Best mock draft yet

BILLS #1

I live in Charlotte NC where there's a ton of NC State grads. They became ultra disappointed with Glennon because he can sling it, but rarely did. They said he's a checkdown machine that gets very antsy in the pocket way too soon. I know this means absolutely nothing but to me he looks like a big goofball.

I live in Richmond, VA & don't know any NC State fans, but I have the Internet & can watch him just like they do & I don't entirely agree w/ that assessment.

When protection breaks down you're supposed to check down & NC State had a weak O-line. Glennon made a lot of big plays down the field & a lot of key throws that were dropped by sorry receivers. His lack of mobility is a concern, but there's a lot to like about this kid.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to learn that we have an above average offensive line, considering we don't know who is on it.

If we take that receiver first we will continue our oh so successful strategy of drafting guys who return kicks. No one beats the Bills at that.

I feel like we will go offense with our 1st round pick because of all the resources we got last year defensively via the draft.

Round 1- WR Tavon Austin - Look he is the most electrifying player in the draft, i dont care what his height is. If Ansah and Jordan are gone we take this guy hands down. Him and spiller on the field at the same time with Stevie is pretty sweet.

Round 2 - LB Arthur Brown - Dude could be a steal here he is projected a late 1st . He would thrive in Pettine's system and could be our ILB for years to come. One of my favorite players in this draft.

Round 3- QB Mike Glennon - He is the reason Russel Wilson transferred to Wisconsin. This QB can make all the NFL throws. Yes he isnt mobile. Yes he is slow. But who cares? We have an above average offensive line, this guy can sling it. At 6'7 he has an advantage on defenders when it comes to getting to football to receivers.

Round 4 - TE Vance McDonald - He is big guy at 6'4 267. He ran a 4.6. He needs to be polished in blocking and route running but he has great hands and also could be a huge steal here. If chandler is healthy he and mcdonald can make a good combo in 2 TE sets.

Round 5 - OG David Quessenberry- Now who wouldn't want to buy this guys jersey? Anyways. He is very athletic for his size and had great combine numbers. Also He can play multiple positions on the O Line and we need guard help.

Round 6- CB Demetrius McCray - Tall, Long , Lanky, corner who reminds me of the sherman type. Meaning how underrated he is. His tackling needs improvement Has potential to be a starter down the line.

not bad, almost as good as mine B-)

We're going QB at #8. Bank it.

Doubt it.

I like your draft, but I'll take J.C. Tretter in RD6, the guard from Cornell. The Bills like him a lot and have been talking to him.

We'll still need a big WR, but the Bills might have him later. Another way:

1-Tavon Austin WRS West Virginia

2-Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

3-Brandon Williams DT34 Missouri Southern

4-Nico Johnson ILB Alabama

5-Marcus Davis WRF Virginia Tech

6-J.C. Tretter OG Cornell

Brandon Williams is a beast :thumbsup:

The Bills don't have a quarterback. You can't win in the NFL without one. That's pretty clear now.

We got Kolb relax, if he blows this year we can get a real one next year, no use wasting a pick on a QB just to say you got one.

The consensus amongst the NFL experts is that there isn't a QB worthy of the #8 pick overall. Thus, I don't think Nix will reach for a QB at #8. I see things unfolding like this for the Bills: If a player they really like and who fills a need falls to #8 (say Milliner or Jordan) they make a selection. Otherwise, I see the Bills trading down in R1 to add more picks to fill needs. By R2 though I expect the Bills to select a QB, either at #41 or somewhere in between #8 and #41. I happen think the Bills have their eyes on two QBs.......Barkley and Nassib and would dearly like to select one of them.

Disagree...What does consensus mean here with regards to the so called NFL experts or talking heads. If the Bills truly believe they will pick a possible Franchise QB, they are going to get him at #8 if he is available. They are not going to put themselves in a position where they have to trade back into the 1st round to get their guy. They will simply play their board and pick the BPA in Rd 2 and 3 to fill their open holes at G, LB and/or TE.

The Bills lost out last year by waiting too long hoping to draft Russel Wilson....They lost out when they couldn't trade up before the Steelers to get Ben Rothelisberger. I just hope they don't do the *waiting* game again

not bad, almost as good as mine B-)

Doubt it.

Brandon Williams is a beast :thumbsup:

We got Kolb relax, if he blows this year we can get a real one next year, no use wasting a pick on a QB just to say you got one.

The probability of finding a Franchise QB in next years draft is the same as finding a franchise QB in this years draft. There are no guarantees and even if there are QBs like Luck available next year, there is no guaratee that the Bills will have the top three pick to pick those QBs.

Switch out Austin for Patterson and this draft will look much better!

Austin is a 5' 7" midget who will get crushed in the NFL. Patterson is a one year wonder. After being bit by Aaron Maybin 1-year wonder, I will pass. The Bills have plenty of choices on WR later in this draft.

The consensus amongst the NFL experts is that there isn't a QB worthy of the #8 pick overall. Thus, I don't think Nix will reach for a QB at #8.

Who are these "NFL experts" you speak of? Surely not the talking heads on TV? The only people that matter in this process are the guys that are on the payroll of an NFL team. And when those guys get on camera this time of year, they lie.

The draft proposed by the OP looks pretty good, but I don't like it because to me for this draft to be a success we need to obtain the best possible QB. Namely, Nassib, Barkley or Manuel. QB finally needs to be more of a priority if the Bills ever hope to compete for a playoff spot.

I am hoping for Patterson at #1, and a QB #2.

I would also be fine if they had to trade up into the later first round for their QB, Ryan Nassib or whoever.

Of course, I don't know anything about anything, so it is all a crap-shoot! :w00t:

Few, if any quarterback prospect, possesses the functional arm strength of Glennon.

He has the best NFL arm in the draft and reminds me a lot of Joe flacco and Phillip Rivers. Setting up a deep ball? No need, Glennon can get the ball vertical on the outside or down the seam without issue.

Where Glennon really sets himself apart from others in the class is his ability to change velocity and trajectory when throwing the deep ball.

If his receiver is running free he knows how to get the ball out there and allow his receiver to run underneath it, and if it is in a tight window he knows how to and can put zip on the ball.

Nix knows he wont be a 1st round qb to teams. So thats why i say take him in the 3rd or maybe trade up to the late 2nd

I feel like we will go offense with our 1st round pick because of all the resources we got last year defensively via the draft.

Round 1- WR Tavon Austin - Look he is the most electrifying player in the draft, i dont care what his height is. If Ansah and Jordan are gone we take this guy hands down. Him and spiller on the field at the same time with Stevie is pretty sweet.

Round 2 - LB Arthur Brown - Dude could be a steal here he is projected a late 1st . He would thrive in Pettine's system and could be our ILB for years to come. One of my favorite players in this draft.

Round 3- QB Mike Glennon - He is the reason Russel Wilson transferred to Wisconsin. This QB can make all the NFL throws. Yes he isnt mobile. Yes he is slow. But who cares? We have an above average offensive line, this guy can sling it. At 6'7 he has an advantage on defenders when it comes to getting to football to receivers.

Round 4 - TE Vance McDonald - He is big guy at 6'4 267. He ran a 4.6. He needs to be polished in blocking and route running but he has great hands and also could be a huge steal here. If chandler is healthy he and mcdonald can make a good combo in 2 TE sets.

Round 5 - OG David Quessenberry- Now who wouldn't want to buy this guys jersey? Anyways. He is very athletic for his size and had great combine numbers. Also He can play multiple positions on the O Line and we need guard help.

Round 6- CB Demetrius McCray - Tall, Long , Lanky, corner who reminds me of the sherman type. Meaning how underrated he is. His tackling needs improvement Has potential to be a starter down the line.

I like, but Glennon is not lasting til 3rd round.

Biggest need on this team right now is WR. Lets give Kolb a chance by giving him some targets.

Austin looks good at #8. I agree that a LB in R2 makes sense. I'm not keen on Glennon in R3. Would prefer to take either TE or CB in R3. If Kolb fails we get a high R1 pick in 2014 to draft our QB of the future (Johnny Football anyone).

Biggest need on this team right now is WR. Lets give Kolb a chance by giving him some targets.

Austin looks good at #8. I agree that a LB in R2 makes sense. I'm not keen on Glennon in R3. Would prefer to take either TE or CB in R3. If Kolb fails we get a high R1 pick in 2014 to draft our QB of the future (Johnny Football anyone).

Agreed brother. Except that glennon is the real deal