Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

You are a homer BIGTIME. Cement feet? Nassib 5.09 forty slower than I think a dozen o-lineman at the combine. Shorter ..half inch taller than Nassib. Best deep ball touch of any QB in this draft . Play-fakes and pump fakes are superior to the hardly recruited Nassib . 1 sports reporter likes him as a top pick QB. One reporter wow. You are unreal. You want this DOME QB with NO DEEP BALL and boat anchors for feet. Guns the short passes ,to make some think he has arm strength. Watch his tape against Powerhouse RUTGERS. Watch him against temple and Pitt. These are lower level teams he struggled against. Yeah he`s NFL franchise material. That`s why he went to alosing team in Syracuse,because he was Not recruited by anyone else. Barkley crushed him and the cuse 11tds and 1 pick.

6-1 down the stretch with 15 tds two pix and a rushing td and a cherry on top over geno... with no supporting cast mind you. Meanwhile Barkely was sippin maitais down the stretch.

PS. There aint a lineman in the universe that can't outrun Brady. Remind of how he's doing? And, remind of the last USC qb that wasn't a loser?

Like I said... there's at least two publications that put Nassib as "the #1 prospect" in the draft regardless of position. Plus PFW says he's the #1 qb prospect period. Those damn homers. Find a rag that is as favorable of barkley.

NASSIB 2.5

barkley 0

Edited by Dr. Trooth

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a homer BIGTIME. Cement feet? Nassib 5.09 forty slower than I think a dozen o-lineman at the combine. Shorter ..half inch taller than Nassib. Best deep ball touch of any QB in this draft . Play-fakes and pump fakes are superior to the hardly recruited Nassib . 1 sports reporter likes him as a top pick QB. One reporter wow. You are unreal. You want this DOME QB with NO DEEP BALL and boat anchors for feet. Guns the short passes ,to make some think he has arm strength. Watch his tape against Powerhouse RUTGERS. Watch him against temple and Pitt. These are lower level teams he struggled against. Yeah he`s NFL franchise material. That`s why he went to alosing team in Syracuse,because he was Not recruited by anyone else. Barkley crushed him and the cuse 11tds and 1 pick.

So yeah... Nassib was the reason Barkley scored 11 td's on Syracuse right? The same way Fitz and the Bills Offense consistently scored 20+ points a game but couldn't win. Granted Fitz made some bad decisions but blaming a QB for a team loss is like blaming your pencil for mis-spelled words. I like Barkley, I like Nassib more but throwing out statements that Barkley crushed Nassib is just not accurate. Maybe USC's Defense is 10 times better than SU's. Barkley beat the Syracuse Orange he didn't beat Nassib. He beat the defense and USC's Defense beat SU's Offense. Nassib was respectable in the 2012 game. 30/46 335 yds, 2 td, 2 int and 1 rushing td.

We all have our guy that we like. All of the QB prospects this year have issues. There's a 50/50 chance any one of them will work out and be something great.

So yeah... Nassib was the reason Barkley scored 11 td's on Syracuse right? The same way Fitz and the Bills Offense consistently scored 20+ points a game but couldn't win. Granted Fitz made some bad decisions but blaming a QB for a team loss is like blaming your pencil for mis-spelled words. I like Barkley, I like Nassib more but throwing out statements that Barkley crushed Nassib is just not accurate. Maybe USC's Defense is 10 times better than SU's. Barkley beat the Syracuse Orange he didn't beat Nassib. He beat the defense and USC's Defense beat SU's Offense. Nassib was respectable in the 2012 game. 30/46 335 yds, 2 td, 2 int and 1 rushing td.

We all have our guy that we like. All of the QB prospects this year have issues. There's a 50/50 chance any one of them will work out and be something great.

Not buying it. sorry. Should have kept Fitz then huh ? Ever watch nfl network in the morning ? I agree with them when they laugh and call Nassib Fitz 2 . A slower Fitz. Everybody says but Brady can`t move. Yeah but he`s Brady and 6-5. Nassib slow as hell at 6-2. We might as well draft Glennon ,faster than Nassib. Superior arm strength with deep ball touch and 6-7. Skinny just like Brady and Manning were.

Not buying it. sorry. Should have kept Fitz then huh ? Ever watch nfl network in the morning ? I agree with them when they laugh and call Nassib Fitz 2 . A slower Fitz. Everybody says but Brady can`t move. Yeah but he`s Brady and 6-5. Nassib slow as hell at 6-2. We might as well draft Glennon ,faster than Nassib. Superior arm strength with deep ball touch and 6-7. Skinny just like Brady and Manning were.

Thats your opinion bud. And you are entitled to it. I much prefer to form my own opinion of a player rather than let the NFL network tell me what I should believe or any other media outlet for that matter. I've been a fan of the game and the Bills for many years and I have spent some time on the field. It doesn't make me an expert but I can form an opinion. Glennon may just be the next big thing or Nassib or Barkley etc ect... The point is no one has any idea how any of these college players will transition into the NFL. People can do extrordinary things when they're pushed beyond the limits of what they're comfortable with. They can also fail badly. Too much emphasis is placed on the QB IMHO. They are but one piece of the the puzzle. They can affect the outcome of a game as much as the defense can or special teams even.

And, Nassib has better numbers than the two QBs that were drafted at #8 in 2011 and 2012. Nassib at #8 would not be a reach.

The link below happens to be the Ryan Nassib comparison. Bucky Brooks compares Nassib to the one and only Ryan Fitzpatrick!

http://www.nfl.com/v...-pro-comparison

Mods delete if being discussed elsewhere...

Yup. Now that Fitz is out of Buffalo expect to hear pundits to start praising him and dumping on the Bills for releasing him.

PTR

What a waste of perfectly good bandwidth.

Have you ever seen Nassib?

CBS compares Nassib to Jake Locker, Jeremiah compars him to Andy Dalton.... yada yada yada. Take a look at Nassib's throws... if you can't see a clear difference in the velocity on his throws over Fitz, then you need to see an optometrist... badly.

Why would Cosell, who is way more qualified than Brooks (who isn't qualified at all), say Nassib is better than Geno?

This is the pre-draft noise/garbage that convinced Jacksonville to make Gabbert a top 10 pick.

It's not that they bought the hype directly (which they may have), the fear that everyone else was buying the hype and was going to try to get there first....makes some GM's nuts!

God I hope that we do not fall victim and get our guy for the right price - we deserve to look smart to the rest of the league for once!!!! Let us find ourselves the QB version of the Cordy Glenn pick!

CBS compares Nassib to Jake Locker, Jeremiah compars him to Andy Dalton.... yada yada yada. Take a look at Nassib's throws... if you can't see a clear difference in the velocity on his throws over Fitz, then you need to see an optometrist... badly.

Why would Cosell, who is way more qualified than Brooks (who isn't qualified at all), say Nassib is better than Geno?

How is Cosell more qualified than Brooks? He's never been a scout at the NFL or any level. All he does is watch tape and gives his opinion much like Bucky does. The only qualifications Greg Cosell has is that he is the nephew of Howard. Brooks was employed as a NFL scout and played in the league.

How is Cosell more qualified than Brooks? He's never been a scout at the NFL or any level. All he does is watch tape and gives his opinion much like Bucky does. The only qualifications Greg Cosell has is that he is the nephew of Howard. Brooks was employed as a NFL scout and played in the league.

Good question. I would love to read the answer... :rolleyes:

Huh?

Isn't qualified at all? As already mentioned... Bucky Brooks played in the NFL for 5 years, he then was a scout for Seahawks for 3 years. Why isn't he qualified? A team ACTUALLY paid him to make decisions/recommendations on players.

Greg Cosell, although widely thought of as a good analyst by media pundits, has NEVER worked for or scouted or been paid for an opinion by an NFL team. He's never played football at a professional level. Saying that, he is certainly been looking at film for a very long time, so his opinion does merit some weight.

And thats the trooth...

This is the pre-draft noise/garbage that convinced Jacksonville to make Gabbert a top 10 pick.

It's not that they bought the hype directly (which they may have), the fear that everyone else was buying the hype and was going to try to get there first....makes some GM's nuts!

God I hope that we do not fall victim and get our guy for the right price - we deserve to look smart to the rest of the league for once!!!! Let us find ourselves the QB version of the Cordy Glenn pick!

You summed up what we should do perfectly! A+