D. Milliner then Nasib?

What if we took Milliner at 8 if still there, then Nasib in the second round? I see us shoring up our defense quickly with a secod lock down corner opposite Gilmore, we'd have Byrd as well, and front line who can create damage with proper scheming from Pettine. As all of you know Pettine's defense are predicated on lock down corners and a front that can punish. He's basically had serviceable ILB at the Jets, and really have to back to R. Lewis for a real impact guy on the Ravens.

Nasal will still be there in the second most likely and would have excellent knowledge of Marrone's offense.

Just a thought guys, but tell me your thoughts.

I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Nassib is there for us in the 2nd. Every other team in the league knows that Marrone coached the kid and if we don't take a QB in the first and there aren't many options left for solid potential franchise QBs then anyone picking in the top 7 ahead of us will either pick up their own QBs or trade out of their picks with a team that would want to juno ahead of Buffalo so they could get the QB they want.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130421/SPORTS/130429832/two-bills-drive-1004

Some good points in the linked article.

The Bills own the eighth pick in the first round and the 41st pick in the second round. Teams with a need at quarterback beside the Bills include Philadelphia, the New York Jets, Jacksonville and Arizona.

Jacksonville owns picks No. 2 and 33. Philadelphia owns No. 4 and 35. The Jets own No. 9 and 39. Arizona owns No. 7 and 38. They all pick ahead of the Bills in the second round.

Will it never end? The worst thing that the Bills can do is waste yet another top draft selection on another fefensive back (or of course running back).

Look at Tampa Bay. There is a reason that they are bad. They seem about to devote more than 10% of their cap space to a corner. To the jets credit, they are trying to dump Revis, his holdout threats, his injury, and his ridiculous salary.

Teams play 4 and 5 wide sets these days. A corner, no matter who he is, can only cover 1 wideout. I think that the days of wasting money and high draft resources are coming to a grinding halt. Hopefully, the Bills are not stupid enough to repeat the same mistake that has played a HUGE role in the team losing just so many football games.

But you never know.

i understand the value of a great cb, but i just do not subscribe to practice of using high picks on them. i'm just a firm believer that if you have a bunch of talented guys and you can only pick one, go with qbs, big guys that kill qbs, big guys that protect qbs, or guys that score lots of touchdowns.

I hope we take an offensive lineman in the 1st, and I hope to God we don't take Nassib in the 2nd...he looks very average. I don't care if Marrone knows him well. I don't see him going until round 3...I think people are crazy wanting to trade back into the first or even spend a 2nd on him.

I think the Jets are higher on Millner, especially now that Revis is gone. If this is accurate, I have no idea if it is but..it raises interesting questions, would the Bills take an exta pick off their division rival and allow them to pick the guy they want? Would the Bills take Millner out of spite? Would the Jets make a deal with Detroit to make sure they got Millner? Cant wait for the draft, this is very cool.

Edited by agardin

i understand the value of a great cb, but i just do not subscribe to practice of using high picks on them. i'm just a firm believer that if you have a bunch of talented guys and you can only pick one, go with qbs, big guys that kill qbs, big guys that protect qbs, or guys that score lots of touchdowns.

Or guys that stop others from scoring TDs...

Will it never end? The worst thing that the Bills can do is waste yet another top draft selection on another fefensive back (or of course running back).

Look at Tampa Bay. There is a reason that they are bad. They seem about to devote more than 10% of their cap space to a corner. To the jets credit, they are trying to dump Revis, his holdout threats, his injury, and his ridiculous salary.

Teams play 4 and 5 wide sets these days. A corner, no matter who he is, can only cover 1 wideout. I think that the days of wasting money and high draft resources are coming to a grinding halt. Hopefully, the Bills are not stupid enough to repeat the same mistake that has played a HUGE role in the team losing just so many football games.

But you never know.

I think it matters not...

Milliner will go before #8...

And for that matter Nassib will go before #41...So...IMHO, and no offense to the OP, this thread is basically a pipe dream... B-)

Except that the Jets won a few playoff games and got to the conference championship twice recently because of Revis and their defense and their offense, or lack there of, let them down.

Exactly

I hope we take an offensive lineman in the 1st, and I hope to God we don't take Nassib in the 2nd...he looks very average. I don't care if Marrone knows him well. I don't see him going until round 3...I think people are crazy wanting to trade back into the first or even spend a 2nd on him.

In the second??? I'm getting more and more concerned they are going to take Nasdib or Barkley at 8

Except that the Jets won a few playoff games and got to the conference championship twice recently because of Revis and their defense and their offense, or lack there of, let them down.

That isn't really a solid argument for drafting a CB inside the top 10 two years in a row though.

CBs are typically selected that high in the draft due to their potential ability to man-cover WRs. Selecting two CBs that high in a very short span either means a team is planning for the likelihood that one of the CBs does not pan out(no team really has the luxury to do this at any postion)......or is indeed trying to stock their roster with 2 star man-cover CBs.

As nearly all teams do not have two star WRs.....this would mean that having two star man-cover CBs is a luxury position to be in. Filling luxury positions on a team before positions of need seems to me to be a good way to go nowhere.

A bit like spending money/time on tweaking a racing car's engine when it has bad tires. It might improve in certain statistics(straight line speed etc)......but is never going to win a race.

Edited by Dibs