Da'Rick Rogers - WR - UDFA

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since no one answered before, I'll ask it again. Did Rogers fail his drug tests because of just marijuana, or were there other drugs?

From all I have read, it was pot, but I haven't seen anything that specifically said all three were for pot. I think we may know if it was something different. There haven't been many, or any, reports I have seen that says he is a bad guy.

The worst I have seen, and probably the reason that he got undrafted more than anything, is that he didn't try all that much at Tennessee Tech because it wasn't a challenge for him. I don't know whether that is true but it makes sense, since he was a man amongst boys in that competition for the most part. It's not a good sign, of course, to not go all out every play. But I don't think it is any harbinger that he wouldn't go all out in the NFL. At TEN he was a good blocker and tried hard all the time it seems.

It seems to me that he is either going to take this very seriously or not. That means working harder than he has ever worked in his life. If he does, he will probably succeed. What's good about it, to me, is that Marrone is a no nonsense coach, and both of his buddies coming in, Woods and Goodwin, are very, very hard workers.

From all I have read, it was pot, but I haven't seen anything that specifically said all three were for pot. I think we may know if it was something different. There haven't been many, or any, reports I have seen that says he is a bad guy.

The worst I have seen, and probably the reason that he got undrafted more than anything, is that he didn't try all that much at Tennessee Tech because it wasn't a challenge for him. I don't know whether that is true but it makes sense, since he was a man amongst boys in that competition for the most part. It's not a good sign, of course, to not go all out every play. But I don't think it is any harbinger that he wouldn't go all out in the NFL. At TEN he was a good blocker and tried hard all the time it seems.

It seems to me that he is either going to take this very seriously or not. That means working harder than he has ever worked in his life. If he does, he will probably succeed. What's good about it, to me, is that Marrone is a no nonsense coach, and both of his buddies coming in, Woods and Goodwin, are very, very hard workers.

I also like the fact he has a guy on his team in Stevie to look too. Stevie was a 7th rounder who is quickly becoming a house hold name due to his play and the way he conducts himself. yes Stevie likes to have a bit too much fun during some games at times, but he is a good guy. IF Stevie can mentor Rogers on being a Pro then this very well could be the steal of the draft...since he was not even drafted!

Rogers said he enjoyed his pre-draft visit with the Bills' coaching staff, especially receivers coach Ike Hilliard, earlier this month and liked the idea of joining a team at the same time as its expected franchise quarterback, first-round pick EJ Manuel.

Rogers also has been working out with a couple of Branion's other clients Buffalo drafted: USC receiver Robert Woods and Texas receiver Marquise Goodwin.

"I'm excited about some of the young talent they have," Rogers said. "I wanted to be a part of that. It makes you that much more excited, makes you want to go to the workouts and practices to work. It's more motivation."

This is going to be fun

Weed only AFAIK.

If it's weed, it's not a big deal. I'd be a third of the league smokes it.

As for trying, he appears to be motivated and knows that he won't get too many chances in the NFL.

Incorrect - he was known to take plays off, ala TO even at Tennessee, but was good enough to get away with if as far as I know/saw

Fair enough. I never saw that. He's supposed to be a very good blocker, so I wouldn't assume he was taking a lot of plays off.

I think on further review, the TO comparisons really are fitting. Remember how if he was the 3rd WR he might go 75% sometimes, or silly things like that? Rogers Occassionally did the same but also made a ton of plays and often played hard. Just a little of that diva WR in him.... Which outside of a few, most great ones have. Unfortunately most terrible ones share the quality. He's always been great though.