Buddy Nix Steps Down as GM

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God and thus ends an era of bills GM incompetence. Lets hope Whaley knows what he is doing

Obviously the shame of reaching for EJ Manuel when he could have had Nassib or Barkley was too much to bear.

He delivered the QB for which his legacy will be forever linked and rode off into the sunset. Cheers, Buddy. Hope that baby grows into a corn fed, molly whopping, beast. Only downside: no taped phone calls from a 75 year old GM

that doesn't know how to use a phone.

I had heard something about that, but didn't get any additional information other than something happened with him and phone call?

Nix did a pretty good job in his tenure. The level of overall talent on the roster is far superior then when he arrived. He was a good recruiter in free agency and drafted the guy that he believes will be the franchise QB. I wish him well in his new role.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Thank God and thus ends an era of bills GM incompetence. Lets hope Whaley knows what he is doing

+ 1

I think this is progress, albeit "Bills" progress, but progress.

There you go for all you naysayers. That was Whaley's draft. It had someone else's fingerprints all over it.

This may be true. It certainly had some very un-Nix qualities about it. But let's not pretend like Nix has had zero influence on Whaley. I think Nix was the right guy to cut the young pup's teeth.

Speaking of young pup: Ralph to Russ. Chan to Doug. Buddy to Doug. YOUTH MOVEMENT.

This is what a lot of us saw coming from miles away. Front Office contracts run from May to May. Plenty of folks called this move back when the first change was announced in January and people were crying for Buddy's head.

A big THANK YOU to Buddy for working hard at re-building not only a roster, but an entire Franchise, from the Front Office down to the water boys.

I think Buddy actually has done a pretty decent job thus far, the roster was a complete mess when he took it over. Of course he wasn't perfect but i've seen worse in Buffalo

Nix has NOT don't a great job. Part of being a GM is hiring good coaches.....of which he has not. The Marrone/Pettine hire feels NOTHING like Buddy Nix hires. I think that was all Whaley