Best Player on 2013 Buffalo Bills Roster

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offense = Spiller. Best player at his respective position on the entire team.

Defense = Mario Williams, with a caveat. The man can play his position as a DE with his hand on the ground; one of the best in the league. But while he impressed in his short stint as an OLB in Wade Phillips' 34 in Houston, I'll need to see how he does in Pettine's scheme before commenting further. I just get the feeling he'll either be a total beast or a dud as an OLB in this system.

GO BILLS!!!

Offense = Spiller. Best player at his respective position on the entire team.

Defense = Mario Williams, with a caveat. The man can play his position as a DE with his hand on the ground; one of the best in the league. But while he impressed in his short stint as an OLB in Wade Phillips' 34 in Houston, I'll need to see how he does in Pettine's scheme before commenting further. I just get the feeling he'll either be a total beast or a dud as an OLB in this system.

GO BILLS!!!

The reality is Mario wil be considered a dud unless he is a beast. Good doesn't cut it when you're making 18 million dollars a year.

The reality is Mario wil be considered a dud unless he is a beast. Good doesn't cut it when you're making 18 million dollars a year.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but money has nothing to do with it. At least to those who make the distinction. And although his contract averages averages 16m, the reality is he won't see all of the 96m he signed for. Here's a good breakdown:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mario-williams/

GO BILLS!!!

And by "Best Player" I mean like, the person that everyone doesn't want to play against.

Since you put it that way I am hoping it's Bradham or Kiko. Want to see a LB corp that punishes opponent.

Obviously the flip side is a Spiller that makes just about every defender look stupid at one point or another.

Still.... I dream of some brusing linebacker play in buffalo...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

CJ and SJ are the best players on offense.

Mario, Byrd, and Gilmore are the best players on defense.

I think Mario will have a nice comeback this year. It'll be interesting to see if the "improved" WR corps helps Yeevie stat-wise (by drawing away double coverage), or if the added threats take away some of his targets.

I expect Byrd and Gilmore to shine in an attacking defense. Gilmore especially. I think he'll be regarded as one of the top corners in the league if the Bills are even sniffing at the postseason.

There is only one correct answer on offense, and that is Spiller. No disrespect to SJ, but Spiller is the guy that gives opposing DC's nightmares. Add in the fact that he will be used even better this year and that spells disaster for defenses. I will add that this offense has the potential with all the speed on it to give DC's nightmares, but individually Spiller is the most explosive and talented player on this offense, and maybe the whole team at this current time.

On D, it's not so easy. I believe, like most, it's Mario Williams. I think Pettine turns this guy into a force the wreaks havoc week in and week out, especially with all the other talent and new pieces.

I can see a case being made for Byrd too, I only went with Mario because I think he will impact more plays as he will be used to bring a lot of pressure. Gilmore is another guy, but he still has to show he's gotten better as he had a good rookie year for a DB, but not the type to be a guy keeping OCs up at night just yet. I think the sky's the limit for him though.

Sleeper: Kiko. I am very high on this kid and have been since draft night. Loved him in college, love his style of play, love what he brings to the table, and I think he will be a star in this D and under Pettine and maybe even as a rookie. I strongly believe this kid will turns some heads and is a strong candidate for DROY.

Money isn't relative and not even part of the question. This isn't about who's valuable relative to their contract. That said, Spiller on offense. He's such a dynamic runner and a threat to go house on every touch. On defense, I'll go against conventional wisdom and say Gilmore. He asked and was allowed to guard the #1 receiver on every play last year and did an excellent job. He's only going to continue to get better with experience. I think Mario can be that guy, but took plays off last year. Dareus is in the discussion if he can get his head straight.

Spiller overtakes the rest of the offense at full gallop. No offense Stevie . I am expecting some big plays from him this season because of the surrounding cast. And any one of our Qbs. All who look better than Fitz in their throwing motion .

Spiller can line up anywhere and ruin the defense at a moments notice. This year we have more and significant threats ( i like to think ) which should open the game for Fred and CJ.

Defense ? I suspect Stephon will take long strides towards being shutdown corner. He was a poster boy for constant improvement . But he will be a shut down , so very few plays will come his way as he gets smarter with recognition. Mario should have a great year under Pettine and offenses will need to know where he is always but i think the linebackers and safeties will be the biggest concern for opposing players and coaches. It's the aggresive play i expect will concern them most.

But i must pick one and it's Nigel. With so many weapons on D and a real coach he is going to make some highlight reels like in college for smackdowns . Kiko will be a player maker but Bradham will put fear into players.

Recall last years end when he was starting to get it and play naturally , starting to have fun . He played much much faster to the ball ..

Spiller owns the title.

But isnt nice to have to really think awhile about who will kick the most arse ! :flirt:

Spiller - he terrifies defenses, last year teams were thanking their lucky stars (or just Chan) that he didn't get more touches.

Could also be Kyle Williams, when he's fully healthy he must scare the crap out of interior linemen.

CJ Spiller is the only guy (I assume) on the roster where coaches and players on the opposing team say oh ****, we have to plan for Spiller. Others such as Mario, Kyle Williams, Stevie, Jairus Byrd and Fred Jackson a couple years back have or have had that potential.