This most definately is not the same old bills

- College up and comer coach

- One of the youngest GM's in the league

- Front office shake up taking decisions from the meddlesome owner (god bless him though)

- Drafts THEIR quarterback

- Brings in one of the most highly regarding defensive coordinator's in the league

Look guys....I have no idea what is gonna happen this year but I have said it a long time ago that nothing changes with this team until the TOP MGT of the bills changes

Its happened.....lets see what happens.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one (optimistic) way of looking at it.

Lots of unprovens in play here.

I'm working up to a point where I can allow myself to muster some hope again. It's taking me a little longer this year than in the past. I'll see this team as "not the the same old" when the wins start piling up. Speculation is cheap. Every year for the last 13 there has been some fresh argument to be made about why this year will be different. SHOW me.

Edited by gringo starr

- Front office shake up taking decisions from the meddlesome owner (god bless him though)

- Brings in one of the most highly regarding defensive coordinator's in the league

Look guys....I have no idea what is gonna happen this year but I have said it a long time ago that nothing changes with this team until the TOP MGT of the bills changes

top management is russ who has been with the team all decade

whaley was hired years ago to be groomed for this transition

im not sure you can say its worlds different or that its the plan we saw a few years ago but with the pieces coming together the right way. i dont doubt we wouldve taken harbaugh if we could have - he turned us down, marrone didnt. i dont doubt we wanted an attacking 34 defense - we publicly stated it. i dont doubt we wanted whaley at GM, we hired him to be asst gm. if cam was available to us, or luck, or RG3 i bet we wouldve taken them - we havent passed on anyone successful in the first round.

success is opportunity meeting ability and right now i feel like those opportunities are actually showing up and we are taking advantage of them. we will see how it pans out.

Numerous arrest records in one draft...

Loved a quote an analyst said where good teams have the most "guys you'd want on your side during a bar fight"...can be interpreted many ways but its a different mentality around there for sure.

It was not an overnight re-define but the upper management has transitioned in the last couple of years.

The question is whether people think the organization can really re-define itself when the owner and his right hand man are still the same.

I believe it is possible but I completely understand the skepticism of others.

The real question is if Brandon will run the team differently than when Ralph was running it?

The recent hires and moves certainly feel different.

I was shocked to see the Bills pick up K. Kolb. The fact that they did an exhaustive amount of research on the QBs in the draft and appear to have selected one who is big, fast, athletic, has a strong arm, and can be a running threat is a very good sign. Manuel and Kolb will give us a chance to compete. There has also been a definitive plan to get faster as a team. That is quite obvious. I would still like to see them continue to help themselves via FA and via trade this offseason. There are still quite a few vet FAs available who can fill holes and really help this team. I think they still need to obtain at least one proven CB or they could be in trouble. I do have high hopes for CB N. Robey.

Eh, I'm not feeling the 'change' that the Bills are trying to sell.

Russ is still Ralph's guy. He hired one of his Syracuse buddies with Marrone. The plan was always for Whaley to replace Nix, and he shoulders some of the blame for this team being awful. And most importantly, the team still looks bad.

Russ is still Ralph's guy. He hired one of his Syracuse buddies with Marrone. The plan was always for Whaley to replace Nix, and he shoulders some of the blame for this team being awful. And most importantly, the team still looks bad.

The team looks bad to you?

Do you see any reason for optimism?

I have to agree. I know it's only about wins, but if you subscribe to the "madness is repeating the same actions and expecing different results" logic, then this sure ain't the same old Bills. 13 years of futility or not -- I'm getting pumped.

i think it's safe to say that it's ON LIKE A MOFO!

In retrospect, Thurman was dead nuts on this. Also in retrospect, this would have been a far better markeing pitch than what we're using now!

I'm not excited because there isn't much out there but question marks. On the good side there are interesting question marks at the qb position. The bad question marks are still the offensive line and a less than stellar defense. Let's see how it all shakes out in the first few games. So much is riding on the coach and his staff as I don't see any significant improvement in player personnel.

Your posts are earily familier to "airseven" from the buffalo bills message board.

The Bills basically have dated the girl who has been passed around the school several times over. She keeps cheating us, we keep taking her back, and hope she will change. Now, we got the cute new girl. We don't know how it will end but at least it's not the same old tired girl.

That's one (optimistic) way of looking at it.

Lots of unprovens in play here.

I'm working up to a point where I can allow myself to muster some hope again. It's taking me a little longer this year than in the past. I'll see this team as "not the the same old" when the wins start piling up. Speculation is cheap. Every year for the last 13 there has been some fresh argument to be made about why this year will be different. SHOW me.

We all want them to "show us". I guess it's just a matter of what do you want to do in the meantime and I respect both ways. Optimism doesn't effect anything nor does not getting excited until/if it happens.

I'm in, but I fall for whatever changes are made every off season. Draft picks, new coaches, guys coming back from injuries, FA signings. I've expected playoffs every season since the late 80s. This time, however, it does feel a bit different.