Is anyone else worried about Da'Rick Rogers

interesting. 5 pages on a UDFA but not a single active current thread on the WR picked in the 2nd.

I think it's the expectation that Woods will be good, while people are excited that the Bills may have gotten a 2nd round talent without expending a 2013 pick.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, reading that list, I'm kinda wondering if it was a "mercy snip" to cut Jones and Nelson loose. Bills can only keep 5 or 6 of those guys. Such a different situation than last year.

There's no way the Bills would have known they'd be getting Woods, Goodwin, and Rogers in the draft, at the time they cut Nelson and Jones loose.

interesting. 5 pages on a UDFA but not a single active current thread on the WR picked in the 2nd.

Woods was at rookie camp but is not at OTAs. Same with Goodwin and Kaufman due to their schools still being in session

I am really hoping that Da'rrick makes the 53. Here's my projected list of WRs to keep.

Stevie

Woods

TJ

Goodwin

Rogers

Easley

Kaufman (PS)

Edited by JTO

I am really hoping that Da'rrick makes the 53. Here's my projected list of WRs to keep.

Stevie

Woods

TJ

Goodwin

Rogers

Easley

Kaufman (PS)

Replace Easley with Brad Smith and I like your list. The only thing Easley's proven thus far is that he can't stay healthy. I'd take my chances with a vet who's been around the block and is versatile over the guy who's shown nothing. But if you're looking to save a few million, it's another story.

Who'da thunk the Bills might be facing an embarrassment of riches at the WR position a few short weeks ago? Yes, it's early, but things are getting interesting (and promising).

Who'da thunk the Bills might be facing an embarrassment of riches at the WR position a few short weeks ago? Yes, it's early, but things are getting interesting (and promising).

Definitely not me. I was certain we were going to trade down to the Rams, but, I thought they'd go with the TE, if he got past the Jets, etc. Having said that, now that we have a complete picture of who did what and why, they did exactly the right thing. No risk, and decent reward, is better than super high risk(Manuel was supposed to get by a whole bunch of teams that need QB in the 2nd? Horseshit. :rolleyes:), and super high reward. Everything was better than having to trade back up into the first. The "we could have waited until 41" argument is both stupid and dead. Not with the Jags, Titans, Eagles, and Jets ALL picking ahead of us, with Manuel as the consensus #1 QB, by a wide margin, on most boards.

I figured we'd use the extra picks on QB and CB, in that order. But that's because I didn't see Woods being there at our pick. I certainly didn't expect them to go speedy WR at 3, since they did that last year.

Rogers wasn't on anybody's radar.

Definitely not me. I was certain we were going to trade down to the Rams, but, I thought they'd go with the TE, if he got past the Jets, etc. Having said that, now that we have a complete picture of who did what and why, they did exactly the right thing. No risk, and decent reward, is better than super high risk(Manuel was supposed to get by a whole bunch of teams that need QB in the 2nd? Horseshit. :rolleyes:), and super high reward. Everything was better than having to trade back up into the first. The "we could have waited until 41" argument is both stupid and dead. Not with the Jags, Titans, Eagles, and Jets ALL picking ahead of us, with Manuel as the consensus #1 QB, by a wide margin, on most boards.

I figured we'd use the extra picks on QB and CB, in that order. But that's because I didn't see Woods being there at our pick. I certainly didn't expect them to go speedy WR at 3, since they did that last year.

Rogers wasn't on anybody's radar.

Link? (other than Eagles fan sites...)

Edited by Mr. WEO

I know its only the second day of practice with the rookies but a lot of people on offense seem to be making a lot of plays like Marquise Goodwin, Robert Woods and Even Brandon Kaufman has been mentioned making plays. Rogers was reported as having an up and down day yesterday as he couldn't seem to get down some change of direction drills and dropped a few balls and then today not a single mention of him doing anything. If he is that talented to where a lot of teams even said he was a first or second round talent why is he having so much trouble early on when everyone else seems to be grasping things just fine. Again I know its early hut just saying

Not losing any sleep over it. Is this guy supposed to make the 53 Man roster anyways? I'd say he'd be lucky to make the practice squad.

Not losing any sleep over it. Is this guy supposed to make the 53 Man roster anyways? I'd say he'd be lucky to make the practice squad.

If there are no incidents with Rogers during OTAs and Training Camp, there is no way that the Bills expose him to waivers. He'll never make it to their PS.

I'm worried about Da'Rick Rogers, because if he continues to perform as he did at Monday's OTA practice he might completely shatter the confidence of our secondary.

Or holdout for more money for the next OTAs.

Link? (other than Eagles fan sites...)

Are you serious? How about looking that the front page of this site 1.5 weeks ago? The articles are out there. Here's one: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000167678/article/draft-notes-ej-manuel-over-geno-smith-not-that-surprising. Yeah, most teams had Manueal over Smith. All you need to do is use google. I refuse to provide any more links on something I know you can find if you put 5 minutes of effort into it.

Like I said, the argument for trading down again is stupid, wrong and dead. It's over. Deal.

There's no way EJM gets to 41. All it takes is for the Jets to be one of those teams that had Manuel rated higher. That leaves trading up, or, doing what we did.

Enough of the nonsense. This issue is done. The "we could have traded down again, and still gotten EJM" people will never be right. Time to lay it down.

Not worried but would certainly like Da'Rick to pan out. Frankly, I wanted them to take him in the third so getting him as a UDFA was fantastic. He sounded pretty humble and driven in that John Murphy interview so maybe the light has turned on. Specifically the part where he was talking about the combine and about how it was hard for him to talk bad about himself at first but by the end he had the mentality "well Da'Rick, this is what you did...".

Not to read into it too much (since he should be grateful) but here are a few of his most recent tweets:

Da'Rick Rogers@darickrogers20h

Great first day of OTA's with the veterans! I can't wait to get back out there and learn as much as I can from those guys! #lambogrind

Da'Rick Rogers@darickrogers

15h

I just want to thank Buddy Nix for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to succeed with an amazing Buffalo Bills organization !!

In Rogers' case, as well as Alonso and the other "problem" child (Meeks or Williams, can't remember which), you can chalk it up to a kid who thought he was God's gift to football, untouchable if you will, that got knocked down a few pegs and turned it around. I seem to believe these guys were truly humbled by their mistakes, and their consequences, and are ready to move forward. Thankfully it happened to them early enough, while still in the national spotlight, for them to "grow up" and put their best foot forward. Young, dumb, high profile athletes in college...Not saying they are dumb, just that they did something dumb.

So many times it doesn't happen until they reach this level (Young, both of them, Pac-Man, Sam Hurd, Vick, etc. etc. etc.)...some of who resurrect a NFL career, but most of whom fall off planet NFL and into jail, or back on the streets.

Rogers has the talent and the ability to become a very good receiver. Even as an UDFA, the risk/reward ratio is high on both sides.

Say he lives up to his potential and keeps dry...Woods is as advertised and Graham and Goodwyn add an extra dynamic...SJ13 and Woods/Rogers/Graham/Goodwyn on the field with Spiller and a dual threat QB, in a fast paced O...not to mention Dickerson and/or Gragg (all of whom run sub 4.5 40's).

No. Why would anyone be worried at this point in the offseason? My Gosh we have a ton of time.

Not sure if we are worrying about the BILLS or the individual. As far as the team, it is too early to be really concerned, but the Player may be another story. Is he mature enough to put a bad day or more behind him and adjust?

I'm worried about Da'Rick Rogers, because if he continues to perform as he did at Monday's OTA practice he might completely shatter the confidence of our secondary.

hahaha, I was thinking of the same thing. I believe that this is the time to put in work even though it is extremely early. Those other rookie WR's gone for the time being at school still, Perfect time for Da'Rick to show us what he has to offer. Still, very early though. I want to see more highlights.