Is Jim Kelly ill ?? (update - has cancer)

Jimbo's celebrity golf weekend begins this saturday. I wont be attending this year, but my brother will. He is also golfing with Andre, Ruben, and John randle this Sat so i will find out if he hears anything.

Jim does still drink btw. All the best to Jim. I wish him well in whatever his wife was referring to in that statement.

Go Bills!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaw infection, recovering from surgery, I doubt its something like cancer because I have a feeling we would have heard about it by now. It could be totally unrelated to health: marital problems, money problems, etc. Anyway, prayers for the guy. Wish him the best in whatever is going on.

Fwiw, a buddy of mine saw him at the Preakness Stakes this month. Said he was drinking on the bus ride over but not anywhere near to excess (apparently a former slot receiver for the Pats/Fins was pretty wasted, but that's another story). Anyways, just wanted to pass it along - hope Jimbo's doing ok.

My girlfriend was at a concert at Darien Lake this past weekend (Tim Mcgraw I think) and she said Jim was there throwing footballs to the crowd...

I posted the pic on page one.

Jim Kelly cannot be overstated: he is Buffalo's greatest player, but his post-football life has shone brighter, by any significant measure, than his Hall of Fame athletic career.

To top it all off, like many of us slugs he married way above himself! Then he and his bride turned their own tragedy into something redemptive -- something that has lifted other people.

I am cynical about so many things, but I am thankful for the player Jim Kelly was, and the man he became.

Get well, Jim.

Whatever it is, we shouldn't speculate. Whatever it is, we should hope for his speedy recovery.

Not many players have done more for buffalo post- career than Jimbo. Not only that, he was an awesome QB. So enough of the pessimistic speculation about drinking, etc. Good thoughts, please!

I agree this sounds ominous. I hope this isn't malignant.

I was thinking the same thing. Whatever it is it sounds more internal that just a recovery of some sort. What is scary is I can't think of anyone who represented the Bills on or off the field more than Jim Kelly. Here is to his health and may any of his issues, whatever they may be, be resolved in the most positive way.

As for the "comedians" on this board who think that they are funny, you should be ashamed of yourselves as human beings, making insensitive cracks about him. I have to wonder why anyone would do that. If you're a Bills' fan then why would you joked about Jim Kelly's health??! And if you're not a Bills' fan then why would you come on a Bills' message board and take callous shots at one of our best representatives??!

Mods, I'm all for Freedom of Speech but c'mon, this is a Bills' forum, can't one of you monitor this kind of trash??! For all of the Bills' fans who love this franchise/organization, we shouldn't be subjected to this kind of bs, dumping on one of the greatest Bills' icons of all time. It's actually harassment when you come to think about it.

I'm fearing her post means the opposite but obviously hoping for the best.

I won't lie.... "It's bad but we don't want to talk til we know how bad" was my gut interpretation. Won't be long til the media pushes this though, and we will likely get an answer quick. Hopefully were all just being paranoid.

If it was the well known surgeries - there's no reason to not mention it

Well it is something pretty serious if his wife is asking for prayers.....let's all pray for the guy.

Jill is simply one amazing women for what she has gone through in her life.

Jim Kelly cannot be overstated: he is Buffalo's greatest player, but his post-football life has shone brighter, by any significant measure, than his Hall of Fame athletic career.

To top it all off, like many of us slugs he married way above himself! Then he and his bride turned their own tragedy into something redemptive -- something that has lifted other people.

I am cynical about so many things, but I am thankful for the player Jim Kelly was, and the man he became.

Get well, Jim.

Exactly, no one has done more for this team and community than Jim. If there is some serious issue he has my support and respect. If there is NO issue he has my admiration and respect.