Draft Grades

Acantha

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills drafted for need not for value. When you draft for need you overreach on some players...Manuel and Alonso and Goodwin.

C- is an appropriate grade.

Now in three years if anyone of the three happen, Manuel is playing like Cam, and Alonso is the next Urlacher or Goodwin is the next Bobby Hayes, that grade becomes and A+.

But for today and value at the time, the grade of C- is very fair.

Most of us like this draft class, because we like to drink Buddy's Kool-Aid.

If he's grading the same way he did in the past, his grades are based on how close teams are to picking his picks at or around the values he placed on them.

The draft gurus--like Kiper--shouldn't be allowed to grade drafts. Their grades are just going to be a reflection of their mocks.

Well doesn't that sort of make sense?

Are there any analysts that revisit and regrade three or more years after the draft?

There is someone who does this; I think Peter King maybe? I doubt it gets very many hits because who wants to talk about who had the best/worst draft in 2008 now?

The bills drafted for need not for value. When you draft for need you overreach on some players...Manuel and Alonso and Goodwin.

C- is an appropriate grade.

Now in three years if anyone of the three happen, Manuel is playing like Cam, and Alonso is the next Urlacher or Goodwin is the next Bobby Hayes, that grade becomes and A+.

But for today and value at the time, the grade of C- is very fair.

Most of us like this draft class, because we like to drink Buddy's Kool-Aid.

Most teams draft for need. That's the whole point of the draft. You need more players!!

They did trade down to get him. I guess you mean you wanted another trade down. Getting a 2nd round pick plus the QB they wanted makes this a good draft to me so far.

Sorry I should have clarified that. There were supposedly opportunities to move back into the 20's. I would have preferred that but again it is hindsight and I am happy with the pick.

Are there any analysts that revisit and regrade three or more years after the draft?

And admit their mistakes? Boy, you're crazy. Best thing about the sports media is zero accountability.

Every draft grade is an incomplete. But that doesn't generate headlines.

On NFL32, they ask Chris Mortenson where he thought the top7 QBs drafted would be in 5 years...his response was intriguing...he said on other teams. McSHay and Kiper were still trying to prop up the guys they were high on (Barkley and Nassib).

Nah. That is too boring for them and it does not increase there ratings. Who cares what happened 3-years ago. That is eternity in the NFL.

On NFL32, they ask Chris Mortenson where he thought the top7 QBs drafted would be in 5 years...his response was intriguing...he said on other teams. McSHay and Kiper were still trying to prop up the guys they were high on (Barkley and Nassib).

That would actually be pretty good for the class, if those 7 QBs manage to survive 5-years in this league.

Draft grades from the fist full of a**holes in the media mean absolutely nothing!! As evidenced by the draft, itself, year in and year out....and the war room cams I saw that showed how real football guys laugh at those schmucks!

If Manuel becomes the QB we want him to, this is an A+ draft.

As for Kiper and McSh*t, they are proof positive that there are idiots everywhere wanting to spend their money, so they may as well get their piece of the action.