Unpopular movie opinions

Talley56

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved her in Doubt and The Fighter.

Have you seen her in "The Master"? She is absolutely chilling in that movie.

After watching that you have to remember that this is the same woman who was in "The Muppets" & "Enchanted".

Amy Adams is extremely talented.

No, I haven't seen The Master yet. It seemed like critics and moviegoers either loved or hated that movie.

Which is how people feel about Paul Thomas Anderson movies.

"The Master" has so many bizarre moments that it is difficult to like. I love the acting. Joaquin Phoenix & Philip Seymour Hoffman are great.

Now I just saw that PSH went into detox for ten days from heroin...........I couldn't quite figure it out. He said he had been OK for 23 years and then started with painkillers last year and that seems to lead to heroin a lot these days.

He's got to one of the top five actors out there, and he's originally from Rochester.

If I recall, you're something of a young'n, and I think the Blues Brothers movie without the benefit of being there for the genesis of the Blues Brothers would make it a not funny movie.

That's fair since I've heard even the truest believers admit that it doesn't "hold up."

"We're on a mission from God."

That movie still holds up.

Not only does it hold up, but every other dumbass SNL character spinoff movie has never come close to the "Blues Brothers" except one: "Wayne's World," if only for the classic mix of "Bohemian Rhapsody' on a casette player in a GMC Pacer.

Not only does it hold up, but every other dumbass SNL character spinoff movie has never come close to the "Blues Brothers" except one: "Wayne's World," if only for the classic mix of "Bohemian Rhapsody' on a casette player in a GMC Pacer.

I always wished they had done a better job with "The Coneheads"

I think I got about 30 minutes in and turned it off. Great skit. Horrible movie.

Blues Brothers isnt really 'slapstick' funny laugh a minute type of deal. More peculiar, outrageous plot with good characters. Great music. When I come across it on the Guide, I watch it every time.

Still throw on "Briefcase Full of Blues" on my morning run from time to time. Awesome band. "B Movie Boxcar Blues" remains one of my favorites.

Biggest problem with "Coneheads" is that it came out in 1993, which was years and years after the last skit was done on SNL.

By that time, who even cared?