Rd 3, Pick #78: WR Marquise Goodwin - Texas

boyst

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cheaper version of Tavon Austin . . . think of it this way, we got a Tavon-like player in the 3rd, and a QB in the 1st. Could be real fun!

Tavon look alike maybe but not Tavon. The dude touched the ball 33 times last year. Tavon does that in two games.

I don't agree. Austin is a football player that happens to be fast. Goodwin is a fast guy trying to play football

Boloney! He's got great hands, and versatile. That highlight reel at the 2:50 mark and that stop and go, he literally stopped, and then ran 25 yards to catch the ball in the end zone. You DO NOT see that everyday

A cheaper version of Tavon Austin . . . think of it this way, we got a Tavon-like player in the 3rd, and a QB in the 1st. Could be real fun!

This guy is to Tavon Austin as Kelvin Sheppard is to Ray Lewis

Every highlight is like 30+ yards...potential to be dangerous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViWLWmMA-Yo

He looks better than Graham.

I can't help but think that they have a specific role in mind for this guy in the new offense. I wonder if they intend to use him for those end around plays? Between Manuel, Spiller, and this guy, they can get a lot of misdirection going on that will demand some quick decisions from defenders.

Other than that though, I don't like the pick.

I don't agree. Austin is a football player that happens to be fast. Goodwin is a fast guy trying to play football

Except that is actually not true...because you dont know him doesnt mean he cant ball

Edited by Alphadawg7

I don't really like this pick either. But I'm excited to see what Hackett and Marrone cook up for us on the offense. It could be fun to watch if they use all the little pieces well.

Yeah it was a riot watching the team try to work in Parrish year after year until they finally gave up. Then chan tried for a few more years.

Except that is actually not true...because you dont know him doesnt mean he cant ball

Actually it is, I've seen him play many times. He's usually a non factor whereas Tavon is the whole offense and probably the most dynamic player in college. Goodwin is good at track though. He can long jump like a mofo

Beyond the obvious speed, what the Youtube video shows me is unusual field vision and elusiveness. He is clearly more than "just a track guy".

This ^^^^ But naysayers who havent heard of him hate him because they havent heard of him. Not one guy complaining actually is complaining over something they saw in a game, its over stats they just googled and about who they wanted instead.

Actually it is, I've seen him play many times. He's usually a non factor whereas Tavon is the whole offense and probably the most dynamic player in college. Goodwin is good at track though. He can long jump like a mofo

I saw him play several times too and I guess it was just coincidence cuz he wowed a bunch of times

Edited by Alphadawg7

FWIW, I wasn't crazy about the pick.

But after seeing the game highlights something jumped out that wasn't evident with TJ's highlights last year. This kid makes plays, and there is that second gear that makes people appreciate the speed. I never saw that in TJ's highlight reel and it obviously translated to his game in 2012.

Next concern was Goodwin's size. 5'8" 180 lbs is a bit of a liability in NFL. But the kid has a stocky build that I don't think would get snapped like Roscoe did every time he took a hit.

So, in conclusion, I'm ok with the pick