Rd 6, Pick #177: K Dustin Hopkins - FSU

Boludo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the quote from EJ here.

Hopkins is so close to automatic that Manuel, who is the kicker’s hotel roommate for away games, said he doesn’t take any unnecessary chances once inside enemy territory.

“The goal is definitely to get six points,” Manuel said. “But, in my mind, if it’s third-and-18 and we’re in field-goal range, I don’t try to force anything. With Dustin, you’ve got points. Dustin is a guaranteed points kind of guy.”

Agreed, if he wins the kicking job he will likely have more impact than anybody else they could have picked in round 6 (yes, there are some great 6th round picks like Tom Brady, but by and large the odds of finding someone who makes your team for even a few years are pretty long).

No way! There was a starting guard or tight end just sitting there, I know it!

*Sigh* Well, I won't be turning handstand for getting a kicker, but with the sixth round, it's probably as impactful as we're going to get if the Bills really don't trust Lindell.

I suppose that's up to Coach Marrone.

I was at the Rams game last year, and I couldn't believe when Gailey pulled Lindell off the field at the 34 yard line.

I'm so happy that we picked hopkins. I was at the fsu vs clemson game in 2010 when he kicked a fifty yard field goal to win at the end of the game in tallahassee. I'm also excited that we have powell, sanborn, bradham, sanders, manuel. These players were good in college

Love the quote from EJ here.

Hopkins is so close to automatic that Manuel, who is the kicker’s hotel roommate for away games, said he doesn’t take any unnecessary chances once inside enemy territory.

“The goal is definitely to get six points,” Manuel said. “But, in my mind, if it’s third-and-18 and we’re in field-goal range, I don’t try to force anything. With Dustin, you’ve got points. Dustin is a guaranteed points kind of guy.”

Great stuff!!

Good pick Bills have needed a kicker for a least a couple of seasons now, Lindell use to be a guy who was excellent inside 40, very reliable 41-46, and able to make a field goal 47-52 a decent amount of the time. His range topped out in the early 50's. But now anything in the mid 40's is dicey and its almost impossible for the guy to hit 50. Having an accurate kicker who tops out at 50 yards is not a bad thing but Lindell is no longer that guy.

Where many games are decided by just a few points Hopkins is an excellent draft pick. We seemed to be at a disadvantage to many other NFL teams who would routinely kick 3 pts at 50 yards plus. Hopkins has proven he can do this in college. This is a huge pick up and the net result is we will now win more close games.

Great pick. I speculated in a thread during the week that Hopkins or Sturgis would be a great late round addition. Miami took Sturgis 10 picks ahead of us so it was wise to take Hopkins when we did. He would've been gone soon. Kicker is not appreciated in April but a great kicker is just huge during the season.

Great pick. I speculated in a thread during the week that Hopkins or Sturgis would be a great late round addition. Miami took Sturgis 10 picks ahead of us so it was wise to take Hopkins when we did. He would've been gone soon. Kicker is not appreciated in April but a great kicker is just huge during the season.

I think everyone's, surprisingly, appreciating it in April. It got a little pushback last week but not much, and essentially none now