Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Crusades by any poster on any subject get old really quick.

You know Jose its OK to be a fan of a player the last time I checked.

Not everyone comes onto this site every day, and not everyone is going to read an enire thread so If I want to repost a video so people can see it I don't see any harm.

You know Jose its OK to be a fan of a player the last time I checked.

Not everyone comes onto this site every day, and not everyone is going to read an enire thread so If I want to repost a video so people can see it I don't see any harm.

I wasn't talking about the video. I was talking about having to watch three posters I really like (you, Kelly, Bandit) getting into an acrimonious and hostile exchange.

Crusades, especially ones that get ugly, dilute and deter good discussion.

You're not helping your argument for Nassib.

I see Andy Dalton. Strong arm, pretty quick release, deep ball accuracy is ok, not great

We've trotted out worse thats for damn sure

If Dalton played for us throwing to our receivers instead of AJ Green and Pettigrew and had our D instead of Cincy's 6th ranked D, we'd say he sucks and we'd be right. We'd still be clamoring to draft a QB this year.

I wasn't talking about the video. I was talking about having to watch three posters I really like (you, Kelly, Bandit) getting into an acrimonious and hostile exchange.

Crusades, especially ones that get ugly, dilute and deter good discussion.

You're not helping your argument for Nassib.

I'll offer my apologies for letting myself get into the muck in this thread. I'd like to blame it on grumpiness from the total lack of sleep over the past 5 weeks (yeah, my twins haven't let me sleep more than 3 hours/night yet), but that's a cop out.

My original intention was to provide a neutral perspective on Nassib, which I did...knowing the hot-button nature of the topic, I should have stayed out of it once I said my piece.

Which I will now do.

Edited by thebandit27

I dont want to read 50 pages of arguing, but I assume this has already been post: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/scouting_department.html

I'm not sure what kind of cred this dude has, but he has Nassib as the best player in the entire draft. Thats not the the first time I have seen Nassib rated as the best NFL prospect. (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/11/pfw-2012-all-america-team)

I also think Nassib is the best QB in the draft but I'm not sure that is saying much. I dont know how good he will ever be because I think his ceiling is a tad low. Im torn between taking him in the 1st or waiting till the 2nd. If Keapernake and Dalton can last to the 2nd so should Nassib, but the NFL is so crewy I have no idea what to expect.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films said today that Nassib was now his #1 QB, at least so far, and likes him more than Geno after studying their game films. Cosell's very good as an analyst and film studier. That surprised me a lot.

What did the other 3 analysts say after that ? I know . I saw it. 2nd round 3rd rounder.

What did the other 3 analysts say after that ? I know . I saw it. 2nd round 3rd rounder.

I really don't have an opinion on Nassib myself. I think he looks pretty good but not real good. There are certain things I like about him.

I only like about 4-5 analysts though, and the guys I like, with one exception very much like Nassib. I like Mayock, Lande, Cosell, Rich Gosselin, and Charles Davis. Davis, I heard, doesn't think much of Nassib. Mayock, Lande and Cosell all do - a lot. Gosselin, from what I know, doesn't usually weigh in until late.

I really don't have an opinion on Nassib myself. I think he looks pretty good but not real good. There are certain things I like about him.

I only like about 4-5 analysts though, and the guys I like, with one exception very much like Nassib. I like Mayock, Lande, Cosell, Rich Gosselin, and Charles Davis. Davis, I heard, doesn't think much of Nassib. Mayock, Lande and Cosell all do - a lot. Gosselin, from what I know, doesn't usually weigh in until late.

Mayock has him the 5th ranked qB in a weak draft. I like Barkley, Manuel, Geno and Glennon.

Mayock has him the 5th ranked qB in a weak draft. I like Barkley, Manuel, Geno and Glennon.

That's an old list I think. This week he said Nassib will likely slip into the first round, and has him rated third behind Geno and Barkley.

I don't like Barkley or Glennon at all. I like Geno and Manuel probably the most.

That's an old list I think. This week he said Nassib will likely slip into the first round, and has him rated third behind Geno and Barkley.

I don't like Barkley or Glennon at all. I like Geno and Manuel probably the most.

Nope just saw it.Geno,Manuel ,Barkley, Glennon, Nassib tied with Jones for 5th.

My pipe dream would be draft 2 QB's. In a perfect world EJ and Nassib/Barkley/Scott/Dysert. I get just a little nervous about taking Geno at #8. Maybe I'm over-reacting but it just bugged the hell out of me seeing him lose his composure in that last game against Syracuse.

Pretty sure I'll be glued to the tube in late April, round 1. LOL !!

My pipe dream would be draft 2 QB's. In a perfect world EJ and Nassib/Barkley/Scott/Dysert. I get just a little nervous about taking Geno at #8. Maybe I'm over-reacting but it just bugged the hell out of me seeing him lose his composure in that last game against Syracuse.

Pretty sure I'll be glued to the tube in late April, round 1. LOL !!

Unlike Barkley 11tds and 1 int in 2 games against Marrone.

Nope just saw it.Geno,Manuel ,Barkley, Glennon, Nassib tied with Jones for 5th.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Third-First-Round-Quarterback/fc743d7d-1c2e-4c17-96db-63331a59b694

"Maybe there is no Luck or RG3, but there’s quite a few very talented quarterbacks who’ve done some great things in college," Nassib said. "It’s going to be a pretty tight race. I just hope at the end of the day I put myself in the best position. Hopefully I get put ahead of some of these guys. That’s what we’re all striving for."

Mayock said he believes two quarterbacks -- West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley -- will be taken in the first round. The question is whether a third will join them.

"If history tells us anything lately, it‟s that somebody else is going to rise," Mayock said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I don‟t know who the third guy is – maybe there won‟t be – but right now it‟s kind of a horse race."

The most likely candidate, in his eyes, is Nassib.

Lets hope the first 2 aren`t picked before us. Although I think they will take Manuel before Nassib.

Ive seen Barkley a lot being an ASU fan and living in LA. I really don't want Barkley. Manuel, to me, maybe has the most upside, and since they're all a crapshoot, he may even be my top choice.

I have strong opinions like any serious fan, although I don't think I know more than, say, Doug Marrone. I posted a couple months ago that even though I don't really like Nassib all that much, I almost want the Bills to take him. That will mean, to me (although not to a lot of others), that Marrone absolutely thinks the guy is going to be a star, and is willing to bet his professional career on it.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Marrone lobbies Nix and Whaley and Brandon for Nassib just because he will pick up the offense faster, or because he is familiar with him. If the Bills draft Nassib, Marrone thinks he's a stud, and we are totally screwed anyway if Marrone is a crappy judge of talent.

Ive seen Barkley a lot being an ASU fan and living in LA. I really don't want Barkley. Manuel, to me, maybe has the most upside, and since they're all a crapshoot, he may even be my top choice.

I have strong opinions like any serious fan, although I don't think I know more than, say, Doug Marrone. I posted a couple months ago that even though I don't really like Nassib all that much, I almost want the Bills to take him. That will mean, to me (although not to a lot of others), that Marrone absolutely thinks the guy is going to be a star, and is willing to bet his professional career on it.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that Marrone lobbies Nix and Whaley and Brandon for Nassib just because he will pick up the offense faster, or because he is familiar with him. If the Bills draft Nassib, Marrone thinks he's a stud, and we are totally screwed anyway if Marrone is a crappy judge of talent.

I don`t want a QB,that no Bigtime program wanted. If Marrone could turn this kid into a decent QB,I would like to see what he could do with bigtime talent. I still think he remembers Barkley killing his defense. 11 tds and 1 pick in 2 games . This is hard to forget.