Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

god i love zoolander!

im with ya here. Absolutely love Zoolander.

Much like Anchorman, at first I didn't like it, but the more I watched it, the better it became. Now one of my favorites.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much like Anchorman, at first I didn't like it, but the more I watched it, the better it became. Now one of my favorites.

That's what everyone says, just have to watch it more. I've watched Zoolander 2 times and that's all I could handle.

Yes...belongs in my "top 10" series of all time. There are only something like 18 episodes, but it is very much worth checking out. Given what I know about you, I think you would really enjoy it too. Never really thought of it until you mentioned the Linda Cardalini link, but in a strange way, it has some of the same appeal as "Mad Men" in that is a "period piece" that doesn't get so lost in the period, that it loses the characters, or the story telling. Great show... many of the same people who would later be involved with "40 Year Old Virgin" were involved...as well as one of the guys behind another of my all-timers "The Larry Sanders" show. I will admit, I wasn't hip to this show when it was on, but when the DVD came out about 5 or 6 years ago, my sister gave it to me, and insisted I would love this show...she was right. For me, I would have been the same age as Linda Cardallinis' character, and there are just so many nuances from that time period that they get so right....

Thanks - I really have to get the DVD set. I was reading her or maybe it was the show's IMDB page and somebody had asked awhile ago if she had done something to piss Judd Apatow off - because Seth Rogan and all the other people on F&G had done a lot of work with him since, but not Linda C...........Seems like she was MIA until she popped up on Mad Men.

I really don't like super hero movies. I think they are tired out. I enjoyed the first Iron Man. Not that I hate any of the Batmans, Spiderman's etc just that they are all the same to me. Boring and I think that they may be semi homoerotic like one of the other posters mentioned here about Top Gun.

Also, I've posted a few times about Avatar. Hackneyed script with laughably cliched characters. Bad movie that was good technically I suppose if your into that kind of thing.

I think Scarface is stupid and cheesy.

I hate the Lord of the Rings stuff. Those hour long battle scenes are so boring it makes life not worth living.

Totally agree with both of these assessments!

i'll join the club but i would have to say i didn't even see the original back in the day...not my movie style...same with star trek...i'll pass...i've even passed on all of the super hero movies that have come out, again, not my cup of tea

I did see the first Star Wars when it was this surprise hit in 1977. I had no intention of seeing it, but my friend was going with his Dad and I had nothing else to do..............And, I surprisingly totally loved it.

Not enough to actually see the next two movies in the series, though.............And, then I did finally get around to watching Episode 1 - the fourth one that came out years later and hated it as much as I hate Star Trek stuff, Lord of the Rings stuff, super hero stuff, vampire stuff, zombie stuff. Basically 95% of what I see advertised today.

Give me real people doing real things during a real time in history.

Julia Roberts is not the least bit attractive and never was...Pretty Woman might be the most unwatchable garbage ever produced.

Idiocracy is one of my favorite comedies/documentaries.

Joe Dirt is awesome.

I will watch Roadhouse whenever it is on TV...and it is on almost every weekend!

Edited by chknwing334

Julia Roberts is not the least bit attractive and never was...Pretty Woman might be the most unwatchable garbage ever produced.

I agree. It's awful.

Idiocracy is one of my favorite comedies/documentaries.

Hey, alright!

Joe Dirt is awesome.

I like this movie too. Hey, we're really on the same page here.

I will watch Roadhouse whenever it is on TV...and it is on almost every weekend!

You lost me. :thumbdown:

:D

Totally agree with both of these assessments!

I did see the first Star Wars when it was this surprise hit in 1977. I had no intention of seeing it, but my friend was going with his Dad and I had nothing else to do..............And, I surprisingly totally loved it.

Not enough to actually see the next two movies in the series, though.............And, then I did finally get around to watching Episode 1 - the fourth one that came out years later and hated it as much as I hate Star Trek stuff, Lord of the Rings stuff, super hero stuff, vampire stuff, zombie stuff. Basically 95% of what I see advertised today.

Give me real people doing real things during a real time in history.

Aren't movies usually an escape from reality?

I will say that the Swedish versions of the Stieg Larsson Millennium Trilogy were very good. (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest).

Better than the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo if you ask me.

I was told the same thing about Anchorman - I have to watch it again. I don't have the time to watch movies I LIKE more than once. Why would I keep watching movies I don't like the first time?

I will say that the Swedish versions of the Stieg Larsson Millennium Trilogy were very good. (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest).

Better than the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo if you ask me.

Who is saying that the Swedish trilogy is not good?

I'll toss in another vote for Will Ferrell. I have no idea why anyone thinks he's funny or entertaining. . .

Will Ferrell=Woody Allen all the movies are the same

One movie I can think of that did not get much attention but can watch repeatedly:

Mystery Men (one of my all-time favorites with William H. Macy, Hank Azaria, Lena Olin, Ben Stiller, Geoffrey Rush, Greg Kinnear, Paul Reubens, Kel Mitchell, Tom Waits, Louise Lasser, Janeane Garafalo, Wes Studi, Artie Lange, & a bunch of others if you look carefully). - before some of them got too full of themselves.