Falcons release Tyson Clabo

little of column A, little of column b, and i might add the column C of which i say a lot of times when an offense performs properly a lot of guys on the line get overrated as most commentators/fans dont seem to understand how to evaluate them (hence you get like 3 guys from the same line going to the probowl after a decent offensive season from a winning team).

bushrod with the saints is another good example of column c

I will also add that the Falcons were not a very good running team at all last year. They really struggled in short yardage. Now Turner was/is done, but many of the times the line got blown up. The Falcons just resigned LT Sam Baker. OG Blalock is in the second year of a 6 yr $38 million dollar deal. Clabo did not play well at all this past year. The media down here was all over him after signing the contract he got last year.

One of two things, Clabo comes back to the Falcons after Ryan is signed and Clabo gets a new lower contract.

or some team in desperate need of a tackle steps in and signs him. Clabo is an average RT who underperformed last year. No way can he play any other spot on the line and to be honest what the Bills have now is comp to what Clabo played like last year, if not better.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team X is a superbowl contender that means Bills fans say sign him immediately. Again I ask, why would we want a player that a team that is a superbowl contender and needs all the talent they can to get to and win a superbowl dump this guy?

It just boggles my mind. If he were worth a damn then X team wouldn't be cutting him.

If this boggles your mind then you have no comman sense. :doh:

Team X is a superbowl contender that means Bills fans say sign him immediately. Again I ask, why would we want a player that a team that is a superbowl contender and needs all the talent they can to get to and win a superbowl dump this guy?

It just boggles my mind. If he were worth a damn then X team wouldn't be cutting him.

No....it means that he isn't worth his contract. You're logic is mind boggling. The eagles cut namdi.....is he not worth a spot because a team with a worse record than us cut him? Is dansby not worth a spot? How about nick Barnett? Was he not worth a spot? He played well his first year in buffalo. Glad you're not the GM.

To answer your question: they cut him because its all about dollars and cents. Especially in this offseason where players can be had for nickels and dimes. Cut clabo and his 5 mill a year salary and you can sign 2-3 players that will take less to play for a contender. Draft a RT. Just because a player is cut, doesn't mean he's not worth a dam.

Just read everyone else's replies to your clueless post......admitting you're wrong isn't a bad thing around here

Edited by NewEra

article/blog post from atlanta paper before FA listed potential cap cuts. Clabo was considered very unlikely, at least by one writer:

Tyson Clabo

2013 Cap Hit – $6.05 million

Still Owed – $4.65 million

Potential Savings – $1.4 million

This one’s pretty much a non-starter from the beginning. While Clabo may not have been the best tackle in the NFL, letting him go just makes no financial sense. He was guaranteed $11.5 million and has only been paid $6.85 million of that so far. Just letting him go would create almost $5 million in dead money, while only saving barely over a million. If this a year from now it may be a different story, but now it makes no sense.

article/blog post from atlanta paper before FA listed potential cap cuts. Clabo was considered very unlikely, at least by one writer:

Tyson Clabo

2013 Cap Hit – $6.05 million

Still Owed – $4.65 million

Potential Savings – $1.4 million

This one’s pretty much a non-starter from the beginning. While Clabo may not have been the best tackle in the NFL, letting him go just makes no financial sense. He was guaranteed $11.5 million and has only been paid $6.85 million of that so far. Just letting him go would create almost $5 million in dead money, while only saving barely over a million. If this a year from now it may be a different story, but now it makes no sense.

Perhaps there is an injury issue we don't know about.

With Glenn, Pears, Hairston and Sanders, I think we are fairly set at OT. We have definite needs on the interior OL and I would prefer that any new players brought in would be done to address a need at LG and backup C

I'm actually okay with Urbik as the backup center as long as we pick up another guard or two.

https://twitter.com/...803176595374080

The #Falcons are going to release starting RT Tyson Clabo, according to his agent, Chad Speck.

This one interests me because, first, RT is a need for the Bills, and second, we know they courted Clabo in the past. I would like to see this happen if he comes cheap.

totally!

makes you wonder why they cut him though?

The Bills have a right tackle. They have so many other glaring holes, I doubt they go after a position they already feel good about.

really? hairston & pears? we can do better.

I have said I am for drafting a tackle in the first and kicking Glenn inside. I am against signing Clabo to play LT. I only want Glenn inside if it is long term. Signing a vet is not a longterm answer to our line. In a few years we would be back in the same position.

RTs are a dime a dozen. The love & dismay over Clabo here was hilarious.

At the time of FA last year, we could have used an upgrade at RT as Hairston was manning the LT spot. So yes, there was dismay cos we could not get him but when it was evident he was using the Bills , I was comfortable in us 'losing out'

Clabo would be a great big guard. I'd love to have him.

I was thinking the same thing but looked through his career notes and don't see where he has played G at all. So, unless I am missing something, getting him as a G is not an option

You would think -- but this TBD baby. We'll find a way to bash Buddy over this in a few more posts.

I think Buddy should be based every chance we get. How can this team have so many holes to fill after three years of his regime. We should be adding the final pieces needed for a run deep in the playoffs by now. Buddy should be bashed and so should the rest of the front office until they produce a team that can win on a regular basis and complete with the best teams in the NFL.