Why are Lawson and Branch missing?

Manny has an excuse, Branch does not. Really, what is the point in not coming to OTA's? You get to hang out with your new teammates, learn the scheme, etc. Don't' give me this "I work out on my own BS." That's fine if your a vet whose been on the team w/ the same coaching staff for a while, not when switching teams and coaches.

That is exactly my point.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly my point.

maybe i am being selfish as i thought that the former Seahawk was great pickup for our current needs. Could play over the center on the shoulder of center and play the end position. I think he is an important piece of the puzzle for Bills defense. Especially with Troup being the unknown. But glad to see Troup is working the OTAs !

Manny has an excuse, Branch does not. Really, what is the point in not coming to OTA's? You get to hang out with your new teammates, learn the scheme, etc. Don't' give me this "I work out on my own BS." That's fine if your a vet whose been on the team w/ the same coaching staff for a while, not when switching teams and coaches.

Because branch didnt call and tell you, he doesn't have an excuse?

You have no idea why Branch is missing OTAs. He may be missing them because he doesn't feel obliged too, in which case fans should be upset. He may also be missing OTAs because of an undisclosed injury, family reasons, or other personal reasons.

Edit: I found a link with an explanation as to why both players have been out:

Besides safety Jairus Byrd, who is unsigned, two other veterans have not yet appeared at the voluntary organized team activity workouts. They are defensive tackle Alan Branch and linebacker Manny Lawson, both unrestricted free-agent acquisitions.

“They have things going on personally, and good situations for them, where they have to be supportive of their families,” coach Doug Marrone said this week. “Again it is a situation where these workouts are voluntary.”

Source: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130521/SPORTS/130529830/1003

Edited by ny33

my point is that it's nice, and seemingly loving, that he wants to be with his newborn baby. perhaps you don't like your family.

the REAL WORLD is this: we live, and we die. perhaps on his death bed, he'll be glad that he got to spend some extensive time with his newborn child. you are clearly jealous that you don't get more time off, so take it out on the rest of the world, since they don't inhabit THE REAL WORLD, i.e., YOUR WORLD...

Yeah, nobody else in this world has to work for 6 weeks after they have a baby. Oh wait....

No Lawson didn't, his woman did. He should be here

this might be the worst post i've ever read at TBD... beat your chest proud, you strong gorilla.... men should not want to spend time with babies!!! they should work voluntary overtime instead!!!

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

We really need someone to start a photoshop meme of Branch and Lawson on a rollercoaster, Branch and Lawson whitewater rafting, Branch and Lawson at the Eiffel Tower, Branch and Lawson drinking from coconuts on the beach, etc.

Best answer yet.

Do not liek new guys on team, supposed veteran leaders that are ODM ers ,( only do minuimum), cut them quick if they are behind in camp to send a statement.

Post of the Year.

Yeah, nobody else in this world has to work for 6 weeks after they have a baby. Oh wait....

If your job allowed you to take 6 weeks off to be with a child after they were born wouldn't you take it? Its OTA's Lawson has played in a 3-4 for a long time now I am sure he will be quick to pick up the system. Yes a lot of people don't get to take much time off after having a kid but that doesn't mean they don't want to and that if they weren't afforded the luxury that they wouldn't. People have to stop comparing professional athletes who are at the top of their profession to ordinary people.

I hope Branch has a legit excuse or at least some reason. Simply not showing up would be a little concerning since he has been playing in a 4-3 for a long time.

Edited by billsfan89

this might be the worst post i've ever read at TBD... beat your chest proud, you strong gorilla.... men should not want to spend time with babies!!! they should work voluntary overtime instead!!!

And this is the worst bit of logic at TBD. Sure have NO expectations of anyone and then you will be the first crying in December when they are out of the playoffs again for some 12 13 14 years. Geezus your wife ever have a kid? Did you have to go back to work? Yeah thought so

And this is the worst bit of logic at TBD. Sure have NO expectations of anyone and then you will be the first crying in December when they are out of the playoffs again for some 12 13 14 years. Geezus your wife ever have a kid? Did you have to go back to work? Yeah thought so

So it's the word "voluntary" that you're struggling with right? It has to be. Nobody is under any contractual obligation to be there. If Lawson wants to spend this time with his newborn, good for him. He'll be here for mandatory minicamp, training camp, preseason, etc. He'll have plenty of time to catch up, and I'm sure these guys who haven't been here have been at least in the playbook. Stop comparing this to the real world.