Doug "Old Skoal" Marrone

I was watching the EJ Manuel NYC to Buffalo video on buffalobills.com last night, and when I saw Marrone shake EJ's hand at 4:36 of this video a nickname for coach Marrone hit me. Doug "Old Skoal" Marrone. Check out that wad in coach Marrone's mouth.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Exclusive-EJ-Manuels-Journey-From-NYC-to-Buffalo/aeb82ef3-1230-4b14-8031-2f7856f7e307

I think Marrone is the perfect type of coach. You can tell by his body language that he is more Tony Soprano than he is Norman Mailer. His attitude is all business. He is just ready to get EJ to work. Go Bills!

yeah its being discussed in the thread devoted to the ej manuel video

I was watching the EJ Manuel NYC to Buffalo video on buffalobills.com last night, and when I saw Marrone shake EJ's hand at 4:36 of this video a nickname for coach Marrone hit me. Doug "Old Skoal" Marrone. Check out that wad in coach Marrone's mouth.

http://www.buffalobi...31-2f7856f7e307

I think Marrone is the perfect type of coach. You can tell by his body language that he is more Tony Soprano than he is Norman Mailer. His attitude is all business. He is just ready to get EJ to work. Go Bills!

I was watching the EJ Manuel NYC to Buffalo video on buffalobills.com last night, and when I saw Marrone shake EJ's hand at 4:36 of this video a nickname for coach Marrone hit me. Doug "Old Skoal" Marrone. Check out that wad in coach Marrone's mouth...

You noticed that too huh?

"Old Skoal" :lol:

Although we obviously have to hold judgement until the games are played on Marrone's coaching ability, I do like that he appears to be very comfortable in handling the media and answering at least some of the questions with real answers. It shows a fairly high level of communication ability which hopefully transfers in how he communicates to the players.

I can't watch these videos on BB.com.

Can someone please tell me what plug-in or program I need? I don't think I have issues viewing other videos.

Mac, Chrome.

Thanks.

Works in Safari.

Buffalobills.com is also weird for me when it comes to watching videos. I have to open Firefox or Chrome (instead of Safari) to be able to view the videos. I have flash and all that, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm glad to know it's not just me though.

I do like that he appears to be very comfortable in handling the media and answering at least some of the questions with real answers. It shows a fairly high level of communication ability which hopefully transfers in how he communicates to the players.

See, now I haven't found Marrone to be particuarly insightful in his interviews. Nor do I really want him to be. I think he tries, like every other coach, to sound articulate while actually saying as little as possible so as not to concede ANY competitive advantage to his opponents.

I laughed when i noticed the man was chewin backy and indoors no less. ( just watched the EJ vid. good kid seems. and looking forward : ). )

Listening to Marrones pressers he is definitely in charge of the room.

Very different than any HC DC OC i recall for Buffalo in many years.

what a redneck.

Go Bills !

See, now I haven't found Marrone to be particuarly insightful in his interviews.

I can't really watch his interviews. The man can move his mouth with words coming out and saying absolutely nothing for extended periods of time.

If he insists on sucking on that crap on the hallowed ground that is the Ralph, I hope he brings a spit cup.

Go BILLS !!

He actually reminds me of Tom Coughlin more than anyone else. Discipline and toughness. You have to earn his respect.

+1. And if EJ can be as good as Eli Manning, we could possibly build a very good team.

I want to see the guys who have skated thru under Chan get a reality check from Coach Marrone. Time to thin out the slackers and bring in guys who hustle. How can you not love a tough coach who chews and expects his men to play and act like professionals..