Mario Williams: no love for

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great chance to spew "wisdom", but still a poor excuse.

Whatever saying, or adage, or figure of speech, or idiom, ..... it's all bulls***. She is wrong to try to keep the ring, and the fact that she is trying to keep it lets me know all I need to know.

Hey, i am not saying it's right but this DEFINITELY falls under the category of a fool and his money. Maybe you are a huckleberry like that too, I don't know. The bigger question is......who gives the woman they love a piece of jewelry that would turn an everyday Joe into a thief that would knock you over the head to take that rock? That's just stupidity. This isn't a 10K engagement ring, this is a piece that some dudes would elaborately scheme to steal. You notice how her lawyer said it was in a safe deposit box? IE, don't rob my house cuz it's not there? Anytime you condense $1M into the size of a quarter it is probably a bad thing. Just a whole lotta' stupid in this story for Mario, sorry.

A ring is a physical good which you are handing over to another. It's no different to me than giving anyone anything else.

It may be no different to you, but historically (traditionally) , the fact is an engagement ring does fall into a special category of "betrothal gifts" ie, gifts given in recognition of the promise to marry.

Today's US law may or may not recognize and return betrothal gifts in the form of cattle, milch cows, goats, real estate, papers of pins, furs, cloth, and cash (I don't think it recognizes and returns dowry, either), but US law still recognizes that engagement ring as a "conditional gift" and differs from state to state only in saying "it always gets returned, no fault" to "the injured party gets it".

reading through much of this thread, i can't imagine how women sometimes think men are ignorant pigs, given the name-calling and rush to judgements some here have.

Being fair, jw, name-calling and rush to judgement are unfortunate all-too-common human behavior, not unique to the male of the species.

Hey, i am not saying it's right but this DEFINITELY falls under the category of a fool and his money. Maybe you are a huckleberry like that too, I don't know. The bigger question is......who gives the woman they love a piece of jewelry that would turn an everyday Joe into a thief that would knock you over the head to take that rock? That's just stupidity. This isn't a 10K engagement ring, this is a piece that some dudes would elaborately scheme to steal. You notice how her lawyer said it was in a safe deposit box? IE, don't rob my house cuz it's not there? Anytime you condense $1M into the size of a quarter it is probably a bad thing. Just a whole lotta' stupid in this story for Mario, sorry.

Agreed. He was a fool...

Tim Graham talks to her lawyer and gets that side of the story:

http://blogs.buffalo...ting-worse.html

Wow, Mario's a mess. He has to drop this suit. It's unwinnable AND it's exposing him as a serious head case. This is disastrous for him. Where did he get the narcotics he loaded up on before the NE game? What is the team's response?

Crazy stuff.

Wow, Mario's a mess. He has to drop this suit. It's unwinnable AND it's exposing him as a serious head case. This is disastrous for him. Where did he get the narcotics he loaded up on before the NE game? What is the team's response?

Crazy stuff.

Wal green. It"s a legal proscription pain killer.

I can't even imagine how widespread pain killer use is in the NFL, probably even more than PED's.Well, maybe not that much...err....well, they probably vacillate between them if they aren't taking them all at the same time.....err well, in the morning there are probably more PED's being used, but at night I would think painkillers. I think that's a fair assessment....I'll stick with that.

I only have hatred for two kinds of humans...lawyers and despotic tyrants.

I can't even imagine how widespread pain killer use is in the NFL, probably even more than PED's.Well, maybe not that much...err....well, they probably vacillate between them if they aren't taking them all at the same time.....err well, in the morning there are probably more PED's being used, but at night I would think painkillers. I think that's a fair assessment....I'll stick with that.

I don't think it's a narcotic, but players line up to get shot up with torodol on game day.

I was thinking about that article I posted by Tim Graham. The lawyer is trying to make her look good by saying that she didn't "save" these texts. She deleted them and they had to forensically retrieve them............So, what's the difference. She had to sa Hey, I got this text that we can use against him.................I agree with somebody above - at least on my phone, it's easier to not delete the texts.

I don't think it's a narcotic, but players line up to get shot up with torodol on game day.

Toradol is a non-steroidal antiinflammatory. Yep, it's handed out pretty freely in the NFL. It can have serious side effects, including sudden onset after a period of use with no problems.

Vicodin (hydroxycodone) are reportedly handed out pretty freely and regularly after the game, so the players can numb their pain enough to sleep, all legal

Interesting article, scroll down to the sidebar on the right "Excerpts from players who took the survey"

Telling excerpts: It's what you have to do to play. You have to play through injuries. In last five years, I got a shot of Toradol before EVERY game"

"To get meds, opioids, all players had to do was ask the team doctor and they would give medicines, no questions asked."

"They used to give us the pills. We didn't need a [prescription]. I had to take shots to play and after games they would dump three or four Percocets in my hands to take for the ride home."

3 or 4 percosets supports the contention that 5 isn't much for these guys.

Gibberish?

I hope Mario gets out in front of this, right now he looks profoundly bad. I'm not even questioning all the stuff he did with her, just the nativity that he's shown is palpable. Good looking out from his lawyer though, did he go with the public defender. He's getting skewered in the media and he's got no one to blame but himself. Are the Bills going to get involved PR wise? He's a part of there brand and its taking a beating right now.

Toradol is a non-steroidal antiinflammatory. Yep, it's handed out pretty freely in the NFL. It can have serious side effects, including sudden onset after a period of use with no problems.

Vicodin (hydroxycodone) are reportedly handed out pretty freely and regularly after the game, so the players can numb their pain enough to sleep, all legal

Interesting article, scroll down to the sidebar on the right "Excerpts from players who took the survey"

Telling excerpts: It's what you have to do to play. You have to play through injuries. In last five years, I got a shot of Toradol before EVERY game"

"To get meds, opioids, all players had to do was ask the team doctor and they would give medicines, no questions asked."

"They used to give us the pills. We didn't need a [prescription]. I had to take shots to play and after games they would dump three or four Percocets in my hands to take for the ride home."

3 or 4 percosets supports the contention that 5 isn't much for these guys.

I am sure 5 in one day is not that much for these guys.