Explosions at the boston marathon

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so how long do you keep a city like boston on full lockdown for a 19 year old thats essentially armed with whatever he can carry, unless we assume he had access to some stash?

Probably through the night, in this case. If he's smart (which he seems to be) he's laying low through the day, and waiting for night time to try to break any cordon they've put around him (which actually isn't all that smart...the tech the police have let them own the night, I'd expect he'd have a slightly better chance in daylight).

Of course, if he were REALLY smart, he'd stand in the middle of the street naked and surrender - it's about the only chance he has of coming out of this alive. He's probably not that concerned with survival, though...completely different mindset than we have).

The main reason to do so isn't because he's armed and dangerous, but because he's loose. Fewer people on the streets and in public places means much less chance of a hostage situation (ending with him dying, and probably others), and far fewer distractions (i.e. civilians) in trying to look for him.

And one more thing to note: this is going to have an interesting influence on the "civilian drone" debate. The superficial argument will be that "The police had trouble catching him, they need better surveillance!" The more subtle observation is that the coordinated abilities law enforcement is already showing are intimidating as hell, even being well-used as they are. God help us if they're ever ill-used.

http://www.mediaite....ou-do-the-math/

:rolleyes:

What a !@#$ing moron.

“I’m used to being set up,” she continued. “Before I left former Soviet Union countries, that’s how I lived.”

“I am a Chechen. I have to prove myself twice – triple times more than Kyrgyz or Kazakh who live on their own land,” Tsarnaev said.

Moron by our terms. If you were a Chechen fighting the Russians, and at constant odds with the Kyrgyzs and Kazakhs (and probably Persians, Arabs, Armenians, Georgians, and a few others), that makes perfect sense, and we're the morons.

Americans - and Canadians - are insulated by two oceans and a polyglot history that goes back 200 years, to the point where we don't understand how a good chunk of the rest of the world thinks according to tribes, clans, and races. Even Europe - the current 70 years of peace is an aberration in a long history of tribal and racial violence - an aberration in no small part due to the ethnic cleansing that took place immediately after World War II.

You have GOT to check out infowar.com!

Beautiful site. But rense.com is where I turn for all my wacky news.

They have lots of links to Iranian news sites...Iran's reporting 70 deaths in the Marathon, last I read, and accusing the US of covering them up.

new reports saying they didnt rob the convenience store as mentioned in this thread - they were just in the neighborhood when that happened to be going on

Not sure about the robbery but the surveillance camera photo from that convenience store is still being used as him, and CNN just had an eye witness to the kid who knew him from the neighborhood said that was the picture that made him know it was him. Who knows though, obviously.

The conspiracy theorists are coming out for this one. I've heard many comments around the office that this seems "fishy". How do the police prove that they were in a shootout with these two and that they were armed to the teeth? The one thing that I am hearing is: "there is no proof!"

And in this day of "can you trust the media/government?" it's hard not to blame them for wanting more information.

The conspiracy theorists are coming out for this one. I've heard many comments around the office that this seems "fishy". How do the police prove that they were in a shootout with these two and that they were armed to the teeth? The one thing that I am hearing is: "there is no proof!"

And in this day of "can you trust the media/government?" it's hard not to blame them for wanting more information.

15 officers went to the hospital and theres a dead suspect who they have on tape dropping a backpack at the site of the bombing.... did they want hi-def footage of the actual shootout?

15 officers went to the hospital and theres a dead suspect who they have on tape dropping a backpack at the site of the bombing.... did they want hi-def footage of the actual shootout?

And the FBI has the guy who they carjacked the Mercedes SUV from, who says they told him they were the Boston Marathon Bombers.

The conspirists won't be happy until they see the actual footage of him dropping the bag and the actual shootout. Remember, any shade of grey and they're going to scream "conspiracy!" and "False Flag!"

My only confusion is that if you follow the 19 year old's twitter account and talk to his classmates, he doesn't fit the profile of "angry Muslim". I really want to know what drove him to possibly do this....

The conspirists won't be happy until they see the actual footage of him dropping the bag and the actual shootout. Remember, any shade of grey and they're going to scream "conspiracy!" and "False Flag!"

My only confusion is that if you follow the 19 year old's twitter account and talk to his classmates, he doesn't fit the profile of "angry Muslim". I really want to know what drove him to possibly do this....

Breaking now is his brother was interviewed by the FBI for extremist views 2 years ago, but cleared - would a crazy big bro away him?

Also, him with the bag and leaving the bag is out there.

Edited by NoSaint

Probably through the night, in this case. If he's smart (which he seems to be) he's laying low through the day, and waiting for night time to try to break any cordon they've put around him (which actually isn't all that smart...the tech the police have let them own the night, I'd expect he'd have a slightly better chance in daylight).

Of course, if he were REALLY smart, he'd stand in the middle of the street naked and surrender - it's about the only chance he has of coming out of this alive. He's probably not that concerned with survival, though...completely different mindset than we have).

The main reason to do so isn't because he's armed and dangerous, but because he's loose. Fewer people on the streets and in public places means much less chance of a hostage situation (ending with him dying, and probably others), and far fewer distractions (i.e. civilians) in trying to look for him.

And one more thing to note: this is going to have an interesting influence on the "civilian drone" debate. The superficial argument will be that "The police had trouble catching him, they need better surveillance!" The more subtle observation is that the coordinated abilities law enforcement is already showing are intimidating as hell, even being well-used as they are. God help us if they're ever ill-used.

First off, thanks for this insightful post and to the many others throughout this thread. Seriously, OTW is bringing it on this and it's much appreciated by folks like me.

EDIT: In light of reading some of the newer posts about conspiracies I'd like to emphasize I am in no way trying to lump the following thought nugget into a vast conspiracy of any kind.

As for your last paragraph here I think you're 100% correct, this is a huge boon for those in the pro-drone camp. I don't doubt it will be referenced during that oncoming debate many, many times. The other thing I'd add to that is how much the intelligence gathered from social media apparently hastened the efforts of all the agencies involved in the investigation.

The impact that blue ribbon is going to have in our ongoing fight for privacy should send off some alarm bells for those of us who feel we're already in dangerous territory on that front.

Moron by our terms. If you were a Chechen fighting the Russians, and at constant odds with the Kyrgyzs and Kazakhs (and probably Persians, Arabs, Armenians, Georgians, and a few others), that makes perfect sense, and we're the morons.

Americans - and Canadians - are insulated by two oceans and a polyglot history that goes back 200 years, to the point where we don't understand how a good chunk of the rest of the world thinks according to tribes, clans, and races. Even Europe - the current 70 years of peace is an aberration in a long history of tribal and racial violence - an aberration in no small part due to the ethnic cleansing that took place immediately after World War II.

Yup. Pretty much how I took it when I saw the press conference.

Edited by We Come In Peace

He sure loves the sticky-icky. Maybe that's just a front. I don't know.

And don't forget about the others that even if this level of "proof" existed and were provided would say, "Too convenient! It's proof of a coverup because all the evidential trail was made and provided by the government."