Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is ESPN's coverage of his pro day. At the 51 second mark, I believe you can see Buddy Nix in the background.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9053151/2013-nfl-draft-geno-smith-60-64-passing-west-virginia-mountaineers-pro-day

I'm so sick of not having a QB. I understand there is likely some risk with this guy but it's time to roll the dice to get a QB. We will not be a playoff team without a high caliber QB prospect. I'd be willing to trade this year's first round pick and next year's if that's what it takes. We're not going to suck bad enough to get Manziel next year so that's off the table. We'll be in the exact same position; picking 9th or something where you can't get get the highest caliber QB in the draft. Buddy, it's time to take a gamble and give up some of the draft picks you so covet. Get this guy! Period.

Looks like Arizona did not attend the WVU pro day. It will be telling if they go to Barkley's/USC. Although at this stage in the game every team is sending out a lot of misdirection.

I think their absence is a smoke screen. It really would be silly to completely rule-out any player if you have the 7th pick of the draft. It's either they're being unprofessional or it's misdirections.

I don't think there is all that much difference in the potential of Geno Smith and a handful of other guys out there. This is one year where there simply is no QB prospect who is clearly a future high quality NFL starter. Which means that this is the one year you don't want to go for broke to get a QB. The difference between the top rated guy and the fifth rated guy just isn't all that big. I have no problem with accepting next year as a rebuilding year where we have a better chance at the No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft than we do of making the playoffs in 2013. A guy with lots of potential, I personally like Matt Scott, in the second or third round is fine with me. Trading up to get a guy who would go in the third round in any other draft and missing out on on top talent like Cordarrelle Patterson or Dion Jordan would be a big mistake. As for those who are in a panic over the QB situation, face reality, we have a new set of coaches, we are clearing out the deadwood and starting over, 2013 is not a playoff year.

Can't do it, Nassib and Syracuse beat him twice and made him look bad.

is this how the scouts work? disregard the perfect accuracy and every other aspect? 96td's 21int's career.............get er done asap.

no one cares about WVU's terrible O-line and Defense.

Have any of you guys thought about trading up in front of the Raiders to get Geno? Thoughts?

yes all in baby........trade up to 2.........Geno's gonna be solid out of the gate IMO............skillset looks perfect.

Why do people waste their time clicking on a newly created topic just to point out that its already being discussed in another thread?...friggin' weirdos!

The mods will adjust as they see fit.

Chinese water torture (seeing the same thread on the same topic over and over) makes guys do weird things.

I think their absence is a smoke screen. It really would be silly to completely rule-out any player if you have the 7th pick of the draft. It's either they're being unprofessional or it's misdirections.

It is possible that they didn't attend to make teams behind them feel like they don't need to trade up in front of AZ to get Geno. All I know is I love the pre-draft period because I get to use the term 'smokescreen' so frequently.