Drinking-the-Kool-Ade Question

It happens nearly every year that a team will go from last to first in their division. This is mostly a matter of luck and hidden talent, that, under new circumstances, reveals itself and reaches a critical mass. Since this is a matter of historical record, there is no reason that we as Bills fans would not be entitled to try to look for evidence that this year it could be our team.

The realists (pessimists) think that since it hasn't happened in the last 13 seasons that it can't happen this year. Any true realist (optimist) would see that this happens with regular occurrence in the NFL and say "Why not the Bills this year?"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The realists (pessimists) think that since it hasn't happened in the last 13 seasons that it can't happen this year. Any true realist (optimist) would see that this happens with regular occurrence in the NFL and say "Why not the Bills this year?"

Your definitions are flawed in my opinion.

An optimist says it will happen.

A pessimist says it won't happen.

A realist says it may happen.

The last 13 years have turned many realists into pessimists.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I am not drinking anything this year. rookie HC equals two losses. New offense equals three losses. New defense equals three losses. each rookie starter equals a loss (estimate by old skins HC George Allen). We will be lucky to win 6.

This logic is from another era when college players were coming out very woefully unprepared for the NFL, offense and defenses played differently, players were much slower, smaller and weaker, and before free agency and salary caps factored in as they do today.

He dispised and disposed of younger players. Now that approach would be expensive and disastrous.

I suppose he would have also felt no rookie can ever obtain all pro status in year one.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Kool-Aid? Over signing Legursky?

This reeks of a Russ Brandon move i.e. how can I appease the Polish season ticket holder fan-base. Unbelievable.

Legursky, while clearly a slavic surname, is not Polish. Believe it.

First, there are 16 games in a season.

Second, there are 3 post season games they will win.

So that makes it 19-0. That is all.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Last year they won six with no head coach (Chan was really just the OC). A defense from 1989. A back up QB, one WR and no LBs. I can't imagine that these coaches and players could be that bad.

George Allen's playoff record is 2-7.

FYI...Allen hired Marv Levy as the NFL's first ST coach.

I get that some want to get amped up over anything and everything relative to their favorite team. But as Code Money pointed out above, realism has led to rampant pessimism, particularly since Donahoe's departure. And who can blame people for taking that attitude considering the results?

I am not drinking anything this year. rookie HC equals two losses. New offense equals three losses. New defense equals three losses. each rookie starter equals a loss (estimate by old skins HC George Allen). We will be lucky to win 6.

Do any of these effects occur concurrently?

GO BILLS!!!

Legursky, while clearly a slavic surname, is not Polish. Believe it.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Dammit, he's more shrewd than I gave him credit for. He's appeasing the entire Slavic population of WNY. Freaking genius.

FYI...Allen hired Marv Levy as the NFL's first ST coach.

I get that some want to get amped up over anything and everything relative to their favorite team. But as Code Money pointed out above, realism has led to rampant pessimism, particularly since Donahoe's departure. And who can blame people for taking that attitude considering the results?

And Jim Lee Howell hired Vince Lombardi as offensive backfield coach.

That Trent Edwards had balls

And that gauntlet cuff he had on his glove was bad ass.

Kool-Aid? Over signing Legursky?

This reeks of a Russ Brandon move i.e. how can I appease the Polish season ticket holder fan-base. Unbelievable.

The Senator's protestations aside, as long as the good people of Cheektowaga believe that Legursky is Polish, that's all that matters.

As for the OP's question, I was some combination of drunk and hyperglycemic (Cuervo and Kool-Aid baby!) last July when I predicted a 15-1 regular season.

Of course that was before the preseason revealed that the Bills just weren't very good.

And that gauntlet cuff he had on his glove was bad ass.

The Senator's protestations aside, as long as the good people of Cheektowaga believe that Legursky is Polish, that's all that matters.

As for the OP's question, I was some combination of drunk and hyperglycemic (Cuervo and Kool-Aid baby!) last July when I predicted a 15-1 regular season.

Of course that was before the preseason revealed that the Bills just weren't very good.

You had me at Cheektowaga.

STOP WITH ALL THESE SILLY FACTS! THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR FOX NEWS SO THEY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

Hey, if you are gonna throw fox news under the bus you might as well include about every other news outlet as well. Cheap shot, we are not all flaming libs.

If the Bills made me as miserable as some posters here are, I wouldn't put myself through it. 1) You have to love the Bills. 2) You have to let disappointment roll off your back.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I am happy to say I never drink the Kool Aid.

The media can play their game to the cows come home but to move forward the Bills need to challenge and pass New England.

I always drink the Kool-Aid but it has nothing to do with the media.

I buy the packets and mix it up myself.