Most underrated player

Kraig Urbik is definitely underrated. I'm glad the Bills gave him a contract extension.

My choice would be Scott Chandler. He may not be the best Tight End in the game, but he has been the best Tight End the Bills have had in awhile. He's made some big catches over the middle of the field and has taken some punishing hits as well. He's also a good blocker.

I just hope he can come back strong from his ACL injury.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you guys talk about Stevie and 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, I hope we remember that:

1000 yards is only 63 per game. Being on the field for every offensive snap, 66 yards is not much to brag about.

As far as the OP's question, I cant choose anybody on the defense, because it depends on how they fit into the new system. Offense is offense, so I will choose Robert Woods.

He's a rookie, I know. And rookie WRs find it hard to contribute. But as a 2nd round pick, I think he will surpass his draft status and shock people. Especially across from mr. "1000 yard season."

Edited by maddenboy

As CJ Spiller has (rightfully) ascended amongst Bills fans, Fred Jackson has fallen off the radar, it seems.

Fred Jackson is the most underrated/under appreciated player on the Bills. The fact that people are bringing up Spiller's name in this thread illustrates this pretty well. Two seasons ago Jackson was in the running for MVP up till week 10 when he got injured. If Jackson is healthy the guy is a beast. The question is if he can stay healthy. Granted, I have that same question about Spiller if he gets more carries.

Bryan Scott? but hard to argue with your Urbik pick. I say Scott because year after year, he contributes consistently and effectively. A true professional, shows up, plays well, and is a good citizen.

I'll second this one. Ya cant measure a kids heart but Bryan certainly plays with heart. Underrated fer sher..

Outside of fantasy not many people really know. None of them know how good he really is going to be.

A huge number of fans play fantasy and I think all of them realize how wildly explosive cj is and blame (or thank if they didnt own spiller) chan for giving him so few touches

Here's a controversial one: brad smith. Poorly utilized but highly explosive most of the board wants him cut, yesterday, despite us having no issue with cap space

A huge number of fans play fantasy and I think all of them realize how wildly explosive cj is and blame (or thank if they didnt own spiller) chan for giving him so few touches

Here's a controversial one: brad smith. Poorly utilized but highly explosive most of the board wants him cut, yesterday, despite us having no issue with cap space

Good nominee.

I maintain that he makes the team and has a strong season.

As a full-time wide receiver.

Great choice. His FG % with us really is exceptional. I think part of what hurts his perception is, he was acquired under Donahoe and people hold that against him.

<50 yds 91% (since 2007), amazingly accurate

50+ 5-13/38% (since 2007)

When you guys talk about Stevie and 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, I hope we remember that:

1000 yards is only 63 per game. Being on the field for every offensive snap, 66 yards is not much to brag about.

As far as the OP's question, I cant choose anybody on the defense, because it depends on how they fit into the new system. Offense is offense, so I will choose Robert Woods.

He's a rookie, I know. And rookie WRs find it hard to contribute. But as a 2nd round pick, I think he will surpass his draft status and shock people. Especially across from mr. "1000 yard season."

Nah. This point is valid if Stevie does it 1 season, and could even be stretched to cover 2 seasons....but not 3.

No. 3 seasons in a row is simply: consistency. That is an undeniable trend. Or, put it this way: what are you going to be saying if he does it again this year? That it's due to Robert Woods? :lol:

This feeds into the other point: If Robert Woods does anything, Stevie Johnson will be a dependent variable in it. You take Stevie away, and what is the likelihood that Woods does as well?

Consider the converse: take Woods away and what will Stevie do? Well, we already have 3 years of data that gives us that answer.

If anything, the counter intuitive may happen: Either having the help on offense means Stevie is no longer the only option, he plays better than he ever has, but he only gets 800 yards, or, the added help takes attention away from him, he actually plays worse than the last 3 years, but ends up with 1200+.

Imagine the fun that either of those 2 scenarios will cause on the board. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Just a reminder he played injured the last two seasons groin injury which i could see affected his style of play. The boy has heart and will have abig year i will bet.

Fred is now underated , bryan scott stays under the radar.

Actually The Buffalo Bills are underated and are about to turn some heads the next couple seasons

Go Bills