Chuck Norris personally selects NFL team for quarterback Tim Tebow

Chuck Norris was born on May 7th, 1945. Germany surrendered unconditionally on May 8th, 1945.

Coincidence? I don't think so..

Actually, he was born on March 10, 1940. Right after the Soviets finally beat the Finns and right before the Nazis blitzkrieged through Northwest Europe.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody wants to deal with the circus that he and his holier than thou, cultist followers bring. Plus there's the whole thing about him being a horrible NFL quarterback. I don't blame Jackdonville one bit for not wanting any part of him.

ok so his qb play isnt worth arguing I am willing to give you that sort of. But this I will ask you and anyone that makes the statement you made

about his caracter. So many people judge his caracter with no evidence to back it up. Holier than thou...Where do you come up with this? Because he

stands up for the right of the unborn? Cultic followers? What is that all about? Im not a big fan of tolerating peoples lifestyles due to political correctness

but you are the reason people take this too far. The only circus here is your absolute inability to judge ones caracter.

Yes. It's very bizarre to hear that single voice in the wilderness.

Well, it's hard to play quarterback when you can't throw the ball well and doubly hard if you can't remember the play calls or read defenses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets--release-of-tim-tebow-could-be-blessing-in-disguise-of-qb-is-willing-to-take-stock-145252244.html

A week later, the Broncos played against the New England Patriots, a team that was almost comically bad on defense at the time. Instead, the Patriots made Tebow look like he needed to go back to Nease High in Jacksonville for remedial work.

The Patriots played the simplest two-deep zone that you could imagine, refusing to blitz him until he broke the pocket. The result was a 9-of-26, 136-yard passing performance along with only 13 yards rushing on five carries.

This was the kind of game where even an average NFL quarterback would have thrown for 300 yards, as one AFC coach said a month later. Granted, that quarterback still would have lost to the Patriots and Tom Brady, but that's not the point. This was yet another illustration that Tebow isn't ready to play conventional NFL football and he's not quick enough to play read-option all the time.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer…. Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

I can play that "my experts bigger than your expert" game too. Heres one just a few weeks ago from Mike Ditka in support of Tebow....

“I think [Tebow] can play quarterback in the NFL, but whatever offense you run might have to be tweaked a bit. This kid is a talent and he proved it in college. He is an outstanding leader. Now, does he have an unusual throwing motion? Yes. But there a lot of quarterbacks that didn’t have a perfect throwing motion. Some of them turned out to be great quarterbacks because they were great leaders."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mike-ditka-believes-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback-easy-141553187.html

But the bottom line at the end of the day isn't about "opinions". Its about winning, something Tebow has done at every level.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

ok so his qb play isnt worth arguing I am willing to give you that sort of. But this I will ask you and anyone that makes the statement you made

about his caracter. So many people judge his caracter with no evidence to back it up. Holier than thou...Where do you come up with this? Because he

stands up for the right of the unborn? Cultic followers? What is that all about? Im not a big fan of tolerating peoples lifestyles due to political correctness

but you are the reason people take this too far. The only circus here is your absolute inability to judge ones caracter.

You just proved my point exactly. Anyone who dares to question Saint Tebow is automatically a bad guy and a heathen to boot. Look at what you just wrote. He isn't out of the league because he's a Christian or against abortion. He sucks. Plain and simple. But because he says Jesus in interviews constantly, kneels on the field, is apparently a decent guy, and had success in college, he's above reproach to his insane fan base.

Tebow shouldn't have even gotten those starts in Denver. He was 3rd on the depth chart because he was so bad in practice. But his loony bin fans put up billboards, chanted his name, and called for Orton's head and Fox caved.

And everybody should stop with the "he didn't ask for the attention" line. It's crap. There's a Tebow book, and a Tebow documentary, and sports center went all Tebow all the time. Don't forget his super bowl commercial. He eats that up.

No matter who would sign him, the first incomplete pass by the starting QB and the Tebow honks will start chanting for Timmah all over again.

Edited by biglukes

But the bottom line at the end of the day isn't about "opinions". Its about winning, something Tebow has done at every level.

No.

The bottom line is that there are 32 NFL teams and not a single one of them has any interest in signing the free agent QB.

The bottom line is that the CFL team which holds his rights say that he's welcome to come in and compete for the 2nd string job.

The bottom line is that only one Arena League team has any interest in him, and that's because the team knows that he would be a box office draw.

That's the bottom line.

Chuck Norris would be most displeased by comments from some posters here.

I say "would" because no one -- living -- has ever seen Chuck Norris displeased.

If there are two things from 2000's pop culture I really loathe and don't get at all, it's the love for Tim Tebow and Chuck Norris jokes. This may not be the thread for me.

No.

The bottom line is that there are 32 NFL teams and not a single one of them has any interest in signing the free agent QB.

The bottom line is that the CFL team which holds his rights say that he's welcome to come in and compete for the 2nd string job.

The bottom line is that only one Arena League team has any interest in him, and that's because the team knows that he would be a box office draw.

That's the bottom line.

Uh yeah, we know he's not currently on an NFL roster. The point of the article and this discussion is whether he should be. If you're just here to "inform" people of stuff they already know, why bother ?

I can play that "my experts bigger than your expert" game too. Heres one just a few weeks ago from Mike Ditka in support of Tebow....

"I think [Tebow] can play quarterback in the NFL, but whatever offense you run might have to be tweaked a bit. This kid is a talent and he proved it in college. He is an outstanding leader. Now, does he have an unusual throwing motion? Yes. But there a lot of quarterbacks that didn't have a perfect throwing motion. Some of them turned out to be great quarterbacks because they were great leaders."

http://sports.yahoo....-141553187.html

You're bringing up Mike Ditka as a football "expert"? :lol: :lol: :lol: He's the same stammering idiot who traded his entire draft plus 1st and 3rd round picks in the next draft for Ricky Williams. Completely ruined the Saints for quite a number of years. Yeah, he's a real FN expert just like Meathead Matt Millen is. :lol:

I really got a good chuckle when you compared Kurt Warner and Tebow in the same post. What a stretch!! Tebow plainly sucks as an NFL QB prospect and that's why he'll remain without a team as long as he insists on only playing QB in the NFL.

You just proved my point exactly. Anyone who dares to question Saint Tebow is automatically a bad guy and a heathen to boot. Look at what you just wrote. He isn't out of the league because he's a Christian or against abortion. He sucks. Plain and simple. But because he says Jesus in interviews constantly, kneels on the field, is apparently a decent guy, and had success in college, he's above reproach to his insane fan base.

Tebow shouldn't have even gotten those starts in Denver. He was 3rd on the depth chart because he was so bad in practice. But his loony bin fans put up billboards, chanted his name, and called for Orton's head and Fox caved.

And everybody should stop with the "he didn't ask for the attention" line. It's crap. There's a Tebow book, and a Tebow documentary, and sports center went all Tebow all the time. Don't forget his super bowl commercial. He eats that up.

No matter who would sign him, the first incomplete pass by the starting QB and the Tebow honks will start chanting for Timmah all over again.

Can you answer the poster's question or not?

What is your reason for questioning his character? Do you have any evidence of anything he did that shows poor character? Or is it simply because of his religion?

Can you answer the poster's question or not?

What is your reason for questioning his character? Do you have any evidence of anything he did that shows poor character? Or is it simply because of his religion?

I wasn't talking about Tebow's character, his attention whorieness aside. When I said holier than thou I was talking about his "fans" who take it as a call to arms every time someone dare question Tebow. But since you brought it up, I don't give a crap what his religion is. I'm just sick of hearing about it as if he's the only religious person or good guy in the NFL. The Tebow zealots think that's enough for him to deserve a job in the NFL.

Actually, he was born on March 10, 1940. Right after the Soviets finally beat the Finns and right before the Nazis blitzkrieged through Northwest Europe.

I'll take your word for it, Dave. mine was just a joke I read someplace..

LOL! Good one!

Chuck Norris wears Tim Tebow pj's

So does Joe_the_6_pack apparently....

TEBOW SUCKS. Any debate that begins about his relevance as an NFL QB should immediately be ended with "he sucks". That is all.

Tebow sucks. Odds are good that he will continue to suck as a QB. Cool dude, but as an NFL qb, he never had it to begin with. The Bills defense had a field day against him. What else needs to be said?

Tebow is a weenie who is just a wishful thinking magnet for religious nuts..

He can hold a clip board with the best of them, but he'll NEVER be an NFL starter.

Just what we needed here on TSW...Another FN Tebow debate! :rolleyes: There's a reason why he's a street FA. Please let us move on to other subjects, Tebow is so 2011.

Not to quibble, but isn't a street FA an undrafted free agent out of the college / other non-NFL ranks? He's just an Unrestricted free agent because he has full rights to sign with anyone, but has an NFL track record already.

Not to quibble, but isn't a street FA an undrafted free agent out of the college / other non-NFL ranks? He's just an Unrestricted free agent because he has full rights to sign with anyone, but has an NFL track record already.

No! A college free agent is a UDFA or Undrafted Free Agent, a veteran player whose contract expires is either a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) or Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA), and a player that gets released from a team because it no longer wants him or because he's not good enough is commonly referred to as a "Street" Free Agent. He's on the "streets" beating the bushes for a job is the reference I imagine. Tebow, as I said, is a "Street" Free Agent.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Me, too. Chuck Norris once counted to infinity...twice.

That's impossible.

I gotta be honest, I don't get the Chuck Norris joke thing. So sometime around, what? 2005? People started making jokes saying that this admittedly-amusing-in-retrospect 80's action star is capable of incredible feats. Why? Where did it start? Let me try one: Chuck Norris doesn't have to even get his lawnmower out of the garage. He just looks at his lawn and it's mowed? When Chuck Norris goes to a pizza place he doen't even have to order, they know what kind of pizza he likes just by the look he gives? This is how stupid the Chuck Norris joke thing sounds to me. Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old man, but I don't get it. Nor do I get anyone thinking Tebow would be a successful CFL 2nd stringer.

No! A college free agent is a UDFA or Undrafted Free Agent, a veteran player whose contract expires is either a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) or Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA), and a player that gets released from a team because it no longer wants him or because he's not good enough is commonly referred to as a "Street" Free Agent. He's on the "streets" beating the bushes for a job is the reference I imagine. Tebow, as I said, is a "Street" Free Agent.

I had always figured it was like, "guy off the street" as opposed to "guy we drafted" - sort of like a walk-on as compared to a college recruit. We'll get to the bottom of this!

Fair enough, after doing some research, looks like you're right!

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

I had always figured it was like, "guy off the street" as opposed to "guy we drafted" - sort of like a walk-on as compared to a college recruit. We'll get to the bottom of this!

Fair enough, after doing some research, looks like you're right!

All good. We can all learn something from each other on TSW.

Players don't win games, teams do.

Tebow has only completed 47.9% of his NFL passes. That's scary low. His QB Rating is 75.3 and his QBR is 34.3. Those numbers don't scream "Franchise Quarterback."

Tebow's faith and celebrity aren't the fundamentals reason he's unemployed. It's a shortage of skill.

Players don't win games, teams do.

Tebow has only completed 47.9% of his NFL passes. That's scary low. His QB Rating is 75.3 and his QBR is 34.3. Those numbers don't scream "Franchise Quarterback."

Tebow's faith and celebrity aren't the fundamentals reason he's unemployed. It's a shortage of skill.

You'll have a hard time convincing a number of posters here on that one. I have read here that QBs can win games all by themselves and that they can magically make a ****ty offense and defense much better just by their presence.

You'll have a hard time convincing a number of posters here on that one. I have read here that QBs can win games all by themselves and that they can magically make a ****ty offense and defense much better just by their presence.

well done!!!

Post of the day IMO.

Tebow is a weenie who is just a wishful thinking magnet for religious nuts..

He can hold a clip board with the best of them, but he'll NEVER be an NFL starter.

And for anti-religious nuts looking for an excuse to bash the other side.