Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5th rd????? He's trying to be funny.......I hope

No doubt Nassib will be way overdrafted. This is a very sub par QB draft class IMO

. i think the fact his longer throws are rainbows bothers some people.

Rainbow passes die like shot ducks in the winds of RWS. No more Fritz clones

Bill, I continue to disbelieve that drafting Nassib would cause anyone to buy tickets.

Most Bills fans who post here don't even want to draft the guy and many Syracuse fans who post here don't seem very enthralled with him.

Perhaps not. But, I don't believe that to be the Bills motivation. They need to grab the right guy right now that fits with the team, the WNY community and the offense. What I mean by that is WNY is "blue collar", the team is "blue collar", and the offensive playbook is probably ready and the QB must step in as a starter on day one. The Bills cannot go with Jax as the starter. Judging from the many posts, everyone has their favorites, whether it's fact, philosophical, logical, or emmotion based; and it comes down to Smith, Barkley and Nassib primarily that the fans are split between.

If you look at the fit and the offense, two of the three will have a longer learning curve, just from the terminology perspective. In addition, one of them, because they worked exclusivly out of the shotgun and spread offense will have a steeper learning curve having to learn to play under center, learn 3-5 step drops as well as the terminolgy... that QB will probably have to sit a year to get acclimated. In terms of the "blue collar" image, there's really only one. That's obvious. Then, when you look at the Bills past success with California QBs, it aint pretty. Johnson, Losman, and Edwards did not do well. The California guys seem to come highly publicized and touted and the fans seem to have less patience and acceptance of them, especially when they falter. Buffalo is probably the harshest weather venue in the NFL. Wind, rain, snow, ice is on the table from mid October on. When you come from an environment in which you don't experience that, it's an added adjustment. I don't mean just playing. I mean, cleaning the snow off your car, walking in it, shoveing it, your hands freezing, that is an adjustment.

So who fits best and is in the best position to take over day one and forward of that as well? I see one candidate that is a spot on hit. I see two candidates that are more projections... a belief that they could, or might, be a fit, but, it is not as clear and as sure fire... and a mistake in the selection could set the Bills back two years or more.

So, at #8, in the Bills situation, you don't gamble or "project" what the player will be... you have to know what he is. The Bills know who that is right now. They are just doing their due dillegence and validate it... ticket sales be damned... They'll let the marketing guys worry about the koolaid.

16,333. Is this your life? Do you do anything else? I`m sorry if you are bed ridden. But if not. Do you get paid to post here ?16,333 is unreal.

I'm prolific in all aspects of life.

Family, profession, hobbies, volunteerism.

I understand that people like you may be threatened by high achievers

It's alright. In fact it's good that not everyone is like you. Very good in fact.

I'm prolific in all aspects of life.

Family, profession, hobbies, volunteerism.

I understand that people like you may be threatened by high achievers

It's alright. In fact it's good that not everyone is like you. Very good in fact.

How do you find time? I like the Bills ,grew up in S.Buff.But they`re not my life.

How do you find time? I like the Bills ,grew up in S.Buff.But they`re not my life.

Well right now I have bad hay fever and am having a hard time breathing so rather than keep the wife up all night I came downstairs and hopped on the computer.

Sometimes I get insomnia and I'll do the same thing.

Often I'll post before work as I'm having my morning coffee.

I do spend a lot of time thinking and writing about the Bills but it's not the only thing going on.

16,333. Is this your life? Do you do anything else? I`m sorry if you are bed ridden. But if not. Do you get paid to post here ?16,333 is unreal.

You know what man? You are routinely insulting to a lot of other posters...and I can't find one good reason for it.

Not that he needs me to defend him at all, but San Jose is a highly respected member of this board, who--unlike myself and most others--always contributes measured, level, and meaningful dialogue while respecting the opinions of others.

You'd do well to learn a thing or two from him.

Bill, I continue to disbelieve that drafting Nassib would cause anyone to buy tickets.

Most Bills fans who post here don't even want to draft the guy and many Syracuse fans who post here don't seem very enthralled with him.

Most Bills fans you say, and you know this how? Or do you mean a selective few who think they know everything? Great idea, start a poll.

I continue to believe Nassib will get drafted by the Bills and he will sell tickets because Nassib is going to help turn this franchise around.

Most Bills fans you say, and you know this how? Or do you mean a selective few who think they know everything? Great idea, start a poll.

I continue to believe Nassib will get drafted by the Bills and he will sell tickets because Nassib is going to help turn this franchise around.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/156843-2013-bills-qb-draft-selection/

Just because some folks may have a preference over Nassib in round 1 does not mean the same voters would not want to draft Ryan Nassib.

Geno Smith is not even going to be available at 8 in my opinion.

If Genos gone, how many of those same fans would be OK with Nassib?

1) My comments were based on my impression from having read what others have to say about Nassib over the last several months.

2) My impression seems to be backed up by the poll results so far.

3) I have nothing against Nassib.

4) How good Nassib is and how many tickets he will sell are separate issues. It seems like you are lumping them together.

1) My comments were based on my impression from having read what others have to say about Nassib over the last several months.

2) My impression seems to be backed up by the poll results so far.

3) I have nothing against Nassib.

4) How good Nassib is and how many tickets he will sell are separate issues. It seems like you are lumping them together.

The impression I've gotten is many Bills fans would like to draft Nassib in round two and the poll proves nothing as far as your comment goes in my opinion.

You posted most Bills fans who post here don't even want to draft the guy.

Another thing Jose, you call me out for crusading because I was posting video so folks can see for themselves, yet you come onto a Nassib thread and continue to post negative comments against him and his fans.

Myself personally, seems like common sense would tell you if the athletes local (or close to it) he will in all likelyhood draw fans(sell tickets) to watch him play for Buffalo.

So whos the crusader?

Edited by dog14787

The impression I've gotten is many Bills fans would like to draft Nassib in round two and the poll proves nothing as far as your comment goes in my opinion.

You posted most Bills fans who post here don't even want to draft the guy.

Another thing Jose, you call me out for crusading for posting video so folks can see for themselves, yet you come onto a Nassib thread and continue to post negative comments against him and his fans.

Seems like common sense would tell you if the athletes local he will in all likelyhood draw fans(sell tickets) to watch him play for Buffalo.

So whos the crusader?

Time to back up that statement....let's see these negative comments...

If the Bills pull the trigger on Nassib, even at #8, I will give them tons of credit for having conviction on the guy they need to lead their team. There is no staff in the league that knows what he is truly capable of better than ours, obviously. If they pick him, they believe in him, and then so will I. I really liked what I saw when he faced Geno this past december @ Yankee Stadium, and came out on top again. You can't argue with his Syracuse career, he is one of the best QBs they have ever had.

All the criticisms of his arm strength, deep ball, Fitz-like qualities, etc, are completely meaningless to how this kid will actually perform in the NFL film room, locker room and on the field. Our OC already knows the likely answers to those questions better than anyone, and for me, he passes the eye test when he throws the ball.

Watch the youtube cutups yourself before saying he is not a good QB. I see a lot of consistency, and his misses are usually "good misses" ... either the WR was going to catch it, or it was going to fall incomplete because of his ball placement. OK, so his arm is not in the league of Matt Stafford, but it is plenty strong to succeed and EONS better than Fitz, who double-cheeked nearly every ball he threw. When Nassib steps into a throw, it is usually right there ... and in doing so, he looks much like another #12 we are all familiar with.

When Jimbo used to step up into a throw, you just knew it was going to be completed downfield to Andre, Metzelcheese or whomever, in stride.