Best mock draft yet

BILLS #1

I feel like we will go offense with our 1st round pick because of all the resources we got last year defensively via the draft.

Round 1- WR Tavon Austin - Look he is the most electrifying player in the draft, i dont care what his height is. If Ansah and Jordan are gone we take this guy hands down. Him and spiller on the field at the same time with Stevie is pretty sweet.

Round 2 - LB Arthur Brown - Dude could be a steal here he is projected a late 1st . He would thrive in Pettine's system and could be our ILB for years to come. One of my favorite players in this draft.

Round 3- QB Mike Glennon - He is the reason Russel Wilson transferred to Wisconsin. This QB can make all the NFL throws. Yes he isnt mobile. Yes he is slow. But who cares? We have an above average offensive line, this guy can sling it. At 6'7 he has an advantage on defenders when it comes to getting to football to receivers.

Round 4 - TE Vance McDonald - He is big guy at 6'4 267. He ran a 4.6. He needs to be polished in blocking and route running but he has great hands and also could be a huge steal here. If chandler is healthy he and mcdonald can make a good combo in 2 TE sets.

Round 5 - OG David Quessenberry- Now who wouldn't want to buy this guys jersey? Anyways. He is very athletic for his size and had great combine numbers. Also He can play multiple positions on the O Line and we need guard help.

Round 6- CB Demetrius McCray - Tall, Long , Lanky, corner who reminds me of the sherman type. Meaning how underrated he is. His tackling needs improvement Has potential to be a starter down the line.

Edited by BILLS #1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like we will go offense with our 1st round pick because of all the resources we got last year defensively via the draft.

Round 1- WR Tavon Austin - Look he is the most electrifying player in the draft, i dont care what his height is. If Ansah and Jordan are gone we take this guy hands down. Him and spiller on the field at the same time with Stevie is pretty sweet.

Round 2 - LB Arthur Brown - Dude could be a steal here he is projected a late 1st . He would thrive in Pettine's system and could be our ILB for years to come. One of my favorite players in this draft.

Round 3- QB Mike Glennon - He is the reason Russel Wilson transferred to Wisconsin. This QB can make all the NFL throws. Yes he isnt mobile. Yes he is slow. But who cares? We have an above average offensive line, this guy can sling it. At 6'7 he has an advantage on defenders when it comes to getting to football to receivers.

Round 4 - TE Vance McDonald - He is big guy at 6'4 267. He ran a 4.6. He needs to be polished in blocking and route running but he has great hands and also could be a huge steal here. If chandler is healthy he and mcdonald can make a good combo in 2 TE sets.

Round 5 - OG David Quessenberry- Now who wouldn't want to buy this guys jersey? Anyways. He is very athletic for his size and had great combine numbers. Also He can play multiple positions on the O Line and we need guard help.

Round 6- CB Demetrius McCray - Tall, Long , Lanky, corner who reminds me of the sherman type. Meaning how underrated he is. His tackling needs improvement Has potential to be a starter down the line.

I think you need to change the subject line because it's incorrect. If the Bills aren't taking the best QB of the draft, then the draft is essentially a failure. It's patently obvious that the lack of a QB is killing this team. Waiting until round 3 is a loser strategy that will ensure more losing.

I wouldn't hate it. I just don't see us bypassing a QB in rd 1 in order to take one in rd 3. Take the QB you like most IMO. If they aren't find of any QBs at 8, I'm ok with tavon. He might be the best open field runner on the planet. Landing arthur brown in rd 2 is a pipe dream IMO. I think he's gone 18-30. I don't like glennon because he can't move. I love his arm. If he's there in rd 3 and we haven't addressed QB, I don't mind it. Love McDonald in rd 4 and don't know about the other 2.

We're going QB at #8. Bank it.

Agreed

I like your draft, but I'll take J.C. Tretter in RD6, the guard from Cornell. The Bills like him a lot and have been talking to him.

We'll still need a big WR, but the Bills might have him later. Another way:

1-Tavon Austin WRS West Virginia

2-Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

3-Brandon Williams DT34 Missouri Southern

4-Nico Johnson ILB Alabama

5-Marcus Davis WRF Virginia Tech

6-J.C. Tretter OG Cornell

I like your draft, but I'll take J.C. Tretter in RD6, the guard from Cornell. The Bills like him a lot and have been talking to him.

2-Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

If you really believe that Nassib is the QB to get, why would you EVER prioritize a 5'8" WR and run the risk of losing out on the QB you want?? Doesn't your draftek system recognize that you can't win in the NFL without a good QB? There is a reason they are "overvalued." Stop the madness!!

Edited by dave mcbride

Glennon, NOOOOOOOO!

The consensus amongst the NFL experts is that there isn't a QB worthy of the #8 pick overall. Thus, I don't think Nix will reach for a QB at #8. I see things unfolding like this for the Bills: If a player they really like and who fills a need falls to #8 (say Milliner or Jordan) they make a selection. Otherwise, I see the Bills trading down in R1 to add more picks to fill needs. By R2 though I expect the Bills to select a QB, either at #41 or somewhere in between #8 and #41. I happen think the Bills have their eyes on two QBs.......Barkley and Nassib and would dearly like to select one of them.

I think Nassib in the second is fine. However if we are going to do that then I would prefer someone like Ogletree or Vacarro at 8. No one should spend a top 10 pick on a player that is a slot guy because they arent gonna be on the field every down. That is the only reason we shouldnt go after Tavon in this draft.

Edited by bufffan031

I think Nassib in the second is fine. However if we are going to do that then I would prefer someone like Ogletree or Vacarro at 8. No one should spend a top 10 pick on a player that is a slot guy because they arent gonna be on the field every down. That is the only reason we shouldnt go after Tavon in this draft.

The Bills don't have a quarterback. You can't win in the NFL without one. That's pretty clear now.

I live in Charlotte NC where there's a ton of NC State grads. They became ultra disappointed with Glennon because he can sling it, but rarely did. They said he's a checkdown machine that gets very antsy in the pocket way too soon. I know this means absolutely nothing but to me he looks like a big goofball.

Edited by Triple Threat

The title is "Best Mock Yet" and you want the guy at #8 that will lead me to re-think my 42 year die-hard dedication to the Buffalo Bills...

So I'm thinking not so much... :P

Austin is a very interesting prospect and a great College WR...He's also 5-8-174...Just because Wes Welker has done it catching passes from one of the greatest QB's of all time does not mean whatsoever that Austin is going to do the same thing in the NFL...In fact the odds are not in his favor...The Bills have bigger needs than a smurf-slot WR anyway...No matter what his potential is...There are going to be a slew of prospects that could help the Bills in the 1st Round of this Draft...And certainly Austin will be one of them...But you can't Draft them all...And taking Austin, IMHO, is a massive gamble at #8...And a gamble this team cannot afford whatsoever at this time...

If the Bills take Austin I hope like hell I'm wrong...I do admit it would be par for the course with Buddy...It would not surprise me at all...It would just piss me off... B-)

No matter what we need to find a way to get three picks in the first two rounds. There's no other way around it. Preferably I'd like my order to be Austin in the first, Nassib at 41st overall, then a trade up for Arthur Brown.

2-Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

Astro,

Any idea how many of the Bills draft picks in the Nix era have been hosted on pre-draft visits?

I heard, most of the top picks - but can't confirm

Interestingly, we didn't host Austin or Woods for pre-draft visits. Wondering if this means we just aren't interested

If the Bills think Glennon is the best QB of the draft, then they should take him at 8. Screw what the draft guides say - the team doesn't have a QB!! Waiting is a fool's strategy.

I don't see why this concept is so difficult for many people to grasp.

All it takes is for one other team to rate the player the same for us to miss out......assuming the rating is that of legitimate 1st round potential.