2 Picks in the second

NoSaint

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a lot of good players left. They could still get two solid starters in round 2.

At WR I like Woods, Hunter and Allen

At LB I like Minter and Brown.

Add in the fact Teo is still on the board, Hunt and Carradine at DE, Watson and Banks at CB plus Menelik Watson and the QBs (Geno, Barkley, Nassib) and the Bills could likely get two of the guys above.

http://www.drafttek....raft-Round2.asp

We are updating the Draftsim after every pick. We are also getting comments from our analysts within 5 minutes of the pick. Do drop in! I like these picks, but would substitute one pick for the alternate suggestion on the right.

Astro

We are updating the Draftsim after every pick. We are also getting comments from our analysts within 5 minutes of the pick. Do drop in! I like these picks, but would substitute one pick for the alternate suggestion on the right.

Astro

Can you give me some insight on Jon Bostic? I'd love him in the 3rd. Animal in the hole w/a true aold school LB demeanor, IMHO

We think the picks before our next one will be Carradine, Hunt, Geno, Arthur Brown, Cyprien, Bray, Okafor, Damontre Moore.

Astro - where do you see Swope going?? Any thoughts on Bills getting him??

Edit: Oops, just looked at Round 3...thanks.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Astro

If that happens the Bills will have had an AMAZING draft. Let's hope!

I don't see the Bills starting Manuel right away. I think he will take some time to develop. I expect Kolb to be the starter at least to begin the season.

I also expect the Bills to sign Dansby, who can play both ILB and OLB in a 3-4 and MLB and OLB in a 4-3. That's what makes him so valuable......and he's very durable to boot!! Pettine likes guys like Dansby because he can change his defensive scheme on the fly without making substitutions. He can really help us.

Our biggest needs are at CB, WR, LB, and TE.

CB: We have Gilmore, but need a better cover CB as our #2. We MUST get better here to allow Pettine to run his defense effectively. Ideally, we could use TWO new CBs.

WR: We have SJ (plus Graham/Easley/B. Smith/Dickerson) so we need at least one WR. Ideally, we could use TWO new WRs.

LB: At OLB, we have Ma. Williams/Lawson/M. Anderson/Dowtin. We could certainly use another pass rushing OLB, but that may not be possible. At ILB, if we sign Dansby then we have Dansby and Bradham (who I think could really break out this year) plus Sheppard. Another ILB would be nice.

TE: We have Chandler recovering from knee surgery and L. Smith. This is a big need, but is it as important as the other needs. Could we fill this need by adding a vet FA and then drafting a TE in R6 or R7??

I would propose to have the Bills sign ILB Dansby and do the following with the seven picks that we have:

1. CB - R2a

2. WR - R2b

3. Pass rushing OLB - R3

4. WR - R4

5. QB - R5

6. TE - R6

7. CB - R7

41 - Woods

46 - Ertz

then immediately sign Dansby

If we sign Dansby I agree and would be stoked!!! If not, Arthur Brown and then BPA at WR or TE (think we can get more value at WR in the 3rd).

I LOVE THE TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!!! Thank you Buddy for leaving us with your best move yet!!! I thought you were ready for the old age home!!!

41 - Woods

46 - Ertz

then immediately sign Dansby

I think that's a good idea. If a quarterback like Barkley is still available in the 3rd round, I say you pick him up with our 3rd round pick.

what i like is that if we go Ertz, and say Cyprien or a CB or WR, and sign dansby.... we can take a boom or bust guy at 3 or 4. lattimore, honey badger, or DaRick Rodgers for instance.

Edited by NoSaint

Bills' candidates for 41 and 46: http://www.wgr550.com/pages/16167326.php

After reading that link, I can't wait for tonight. Regardless of where we go, we are gonna score BIG!!! I'm so excited---the options are all wonderful. THE TRADE DOWN RULES!!!! My favorite pick by Buddy--the trade down. Brilliant!!! Thank you St. Louis---made us better and screwed the Jets at the same time!

Kiper has us taking Hunter and Lacy with our 2 picks in his 2nd round mock posted today... Why in the world would we take Lacy??? We have CJ, Freddy and even Choice is a "solid" 3rd RB and RB is easiest position to find mid to late round wonders.

With us using our first on Manuel, who may not start from day 1, we desperately NEED 2 STARTERS with these 2 picks.. Hunter would be a great compliment to SJ13 on other side. Kid is HUGE and can fly, is deep threat we need.

With no other QB;s going in 1st, i could easily see 2 possibly 3 QB's going in first half of 2nd round. Meaning, we could easily get our highest rated player cuz obviously Qb;s coming off board ahead of us, has no effect on our big board.

I'm really hoping we snag a WR with 1 of 2 picks and either a LB, DB or Ertz if he's out there. I'd love to see Ertz and Hunter in a Bills uniform working with Manuel, CJ, SJ13 and co..

Here's to a great day 2!

GO BILLS!