Article: "The Kolb Delusion"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...Like I've said here before I don't think the Kolb signing changes a thing as far as the Bills looking for a QB early in the 2013 Draft...All it does is give them some insurance and a little flexibility in case things do not unfold exactly like they planned... B-)

I'm sure the contract and their handling of Kolb will reflect the Bills' own skepticism of his ability to seize the job for the next few years. If he continues to be indecisive, he will be gone. I read another article about how the Cardinals' offense had a lot of 7 step drops and that Kolb's ##s could improve with shorter drops and throws. I'm not optimistic about anything and will believe it when I see it.

http://www.sportsone...rticle/44196622

Interesting banter from a former Football Outsiders writer about Kolb, Fitz, and other scrubs...

Best qb-related article I've read in a long time. Thanks for finding and sharing. Not that my opinion matters, but I think this should be linked to on the TBD main page.

It makes the point I've been making: when salary is factored out, Fitzpatrick is better than Kolb (who sucks). The Bills, because of a terrible contract handed out by Nix, were forced to downgrade an already bad QB situation.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Bills will take a QB at #8. The present situation is untenable.

Edited by dave mcbride

The point how the other cardinals QBs had a lower percentage of sacks was a little depressing, cant blame it all on the line when the other guys didnt get sacked like Kolb.

Yup. And once you start getting sacked too much, as a qb, you become damaged mentally. He's the qb equivalent of a traumatized child.

Yup. And once you start getting sacked too much, as a qb, you become damaged mentally. He's the qb equivalent of a traumatized child.

Aaron Rodgers was sacked more than any other QB this season and he seems to be ok. It all comes down to toughness. All these guys are tough, including guys like Trent, but some of these guys can take the hits better than others. I would think someone like Kolb can take hits with the best of them.

Aaron Rodgers was sacked more than any other QB this season and he seems to be ok. It all comes down to toughness. All these guys are tough, including guys like Trent, but some of these guys can take the hits better than others. I would think someone like Kolb can take hits with the best of them.

I dont ever remember a team questioning Rodgers toughness which I cant say for Kolb. Just when I think the Kool-aid drinkers cant get anymore delusional we get a Rodgers-Kolb comparison. And if Kolb had the same attempts as Rodgers and he would of been on pace for a 81 sack season.

Interesting article. He makes some good points. It is for a sure a long shot for Kolb to become the golden armed franchise QB that will lead the Bills to multiple Super Bowl Championships.

I'll take a wait and see when pre season starts and see what he's got. He has showed flashes of greatness. Should be fun.

The writer doesn't mention it but there are a quite a few joureymen type QBs that have gone on to do some pretty good things. Jake Delhomme, Rich Gannon, Craig Morton, Matt Hasselbeck, Curt Warner, Brad Johnson. So it is possible.