This most definately is not the same old bills

I have no problem drafting a guy who got drunk when he was 19 or 20 and passed out in a neighbor's house. That is usually corrected by age. DaRick seems like a pothead and that is just hanging around the wrong gang. He appeared to stop hanging with them so I have no problems with him. To me DaRick Rogers 'crime' is in the same class as Kiko Gonzo's, stupid and immature. These guys aren't carrying guns or beating up girlfriends. Heck the guys that carry guns and beat up women get better treatment than young drunks and potheads. I think we may have found a steal in Rogers. If he turns into a star, let's hope we don't let him walk in three years for a third round pick like Jason Peters.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I'm not feeling the 'change' that the Bills are trying to sell.

Russ is still Ralph's guy. He hired one of his Syracuse buddies with Marrone. The plan was always for Whaley to replace Nix, and he shoulders some of the blame for this team being awful. And most importantly, the team still looks bad.

Russ is still Ralph's guy. He hired one of his Syracuse buddies with Marrone. The plan was always for Whaley to replace Nix, and he shoulders some of the blame for this team being awful. And most importantly, the team still looks bad.

How does this team still look the same? Their are 3 changes that can happen in the NFL that would be considered the biggest changes you can make :GM, Coach, QB.

All have been changed. We've also added a legit NFL defensive coordinator, seriously solidified the lack of talent at WR, oh, and Ralph stepped down and Russ is now in charge carte blanch.

I dont think I have ever seen an optimistic post under your name. Time to get positive and get with the program. Be disappointed if this doesnt work out, but for now, enjoy it.

Love the upward feeling I am getting from this sort of new crew. We are used to hearing all sorts of things, but you cannot tell me that hearing Coach Marrone and hearing EJ does not cause optimism. With Buddy stepping aside today, I feel like the Emperor in Star Wars..."Things are just as I have forseen."

Can't wait for September!

I'm waiting for a few games to get played before I get too excited. Having a new coach is a huge difference. The personnel changes are big question marks, Mario coming off an injury is a question mark and the offensive line is a question mark. The biggest question mark is the qb. Everything is so fluid and there is little to indicate an actual improvement -on paper. The game isn't played on paper though so I'm going to put my faith in the new coach and gm this year and hope for improvement.

I dont think I have ever seen an optimistic post under your name. Time to get positive and get with the program. Be disappointed if this doesnt work out, but for now, enjoy it.

You would have despised me 3 years when Gailey was hired, as I knew the impending failure that was ahead.

Marrone is a complete unknown. I'm willing to give him a chance. Manuel was a gutsy pick. There seems to be a change in philosophy about only 'high character' guys. But, there's too many remnants of a failed organization that continue with this team. I have to be skeptical, at least.

You would have despised me 3 years when Gailey was hired, as I knew the impending failure that was ahead.

Marrone is a complete unknown. I'm willing to give him a chance. Manuel was a gutsy pick. There seems to be a change in philosophy about only 'high character' guys. But, there's too many remnants of a failed organization that continue with this team. I have to be skeptical, at least.

Oh, no way I was happy about Gailey either. But I wouldnt have been happy with another retread this year either. Did not want Lovie at all. Marrones path is similar to Harbaughs turning a program around and the type of leader who has charisma. Im hoping that translates to the nfl. But cant disagree with your point about remnants of the failed organization in the past sticking around. I just wonder how much Ralph did or did not influence Brandon before this year. If Brandon was Ralphs "yes" man and brandon wanted to run things differently, it appears he has started to this year. There is always reasonable logic to be skeptical about this organization based on the last decade plus. But my offseason optimism is almost like a highly developed coping strategy. Although, Im pretty sure denial is the lowest form of coping.

- College up and comer coach

- One of the youngest GM's in the league

- Front office shake up taking decisions from the meddlesome owner (god bless him though)

- Drafts THEIR quarterback

- Brings in one of the most highly regarding defensive coordinator's in the league

Look guys....I have no idea what is gonna happen this year but I have said it a long time ago that nothing changes with this team until the TOP MGT of the bills changes

Its happened.....lets see what happens.

It's about time. They needed some young blood and fresh ideas.

Everything they have done this off season has given me some hope.

Still have to prove it on the field but they have been proactive in their approach.

I like the direction they are headed. Maybe we are on to something special in B-lo....finally

Sorry this is the same old Bills. Branden's still with the team, Wilson and Littman and Overdork are still around. Sorry to say but Maronne and Whaley won't be much of a change.

Thx for the input Joo.

What does being skeptical get you? Just curious.

Thx for the input Joo.

Your welcome !

Everyone's overrating how sought after Marrone and Whaley were.

What does being skeptical get you? Just curious.

For me, the most intriguing facet of our front office is that if they are successful they have strong ties to this general area and would most likely be here a long time. Though if they muck it up, things could get awkward...

The new philosophy/leadership is palpable and great to see. Very refreshing. Go get it done, guys.

This team/organization has changed radically. To act like it hasn't is just being a contrarian. The changes might not equal success, but they are going about things differently for sure.

You are right, it has changed radically. But it did 3 years ago as well. We all know too well how that turned out. As you pointed out, radical change does not equate to success, but it also does not equate to failure. In my opinion a wait-and-see attitude is far most prudent than either saying the Bills will suck with no proof yet, or that the Bills will be good also with no proof yet..

The biggest difference for me over three years ago is that the QB situation has been addressed (finally). No one knows if EJ will be a "franchise" QB or not. But at the very least the Bills F.O. got the QB they wanted and the fans have something at that position to look forward to.

The most important changes a team can possibly make are, in no particular order, their 1] starting quarterback, 2] their Head Coach, 3] their owner, 4] their GM, 5] their schemes, their 6] OC and 7] DC.

The Bills have changed them all. It's arguable that Russ is the same as Ralph but there is far more evidence he is not than he is.

One player on either side of the ball outside of the QB is not likely to be as big a change to your team as any of the aforementioned things.

- College up and comer coach

- One of the youngest GM's in the league

- Front office shake up taking decisions from the meddlesome owner (god bless him though)

- Drafts THEIR quarterback

- Brings in one of the most highly regarding defensive coordinator's in the league

Look guys....I have no idea what is gonna happen this year but I have said it a long time ago that nothing changes with this team until the TOP MGT of the bills changes

Its happened.....lets see what happens.

4 -12. Maybe a half dozen winnable games. Gotta get worse before you can get better. This is one of the "get worse" years. Oh, and I forgot to mention if Ralph dies the whole thing gets blown up and we start all over .. again. Just putting it out there. Knowing this franchise, they'll probably start to get better, hope will rise, then Ralph will die and new ownership group will take over and understandably replace everyone with their own people.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Spelling aside (and come on all you spelling Nazis)

When I posted this we hadn't even had the GM change yet.....you don't see the irony in the title?

We have the youngest front office in the league....this is def not "the same OLD bills"

I agree John.

I understand the skepticism of others though.

How much would you like to bet?

Or don't you put your money where your mouth is?

They'll win 3 games Ill give them that, they'll be real lucky to win 5 games Remember its all Jauron and wandstat's fault

They'll win 3 games Ill give them that, they'll be real lucky to win 5 games Remember its all Jauron and wandstat's fault

How about a small $100 wager.

We'll set the over/under at 4.5 games.

If they win 5 or more I win. Four wins or less and the money is yours.

Sorry dude I'm making a Large wager in Las Vegas on the under . It'll be like money in the bank.

Sure you are.

When you really want to put your money where your mouth is, let me know.

I'm already putting my money up I'm also betting where I'm certain to get paid when I win !

Sorry this is the same old Bills. Branden's still with the team, Wilson and Littman and Overdork are still around. Sorry to say but Maronne and Whaley won't be much of a change.

Last time I was truly excited about a Bills off-season (other when Bledsoe was finally dumped in 2005) was in 2001, & there are some similarities. Ralph 'passed the torch' to another. Before getting the job, TD was a highly-respected & much sought-after NFL executive. Before getting the promotion, Brandon was a good marketing guy but a proven failure running a football team. Now, even though he was supposed to be out of the picture, Ralph ended up meddling and micro-managing TD, the major factor in TD's failure here IMO. Maybe this time, he really will stay away, but nevertheless, Littman & Overdorf have gone nowhere. Hopefully Brandon + Ralph not meddling compared to TD + Ralph meddling will be close to a wash. I am much more positive on the Marrone hiring than I was on the GW hiring, and I like what I am hearing about Whaley. I still think all the trash at the top of the organization needs to be gone once and for all, but it would be great if Marrone & Whaley prove themselves to be worthy of staying after the new ownership eventually takes over.

You whiney bitches have been hurt too much by the team's losing.

Sack up and get some self respect from someplace else.

+1

It's as if half of the board just wants to reserve the right to say "I knew we were horrible before the season started." Good for you. In all likelihood we will struggle with all the changes, but so many teams have gone from worst to first in recent history that its not crazy to hope for a good season.

Last time I was truly excited about a Bills off-season (other when Bledsoe was finally dumped in 2005) was in 2001, & there are some similarities. Ralph 'passed the torch' to another. Before getting the job, TD was a highly-respected & much sought-after NFL executive. Before getting the promotion, Brandon was a good marketing guy but a proven failure running a football team. Now, even though he was supposed to be out of the picture, Ralph ended up meddling and micro-managing TD, the major factor in TD's failure here IMO. Maybe this time, he really will stay away, but nevertheless, Littman & Overdorf have gone nowhere. Hopefully Brandon + Ralph not meddling compared to TD + Ralph meddling will be close to a wash. I am much more positive on the Marrone hiring than I was on the GW hiring, and I like what I am hearing about Whaley. I still think all the trash at the top of the organization needs to be gone once and for all, but it would be great if Marrone & Whaley prove themselves to be worthy of staying after the new ownership eventually takes over.

No one pays $800m for something and then does not bring their own people in. It all gets blown up when Ralph passes.

Tom Donahoe failed because of paranoia and arrogance. He lost a power struggle with Cower in Pittsburg. He was never going to have that happen again, so he hired two head coaches that were on no one's radar. They therefore owed him. Frankly Ralph should have fired him when he chastised the fans for him having to fire Williams.

His drafts were bizarre. It was like he was after a head line not players. Did the Bills really have the luxury of using a first round pick on a guy, McGahee, that couldn't play for a year? Or the panic the lead to trading up for Losman?

"Much sought after", he was working at ESPN when Ralph hired him.

No one pays $800m for something and then does not bring their own people in. It all gets blown up when Ralph passes.

Unless of course they are winning.

I'm already putting my money up I'm also betting where I'm certain to get paid when I win !

You're full of crap and you know it.

You would never make that bet in Vegas because you know you'd lose.

And you also know that if we made a public bet here on The Stadium Wall that neither of us would renege because it would ruin our reputations to do so.

The bet still stands if you want to be a man about it.

If you want to chicken out that's your prerogative. You should man up, recant your weak claim or drop it altogether because this is making you look bad.

Again: