Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like the Bills to stop being the laughing stock of the league. Officially being Syracuse v2 does not fill me with hope.

Heyyyyy!!! You're on probation. You can't criticize this team until you have at least 50 posts. Rule 505.13(b) of TBD Handbook says you must remain positive.

*running to get Moderator*

I know that it was mentioned earlier regarding Cosell's endorsement of Nassib, but I didn't see the comments he made.

Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell stated on Path to the Draft Thursday that Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib is his No. 1-rated draft-eligible quarterback.

Cosell agrees with Russ Lande of the National Football Post, who also grades Nassib as this year's top signal caller. Cosell cited Geno Smith's "slow eyes" in terms of anticipation and "ball location" on intermediate to deep throws as reasons for concern. "My No. 1 quarterback based on the film study I've done is Ryan Nassib," Cosell said. "I liked him overall more than Geno Smith. I think he's a much more precise intermediate thrower. I think the ball comes out with a little better velocity at the intermediate level. And I think he's a little more accurate. And I like his footwork a little bit better."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258562/cosell-rates-ryan-nassib-higher-than-geno

This would bely the numbers. Based on Junior/Senior numbers, Locker never achieved better than 58.2 % completion rate, avg. yd per completion of 7.1 and a rating of 129.7 (junior year). His Senior stats were worse...55.4% , 6.8, and 124.2. Yet he was selected #8 overall. In contrast, just the senior years, Tannehill - 61.6%, 7.1, and 133.2 (139.7 junior year).... Nassib 62.4, 8.0, and 143.3 (129.9).

As you can see, by the numbers, Nassib rates out higher in all three categories.... clearly. For a number #8 selection, Locker's numbers were, quite frankly, pitiful. He regressed in his senior year. Tannehill, although he was only a starter for a year and a half, regressed in his senior year and, even though he only started for a year and a half was selected #8 overall. In contrast, Nassib clearly "progressed" in his senior year, by a lot, yet somehow that is not factored in to many folks thinking.

I think a bias exists on Nassib because he came out of the Syracuse program, not a glamour program like the other two did. Nor does he have the "perceived gigundo arm, nor meet the 6'4" sexy height requirement, high athletic ability standard, or a 40 yd. speed numbers. Hmmmm. But, clearly he outperformed the other two, and did so with considerably less talent around him than the other two did. There is a reason for that, and perhaps that is very simple... he's better.

Looking at stats from different teams, schools, conferences, is an absolutely ridiculous way of determining talent and potential. Locker was a great prospect regardless of his terrible senior year. He had all the skills and most of the intangibles. There were great questions about his overall accuracy, which may or may not crush his pro potential and career. I don't expect him to turn into a franchise QB but he very well may still, he's got a ton of talent and everyone knew it. Stats are one tool of about 10.

And Syracuse was a much better team, and 10x better coached team, than Locker's Huskies were.

Until the coaching staff shows it by solid play on the field the only opinion that matters should be that of the desperate fan!

The fans like us that have been struggling for a single reason to follow a team stuck in mediocrity!

Fans that are laughed at and constantly considered bottom feeders and losers. Fans that have to hear Ex NFL players

critisize anyone coming to Buffalo with things said like he will be forgotten now that hes in Buffalo!

the FO should do anything and everything it can to bring back the tradition of winning throughout the 90s.

Hey id be happy to see any QB that gave his all and did whatever it took to win and charged up every player on the field.

The last time we saw that was when Lil Flutie ran out onto the field. He change the whole dynamic.. A winning spirit!

How did our wonderful owner reward him... "Sit your A$$ down we got the $21 million dollar man here to lead the charge!"

Poor guy just found ways to win and was shown the door! What have we has since?

Garbage.... Garbage and more garbage!

Every day i tune into WGR to hear ANYTHING i can in hopes of a change... At work checking the foroms and Twiiter accounts for a sign of hope. Nothing.... Someone anyone please!!!

I love the Bills and always will but this is painful. Whatever just get a damn QB and lets turn this ship around!

Until the coaching staff shows it by solid play on the field the only opinion that matters should be that of the desperate fan!

The fans like us that have been struggling for a single reason to follow a team stuck in mediocrity!

Fans that are laughed at and constantly considered bottom feeders and losers. Fans that have to hear Ex NFL players

critisize anyone coming to Buffalo with things said like he will be forgotten now that hes in Buffalo!

the FO should do anything and everything it can to bring back the tradition of winning throughout the 90s.

Hey id be happy to see any QB that gave his all and did whatever it took to win and charged up every player on the field.

The last time we saw that was when Lil Flutie ran out onto the field. He change the whole dynamic.. A winning spirit!

How did our wonderful owner reward him... "Sit your A$$ down we got the $21 million dollar man here to lead the charge!"

Poor guy just found ways to win and was shown the door! What have we has since?

Garbage.... Garbage and more garbage!

Every day i tune into WGR to hear ANYTHING i can in hopes of a change... At work checking the foroms and Twiiter accounts for a sign of hope. Nothing.... Someone anyone please!!!

I love the Bills and always will but this is painful. Whatever just get a damn QB and lets turn this ship around!

1. Flutie won a lot of games because the team had a top 3 defense...look at the numbers, they're eerily similar to the ones put up by JP Losman...seriously

2. Flutie was shown the door by Tom Donahoe, not Ralph Wilson

3. Just about every QB that's ever played in the NFL gives it their all...Fitz certainly did; that doesn't mean he played well enough.

4. Yes, getting a legitimate QB will solve many of the team's problems, so I agree with you there.

Edited by thebandit27

Five weeks from today, everyone on this board will be talking about how they feel about the QB that the Bills drafted the night before in the first round.

Now for the second time, what can you tell me about your red charging buffalo avatar?

Not impressed with Barkley beating up on a Big East team like Syracuse. What happened with Barkley against Stanford?

Matt Barkley had 0 TDs and USC scored 14 points vs Stanford.

Matt Scott had 3 TDs and Arizona scored 48 points vs Stanford.

I think Matt Barkley is liked by everybody but NFL teams. IMO, the guy has bust written all over him.

Not impressed with nASSab playing in a dome against the BIG east .Watchout for Stonybrook,,Temple.WinningQb of the Pinstripe,Mudflap bowl.

lol im sorry i didnt see the first reqst.

I was patheticly searching for any news of the next Bills Free Agent being signed and came accross this image. I love it.

Ive been throwing back and forth ideas w/fellow fans here in SoCal and this caught my eye.

I have no idea who created it i cant take credit... But i like it. Id also be happy going back to the OG Standing Buffalo :)

Just think its time for some change. Other then the color of our pants. Oh and Please Wilson bring back the Red End Zones!

lol im sorry i didnt see the first reqst.

I was patheticly searching for any news of the next Bills Free Agent being signed and came accross this image. I love it.

Ive been throwing back and forth ideas w/fellow fans here in SoCal and this caught my eye.

I have no idea who created it i cant take credit... But i like it. Id also be happy going back to the OG Standing Buffalo :)

Just think its time for some change. Other then the color of our pants. Oh and Please Wilson bring back the Red End Zones!

Thanks.

I really like the logo.

It (or something similar) would be nice on an alternative helmet. Just have to tweek the red color a bit.

Not sure if anyone else saw this on NFL.com but Greg Cosell (I always respect his insight on players) says he rates Nassib above Smith as top QB in draft! I'm not sold on any QB like I was last year with Luck, RGIII and even Wilson (check my postings) but if Cosell likes Nassib that puts me at ease if we take him...(I do really like Tyler Wilson but his hands are so damn small!)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152809/Cosell-rates-Nassib-higher-than-Geno-Smith

(I do really like Tyler Wilson but his hands are so damn small!)

Comically undersized in fact.

How could a man with such small hands have any self-confidence at all?

How could he look another man in the eyes when he's shaking his hand?

Can you imagine women snidely whispering about him, their eyes mocking him as he walks up to the bar?

:)

Not sure if anyone else saw this on NFL.com but Greg Cosell (I always respect his insight on players) says he rates Nassib above Smith as top QB in draft! I'm not sold on any QB like I was last year with Luck, RGIII and even Wilson (check my postings) but if Cosell likes Nassib that puts me at ease if we take him...(I do really like Tyler Wilson but his hands are so damn small!)

http://www.nfl.com/v...than-Geno-Smith

Doug Marrone coached Ryan Nassib his entire career, right? Why then isn't he a slam dunk franchise QB prospect by now with four years under Marrone? Does Marrone think that it will take another one or two years of his coaching for Nassib to become a franchise QB?

Why would Marrone pick Nassib when he hasn't been able to make him a top slam dunk prospect by now? It stands to reason that Marrone got the best out of Nassib in that much time, maxed out his talent, and that he now wants to draft someone with a franchise QB ceiling like Smith, Manuel or Scott.

Doug Marrone coached Ryan Nassib his entire career, right? Why then isn't he a slam dunk franchise QB prospect by now with four years under Marrone? Does Marrone think that it will take another one or two years of his coaching for Nassib to become a franchise QB?

Why would Marrone pick Nassib when he hasn't been able to make him a top slam dunk prospect by now? It stands to reason that Marrone got the best out of Nassib in that much time, maxed out his talent, and that he now wants to draft someone with a franchise QB ceiling like Smith, Manuel or Scott.

Barkley 11tds 1 int and 2-0 against the Marrone coached,Pinstripe Mudflap bowl winners. Marrone remembers who outplayed his boy.

Barkley 11tds 1 int and 2-0 against the Marrone coached,Pinstripe Mudflap bowl winners. Marrone remembers who outplayed his boy.

Ah yes. Barkely, Mr. cement feet... the kid that wished he had been more "assertive" and then Scott Pioli says that he wishes Barkley had been more assertive. Translation: Barkley's a weeney in the huddle.

Then Greg Cosell goes on to add this ...

"When I look at Matt Barkley, here's a couple of things I immediately see," Cosell said. "Number one, he has average arm strength by NFL standards. Number two, his feet are not particularly quick, he has slower feet. And three, he's a little shorter. So then I go beyond that and think, 'OK, how can he be successful in the NFL when you got certain limitations?' And I think those limitations are the things I notice immediately and it's very difficult for me to look at him as a first- or second-round pick given those limitations and given what I know works effectively in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147121/article/matt-barkley-is-a-fourthround-talent-greg-cosell-says

Barkley? :wallbash:

Ah yes. Barkely, Mr. cement feet... the kid that wished he had been more "assertive" and then Scott Pioli says that he wishes Barkley had been more assertive. Translation: Barkley's a weeney in the huddle.

Then Greg Cosell goes on to add this ...

"When I look at Matt Barkley, here's a couple of things I immediately see," Cosell said. "Number one, he has average arm strength by NFL standards. Number two, his feet are not particularly quick, he has slower feet. And three, he's a little shorter. So then I go beyond that and think, 'OK, how can he be successful in the NFL when you got certain limitations?' And I think those limitations are the things I notice immediately and it's very difficult for me to look at him as a first- or second-round pick given those limitations and given what I know works effectively in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/n...reg-cosell-says

Barkley? :wallbash:

You are a homer BIGTIME. Cement feet? Nassib 5.09 forty slower than I think a dozen o-lineman at the combine. Shorter ..half inch taller than Nassib. Best deep ball touch of any QB in this draft . Play-fakes and pump fakes are superior to the hardly recruited Nassib . 1 sports reporter likes him as a top pick QB. One reporter wow. You are unreal. You want this DOME QB with NO DEEP BALL and boat anchors for feet. Guns the short passes ,to make some think he has arm strength. Watch his tape against Powerhouse RUTGERS. Watch him against temple and Pitt. These are lower level teams he struggled against. Yeah he`s NFL franchise material. That`s why he went to alosing team in Syracuse,because he was Not recruited by anyone else. Barkley crushed him and the cuse 11tds and 1 pick.