Is anyone else worried about Da'Rick Rogers

I know its only the second day of practice with the rookies but a lot of people on offense seem to be making a lot of plays like Marquise Goodwin, Robert Woods and Even Brandon Kaufman has been mentioned making plays. Rogers was reported as having an up and down day yesterday as he couldn't seem to get down some change of direction drills and dropped a few balls and then today not a single mention of him doing anything. If he is that talented to where a lot of teams even said he was a first or second round talent why is he having so much trouble early on when everyone else seems to be grasping things just fine. Again I know its early hut just saying

It would be nice to hear about him making plays because he has the actual physical skillset you want in your top receiver. Stevie is a posession receiver at this point, he isn't going to make plays downfield with any regularity. Woods is a solid all-around receiver but I don't think he initially presents matchup problems for good cornerbacks. Goodwin is Roscoe Parrish until proven otherwise. Rogers has the potential to make plays all over the field and get over the top because of his size/speed combination. You can only line up so many receivers and you would hope you have one of those guys. So yeah, I understand your concern. Kauffman looks good, maybe he can be the surprise out of this group.

As for all these other responders......don't take it personal. Despite what they say about not being concerned, my experience is that they are just getting some extra winks to replace all the sleep they are going to lose over this team once training camp ends. B-)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to hear about him making plays because he has the actual physical skillset you want in your top receiver. Stevie is a posession receiver at this point, he isn't going to make plays downfield with any regularity. Woods is a solid all-around receiver but I don't think he initially presents matchup problems for good cornerbacks. Goodwin is Roscoe Parrish until proven otherwise. Rogers has the potential to make plays all over the field and get over the top because of his size/speed combination. You can only line up so many receivers and you would hope you have one of those guys. So yeah, I understand your concern. Kauffman looks good, maybe he can be the surprise out of this group.

As for all these other responders......don't take it personal. Despite what they say about not being concerned, my experience is that they are just getting some extra winks to replace all the sleep they are going to lose over this team once training camp ends. B-)

This part about Woods is most likely wrong. And Goodwin is Goodwin until proven otherwise. Kaufman and Rogers are facing long odds at making the team because they were both undrafted. Kaufman has made some plays, but Rogers has not. What does that mean? No one knows until they start playing real games in September, but the more plays Rogers makes, the more looks he's going to get so it might be best to start making them now, or at least in OTAs.

The only thing that bothers me about Rogers is that he said he is playing with a chip on his shoulder. That chip has already put him on the edge of ending up as another fool who had the gifts to play but ended up a terminal loser. Being humble is what the idiot needs to learn or he will remain an idiot.

This part about Woods is most likely wrong. And Goodwin is Goodwin until proven otherwise. Kaufman and Rogers are facing long odds at making the team because they were both undrafted. Kaufman has made some plays, but Rogers has not. What does that mean? No one knows until they start playing real games in September, but the more plays Rogers makes, the more looks he's going to get so it might be best to start making them now, or at least in OTAs.

Woods isn't big and he isn't exceptionally fast and that's why he wasn't a first round pick. It's a matchup league and he is not a physical matchup that teams are going to fear. The key to his game IMO will be his route running and ability to make plays on contested throws.

And you are right, Goodwin is not in Roscoe Parrish's class until he proves it. Parrish was a much more accomplished receiver in college. Still, they are both very small targets and that makes it hard to find them downfield. Goodwin's game has been described as straight-linish and that doesn't sound like a guy who will make big plays out of the slot. Roscoe could make plays in traffic he just had the bone structure of a debutante so he couldn't make a living in there. The Goodwin pick was all about speed and the hope that the player had A LOT of room for improvement because 30 grabs per year is lousy production to say the least. Hopefully they find a way to use his speed.

Rogers may very well 'blow himself up', but I predict he will be starting opening day against the Pats * Edited by Ted William's frozen head

How can you be worried about an undrafted free agent? If he steps up he steps up, if he doesnt he doesnt. You only have the right to worry about Woods and Goodwin, and they haven't given any reason to yet.

The only thing that bothers me about Rogers is that he said he is playing with a chip on his shoulder. That chip has already put him on the edge of ending up as another fool who had the gifts to play but ended up a terminal loser. Being humble is what the idiot needs to learn or he will remain an idiot.

Chips can be good too...Tom Brady still has one the size of Everest...Thurman had a pretty good sized one...It all depends on the individual and what they do with it...Chips can cause some serious positive motivation with the right mindset... B-)

Well, we had one criminal named "Darick" (Holmes) who I personally thought was pretty good. Maybe we will get some results from Da'Rick as well. :thumbsup:

Well, we had one criminal named "Darick" (Holmes) who I personally thought was pretty good. Maybe we will get some results from Da'Rick as well. :thumbsup:

Darrick was very under appreciated on this team. He and Gabe Northern are two of my favorite Bills from the twilight of the 90's years.

Woods isn't big and he isn't exceptionally fast and that's why he wasn't a first round pick. It's a matchup league and he is not a physical matchup that teams are going to fear. The key to his game IMO will be his route running and ability to make plays on contested throws.

And you are right, Goodwin is not in Roscoe Parrish's class until he proves it. Parrish was a much more accomplished receiver in college. Still, they are both very small targets and that makes it hard to find them downfield. Goodwin's game has been described as straight-linish and that doesn't sound like a guy who will make big plays out of the slot. Roscoe could make plays in traffic he just had the bone structure of a debutante so he couldn't make a living in there. The Goodwin pick was all about speed and the hope that the player had A LOT of room for improvement because 30 grabs per year is lousy production to say the least. Hopefully they find a way to use his speed.

I'm not sure what you consider exceptionally fast, but Woods' official time at the Combine was 4.42, and he ran as fast as 4.37. That's plenty of speed and much faster than 1st rounder DeAndre Hopkins, while he was far more productive than 1st rounder Cordarrelle Patterson. His speed in combination with route-running should make him a problem for even good NFL CB's.

Parrish was marginally more productive than Goodwin in college. His problem, as you mentioned, in the pros was durability, which admittedly is also potentially a problem for Goodwin. But at the Combine, Parrish measured-in at 5'10" and 170# while Goodwin was 5'9" and 183#, and that can be a significant difference in terms of durability (Parrish has added 5# since the Combine, and Goodwin should be able to add at least that much). But I don't see Goodwin making his living going across the middle because that's a recipe for injury. I can see him playing on the outside and being a guy to take the lid off the defense.

I am worried about...

1. Is it going to rain when I make my hay or will I finally get clear skies for a week or two?

2. How can I get more eggs on Simpsons Tapped Out... 4,500 more eggs in a week!?

3. I hope my parents stay in Ohio for another month.

119. I wonder if they will ever bring back the show King Of The Hill?

204. Taylor Swift

312. That rash I have

567. Is there a heaven or hell?

789. What kind of pancakes my girlfriend is going to make me in the morning.

10048. Da'Rick Rogers having a bad pracitce

10049. Kim Kardashians new baby

10050. Global Warming

1051. Canada

Wait, something is wrong with Taylor Swift?

Wait, something is wrong with Taylor Swift?

Enquiring minds want to know here. Unless she's "never never ever" getting back together with jboyst, or he's worried about what kind of pancakes she'll make him.

When I first read this thread title I thought it was gonna be about Da'Rick's prior bad habits that got him booted from 1st round prospect to UDFA, and perhaps he'd been spotted cultivating bad company in B'lo. Worrying about a UDFA in rookie minicamp?

Seriously?

C'mon man.

Enquiring minds want to know here. Unless she's "never never ever" getting back together with jboyst, or he's worried about what kind of pancakes she'll make him.

When I first read this thread title I thought it was gonna be about Da'Rick's prior bad habits that got him booted from 1st round prospect to UDFA, and perhaps he'd been spotted cultivating bad company in B'lo. Worrying about a UDFA in rookie minicamp?

Seriously?

C'mon man.

Sarcasm?

I worry about Rogers far more than Taylor Swift. I don't buy her facade and figure there's a reason why she can't stay with a guy for long, and when they break up, feels the need to write a nasty song about him.

I worry about Rogers far more than Taylor Swift. I don't buy her facade and figure there's a reason why she can't stay with a guy for long, and when they break up, feels the need to write a nasty song about him.

Which is why you should be a bit more concerned about Taylor than Rogers. Where is your sensitivity?