genuine here. From the article...

"No one in our organization was aware of any of these kind of connections. If it's true, I'm just shocked. Our whole organization was duped."

Calling Hernandez a "most likeable young man," Kraft painted the picture of a player who often said the right things but had trouble following through in the end. Hernandez impressed the Patriots after the 2010 NFL Draft by sending a letter asking for trust and agreeing to bi-weekly drug tests throughout his rookie season. Hernandez went on to convince Kraft that his goal was to be a role model in the Hispanic community.

"I believed him," Kraft said. "... He knew how to push my buttons."

What a crock. At just over 1100 jerseys the math works out to 225 a jersey. I don't buy it and whining about the cost undoes all of the good will setting it up in the first place garnered.

The article said "nearly 2000" jerseys. But I always thought the jerseys retailed for closer to what you said.

http://www.usatoday....nandez/2494937/

Looks like a predictable crowd with 20/20 hindsight has taken to blaming Urban Meyer for enabling Hernandez to become a killer. God I hate people sometimes. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

urban definitely didnt run a good or clean program at UF from everything weve heard... if not for tebow we may have heard a lot more.... but i agree that acting as if he contributed to the murder somehow is absurd.

For perspective on what a trainwreck that team was... i just saw the stat that in 2008 UF had 120 players including walkons, and that roster has accounted for 41 arrests already

thats not to tie anything to hernandez here, just a statistic that i think reflects the type of program he ran.

There's certainly a wide range between "Meyer contributing to Hernandez becoming a murderer" on one hand and "Meyer ran a loose program that helped enable his players to feel like they could get away with a lot" on the other.

Hernandez was at Florida for 3 years and Urban Meyer was powerless to change the course of his life. Is that a fair statement?

And before people get too defensive of Meyers, there's still the question of the bouncer who was assaulted by Hernandez who insisted on pressing charges but after talking with the coaching staff and school administrators, decided he didn't want to press charges. This same man, Michael Taphorn now refuses to comment on the matter.

When asked to respond about the possibility that the school reached a settlement with Taphorn, UF spokesman Steve McClain released the following statement:

"No one from the university's general counsel's office was involved in this manner."

Notice however that the statement does not address the possibility that others might have settled the case of Hernandez assaulting the bouncer.

http://www.usatoday....rfight/2483559/

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I know it's not popular to defend Kraft but I think he's being genuine here. From the article...

"No one in our organization was aware of any of these kind of connections. If it's true, I'm just shocked. Our whole organization was duped."

Calling Hernandez a "most likeable young man," Kraft painted the picture of a player who often said the right things but had trouble following through in the end. Hernandez impressed the Patriots after the 2010 NFL Draft by sending a letter asking for trust and agreeing to bi-weekly drug tests throughout his rookie season. Hernandez went on to convince Kraft that his goal was to be a role model in the Hispanic community.

"I believed him," Kraft said. "... He knew how to push my buttons."

You know how you can tell Kraft is being dishonest? His lips move.

They should have known about him well before they put him in those video games.....

So EA Sports should never put someone who could possibly get into trouble with the law in their video games? The games would have to be 3-on-3 sandlot football games. Where were all the threads saying Aaron Hernandez is going to end up murdering someone? If it was that easy to predict, don't you think there would be a lot less murders?

Thank goodness for the ACLU!

http://sports.yahoo....-003203774.html

I cherish my civil liberties and am thankful there is an ACLU to combat PATRIOT act. etc. Solitary confinement is cruel and unusual. They say every man breaks in solitary confinement. Hernandez is a POS and justice will be served. And it was Dostoyesky who stated "The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons."

Thank goodness for the ACLU!

http://sports.yahoo....-003203774.html

I know I'll regret posting this, but here goes. While causes the ACLU takes up occasionally elicit shocked and horrified reactions (i.e., "how could they support the rights of that monster") the bottom line is we should all be thankful they do what they do. As soon as someone invents the crystal ball that is 100% foolproof in determining anyone's guilt or innocence, we need organizations like this to protect the overzealous from stepping upon the individual freedoms of citizens. Those rights are what supposedly make us "better" than any other industrialized nation.