T Jax released

Are you another one throwing out Graham's career before it even starts? And come on, nobody can predict injuries -- Easley is snakebitten and nobody knows what could have been.

I know I won't convince you of anything in this regard -- you are entrenched when it comes to Nix. I get that. I just disagree.

In 3 years, that's been Buddy's contribution to the WR corps. Easley was cleared to play over a year ago. Last season, on a team starving for depth at WR, he could not get on the field. He was a one year wonder at a basketball school.

I hardly "dispise" Nix. I think he's a great guy. He's just not a good GM and I don't understand the need to prop him up by pretending he is one. What's the point?

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 3 years, that's been Buddy's contribution to the WR corps. Easley was cleared to play over a year ago. Last season, on a team starving for depth at WR, he could not get on the field. He was a one year wonder at a basketball school.

I hardly "dispise" Nix. I think he's a great guy. He's just not a good GM and I don't understand the need to prop him up by pretending he is one. What's the point?

I know you don't want to hear this, but Buddy's contribution to the WR corps includes Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin, as well as Da'Rick Rogers.

Anyway, enough of this. We both have our opinions. I'd much rather criticize Buddy for not drafting a QB until this year, and for trusting Gailey to know how to run a defense.

I know you don't want to hear this, but Buddy's contribution to the WR corps includes Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin, as well as Da'Rick Rogers.

Anyway, enough of this. We both have our opinions. I'd much rather criticize Buddy for not drafting a QB until this year, and for trusting Gailey to know how to run a defense.

I addressed who gets the credit for those picks already.

I don't know, I guess the best way to understand that Buddy wasn't running the draft board is that he was replaced right after the draft. I'm pretty sure he would still be GM today if he were up to him. You don't replace a successful GM right after the draft.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I don't know, I guess the best way to understand that Buddy wasn't running the draft board is that he was replaced right after the draft. I'm pretty sure he would still be GM today if he were up to him. You don't replace a successful GM right after the draft.

It's pretty neat the way you just sneak in your spin on events to make it look like you didn't just pull that out of your ass.

I'd hardly call it a "fiasco." They re-signed him, didn't care for what they saw, and cut him.

I agree, for the Buddy-led Bills, this behavior was par for the course. Hopefully now that he's no longer in charge, things will approach cogency.

A real fiasco is not having a QB. T-Jax was an insurance policy. Nothing more.

PTR

I like having insurance. You never want to use it, but when you need it you're glad you have it.

I'm not convinced Whaley was running this past draft.

The clue that Buddy wasn't just a figurehead at the end is this: When Whaley was promoted, he immediately made some changes to the personnel department. Obviously, Whaley wanted to make those changes before but didn't have the power to do so because Buddy was still running the show.

Edited by hondo in seattle

You've chosen to specifically ignore the statements made by absolutely everyone involved in the front office of the Bills in making these assertions.

If you believe Russ Brandon has that strong of a hold on things he could script everyone to say exactly the same thing (i.e., lie), you have more confidence in his abilities than I do.

Lol Bills

I like how Seattle added insult to injury by just signing Jackson again.

How? Jackson is not that good a QB. Where's the injury the insult is being added to?

Edited by nucci

I like having insurance. You never want to use it, but when you need it you're glad you have it.

I'm not convinced Whaley was running this past draft.

The clue that Buddy wasn't just a figurehead at the end is this: When Whaley was promoted, he immediately made some changes to the personnel department. Obviously, Whaley wanted to make those changes before but didn't have the power to do so because Buddy was still running the show.

Perhaps, but the main reason why changes like Whaley's aren't made is it's beneficial to wait until AFTER the draft before doing so. It's a solid year of work for everyone involved right up until the last UDFA is signed. Take it for what it's worth, but this draft had Whaley's imprint all over it.

GO BILLS!!!

Perhaps, but the main reason why changes like Whaley's aren't made is it's beneficial to wait until AFTER the draft before doing so. It's a solid year of work for everyone involved right up until the last UDFA is signed. Take it for what it's worth, but this draft had Whaley's imprint all over it.

GO BILLS!!!

Only the good draft picks were Whaley's. The bad ones were Nix's or possibly due to Brandon's meddling.

Kolb signed a cut friendly contract so T Jackson got a shot even if not a great one, of making roster. He had no shot if he was not signed so I disagree with AP Sports Writer John Wawrow on this matter. What Jackson needed to show he would be the best 2nd QB the Bills have but IMO without defenses truly targeting QB Jackson could not show his potential. Kolb issue is he does not appear to be able to handle contact well and there is next to none in camp.

i wrote "barely got a shot" and you say "not a great one." in truth, there were questions about Tarvaris' future all along in Buffalo.

the Bills targeted him in February because they weren't sure as to who was going to be available in free agency, and whether they'd be able to land him. they were clearly looking for an upgrade over Jackson from the beginning. Fitzpatrick could've been that player, but he balked on restructuring his deal.

that left the Bills going after Kolb, making him fully aware that they were going to draft a quarterback in the first round.

once the Kolb deal was done, all that was left was waiting to draft EJ.

Jackson was a longshot to win the backup job, and he had to fully out-perform Kolb in voluntary minicamps. it became clear very early that wasn't going to happen. in the practices opens to media not employed by the Bills, Jackson never came close to matching Kolb's grasp fo the offense and rapport with the receivers.

sure, he got his shot if you want to split nits. but once the Bills went after Kolb and signed him, the writing was essentially on the wall from my perspective. it was a matter of when not if.

jw