Kevin Kolb fan club- count me in

major

Me too but just to be a stick in the mud I'm going with the Jeff Tuel fanclub (and he does have skills so who knows)

Still sour grapes that they couldn't pull off that deal for Skelton???

From what I have seen I like the Kolb signing. He seems like veteran that can play in a pinch or until Manuel is ready. It's pretty obvious that he doesn't have the most upside of the group but he may be the safest. I still think that Manuel starts week 1 but if they don't think that he is ready it will be a 4-6 weeks of Kolb.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the kolb corner this season. I feel he has the tools to help us become a winning franchise. Nothing against EJ or t jax, i just feel kolb has the most upside. I really like all 3 of our potential qb's but if I have to pick a starter, I've got to go with kolb. Now all he has to do is stay healthy.

Kolb hasn't thrown a pass as a Bill under fire and you are ready to drink his bathwater?

There is plenty of way Kolb doesn't start week 1.

starting with his contract......which is incentive laden......probably based on playing time.

something tells me, he won't reach those.

3/30/2013: Signed a two-year, $6.1 million contract. The deal contains $1 million guaranteed. Another $6.9 million is available through incentives and escalators.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4151/kevin-kolb

In today's NFL you simply do not draft a QB in the middle of the 1st round and not start him within the first handful of games if not immediately. Especially with all of the new rules favoring the passing game to make it easier to throw the ball.

Edited by TaskersGhost

In today's NFL you simply do not draft a QB in the middle of the 1st round and not start him within the first handful of games if not immediately. Especially with all of the new rules favoring the passing game to make it easier to throw the ball.

Just because he was drafted in the first round of a very weak QB class doesn't mean he is going to be good.. I think some of us pin too high of hope on him, If Kolb gets the starting nod, and plays well he should remain the starter until Manual is ( if ever ) fully ready.. I hope Manual does become a pro bowler, but I also hope he sits / learns / and works on his knowledge and technique before we put him in just because he was drafted in the first round and thats the way its "supposed" to be.. I'll root for which ever QB is in the game and hope they win...

I can see it happening but I'd much rather hope that EJ tears it up at camp and there's no way Marrone can justify not starting him for week 1 against the Pats.

If Kolb isn't the weakest link in the offense, why rush Manuel? Was Aaron Rogers rushed into the Packer's lineup? I guess the question is, is Kolb equivalent to an aging Favre?

Has anyone actually seen Kolb play - He is about as anti-clutch as they come and he gets sacked all the time. Fitz was anti-clutch granted, but at least he didn't get sacked all the time.

You may not be accounting for the fact that the Cardinal's O-line was a sieve. Kolb played better in Philly behind a competent O-line.

If Kolb isn't the weakest link in the offense, why rush Manuel? Was Aaron Rogers rushed into the Packer's lineup? I guess the question is, is Kolb equivalent to an aging Favre?

Packers still had Favre and drafted Rodgers at the end of the 1st specifically to groom him over time. He's the exception, not the rule. In a different thread I laid out the statistics that since 2008 (last five drafts prior to this one) a significant majority of QBs drafted in the 1st round started in Week 1 of their rookie seasons. I fully expect Manuel to push for and win the starting job in camp, and if it's close, there's no reason not to start him.

I think that people really need to temper their expectations with EJ Manuel......

I TOTALLY believe that EJ is gonna be a stud.....just so much talent there.......but if he starts week 1 you can just expect rookie mistakes.....the key to me has ALWAYS been can Pettine get the defense up to speed fast enough to cover up EJ's growing pains (of which I would lay money their will be)

or

Then you have Kevin Kolb....who HAS BEEN a productive QB WHEN HEALTHY.......so you have this caretaker of the offense available so that you can groom EJ and not throw him to the wolves?

The beauty of it all? Kolb is a starter when healthy....but cant stay healthy......so when he gets nicked up he gives way to EJ Manuel an the team never looks back.

EJ has the respect of the team because he wasn't given anything....we have Kolb as a quality backup guy......a pretty good QB situation.

I think that people really need to temper their expectations with EJ Manuel......

I TOTALLY believe that EJ is gonna be a stud.....just so much talent there.......but if he starts week 1 you can just expect rookie mistakes.....the key to me has ALWAYS been can Pettine get the defense up to speed fast enough to cover up EJ's growing pains (of which I would lay money their will be)

or

Then you have Kevin Kolb....who HAS BEEN a productive QB WHEN HEALTHY.......so you have this caretaker of the offense available so that you can groom EJ and not throw him to the wolves?

The beauty of it all? Kolb is a starter when healthy....but cant stay healthy......so when he gets nicked up he gives way to EJ Manuel an the team never looks back.

EJ has the respect of the team because he wasn't given anything....we have Kolb as a quality backup guy......a pretty good QB situation.

In the recent past too many rookies have started and looked fine for us to presume Manuel won't or can't be ready; he's got to be more seasoned than somebody like Tannehill, right? The Bills appear to have some smart coaches who would try to put him in the best position to succeed. I simply don't see the benefit of Kolb "winning" the job -- it would mean Manuel is struggling picking up the offense.

Agreed. I think Manuel will be the starter opening day. The Bills management will make him "earn it" by giving the other QBs first team reps, etc.. But EJ will have to be sucky in preseason to not get the ball for game #1.

I heard Mike Florio on a radio show yesterday and his opinion is the same. He thinks EJ will be the starter no matter how the Bills spin it in training camp.