Fans want Kolb as Starter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the line on EJ is that his ceiling is the highest, but still needs some development, the last thing you do is start him week one. Good way to run a promising QB

START EJ AND LETS RIDE HIM TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF! MANNING DID IT, SUCKED THE FIRST YR BUT SO WHAT WE HAVE TALENT ALL AROUND HIM. LETS DO IT!

What talent "all around him" might that be? The backup to average starting TE Scott Chandler? Rookie WR Woods and Goodwin? 2nd year WR TJ Graham? Never caught a pass Marcus Easley?

I am not saying that none of the WRs will ever pan out, but it takes (often) WRs 2-3 years to become really productive in the NFL.

I don't want him out there if he's not ready developing bad habits such as "happy feet" or "chuck and duck" or "throwing off the back foot" if he's not up to reading his progression etc.

We'll have him locked up for 5 years. Let's not get into too big of a hurry.

Let's see...

Kolb: 64% 60%, and 57% of his passes in his last 3 years, fumbled 6, 8, and 2 times, completed 4, 7, and 9 TDs,

EJM: 70%, 69%, and 68% of his passes in his last 3 years, fumbled 0, 0, and 0, times, completed 4, 18, and 23 TDs.

That was another negative myth about Manuel, that he wasn't sound in ball protection.

I think maybe it arose from Gruden teasing him about how he was holding the ball when he was running.

But those 10 3/8th inch hands are pretty big clamps.

Back to the subject, in spite of ESPN's insistence on giving me Insider for free, I rarely read their content and I rarely watch their networks.

It's not a total boycott but it is a significant one. I'll watch/read stuff that I really want to see but it's not like the old days where it was on the TV all the time.

The entirety of their product is really revolting, IMO.

I hate their treatment of just about everything.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Former NFL GM and current Sirius NFL host believes that a rookie head coaches shouldn't waste the "honey moon" period on a vet. A rookie head coach is not going to get fired after year one, so they might as well get their rookie QB experience if they have one on the roster. Let EJ get some experience on the field. Practice is great, but it doesn't make up for real playing time.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

This team isn't going anywhere so I say unless EJ blows the doors off in pre-season and camp and Kolb looks competent just start Kolb and let EJ sit and learn the system while Kolb takes the hits. Once the season starts to get out of hand they should play EJ let him take some snaps.

The trend is to start young QB's and just let it roll. But it should be a case by case basis. If EJ is a little unpolished why not try to have just sit back and learn the system and being an NFL player and just have him start the last few games to get his feet wet? Seems like what the 49ers did with Kap was to bring him along slowly.

i know i voted on this. i was thinking the bills will do what every team kolb has been on has done. he will start the first few weeks, get hurt for a couple weeks and then lose his job to the backup. in this case ej

I understand the notion of misleading. I personally am fine with us starting Kolb, hold for a few games, let him hold onto the ball too long and get another concussion. EJ comes in, ready for the speed, takes his lumps and we go 8-8. He comes in the following year, we hold our good people which is what good teams do like Cincy right now, and we with another draft and free agency have the team needed to really compete and hit the 11-5 mark with a playoff birth and at least one whipping of NE.

I don't want to rely on players that young.

Welcome to the board BR1JU, I see this is your first post. Great to have another faithful Bills fan join in.

Thanks! Was trying to register for another Bills forum (not sure if I could post the name) but it would not let me so my search led me here. I keep tabs with 2 other teams (Texans & Cardinals) as well and have to say there's a lot of fans here. Think the Bills had a great draft and will be interesting to follow them this year. Actually like the Kolb pick up and what type of offense Marrone will install. Should be fun to watch.

Let's take a page out of the 49er's play book . Let him soak in as much of the game as he can & put him in when Kolb gets hurt .

If Kolb follows what he has done in the past then it shouldn't take real long, if he does great b/c of the better O line then that gives E.J. more time to learn .

Win Win as i see it ... :thumbsup:

That was another negative myth about Manuel, that he wasn't sound in ball protection.

I think maybe it arose from Gruden teasing him about how he was holding the ball when he was running.

But those 10 3/8th inch hands are pretty big clamps.

Back to the subject, in spite of ESPN's insistence on giving me Insider for free, I rarely read their content and I rarely watch their networks.

It's not a total boycott but it is a significant one. I'll watch/read stuff that I really want to see but it's not like the old days where it was on the TV all the time.

The entirety of their product is really revolting, IMO.

I hate their treatment of just about everything.

Dig your username. Use to live in Santa Clara and was there a week and a half ago.