Rd 6, Pick #177: K Dustin Hopkins - FSU

Boludo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the pick and would have been with happy with Sturgis or Hopkins. He is NOT a John Potter. Kid has a cannon for a leg and is accurate. The best way to sum it up is that i actually trusted him down here. You didn't expect him to miss, and it was a surprise when he did. Given the new coach, and the fact we spent a 6th on him, i'm guessing its his job to lose, not Lindell's. It'd be nice to have a kicker you trust from outside of 50.

I wonder if he'll wear his gold shoes in Buffalo? Also, IIRC, his little goofy clap/hop run-up on kickoffs is a muscle memory technique for his pre-kick routine, much like a pre-swing routine in golf.

Also, there was this, which i was at. That was one of the wildest finishes to a game i've ever seen, even before the final FG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spefBglOlNA

Points. Score points. Score more points than your foe and you win.

I'll all in favor of any Bill scoring points. He looks more automatic than Gary-the-B word-Anderson.

Sorry, I'm still bitter that he choked in preseason and Knox had to cut him. Bastage!

Points. Score points. Score more points than your foe and you win.

I'll all in favor of any Bill scoring points. He looks more automatic than Gary-the-B word-Anderson.

Sorry, I'm still bitter that he choked in preseason and Knox had to cut him. Bastage!

Gary missed all his kicks on purpose. He did not want to play in Buffalo.

I like the pick and would have been with happy with Sturgis or Hopkins. He is NOT a John Potter. Kid has a cannon for a leg and is accurate. The best way to sum it up is that i actually trusted him down here. You didn't expect him to miss, and it was a surprise when he did. Given the new coach, and the fact we spent a 6th on him, i'm guessing its his job to lose, not Lindell's. It'd be nice to have a kicker you trust from outside of 50.

I wonder if he'll wear his gold shoes in Buffalo? Also, IIRC, his little goofy clap/hop run-up on kickoffs is a muscle memory technique for his pre-kick routine, much like a pre-swing routine in golf.

Also, there was this, which i was at. That was one of the wildest finishes to a game i've ever seen, even before the final FG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spefBglOlNA

Goodness he crushed that ball!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input Ram... B-)

I'm so happy that we picked hopkins. I was at the fsu vs clemson game in 2010 when he kicked a fifty yard field goal to win at the end of the game in tallahassee. I'm also excited that we have powell, sanborn, bradham, sanders, manuel. These players were good in college

Noles fan here in Tally, but born and raised in Buffalo. I remember the kick. I love the pick. Go Bills & Noles !!!

@ByTimGraham

Michael Husted breaks down new Bills kicker Dustin Hopkins @HustedKicking http://bit.ly/160A6kr

The Buffalo Bills shouldn't have to worry about their place-kicking duties for the next several years, former NFL kicker Michael Husted said.

Michael Husted: "I was really impressed with his college career at Florida State. Everybody knew that he and Caleb Sturgis out of Florida would be the two guys that would most likely be drafted. I didn't really know where exactly. There were rumors the 49ers would draft a young guy to groom for the future even though they signed Phil Dawson. I think if [Hopkins] would have been around in the seventh round they would have done that.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz