Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nassib has the strongest arm and quickest release of all QBs in this draft. His delivery is tight and compact. His hieght and mobility are good enough. That is enough to get him noticed right there. He would be my pick for the Bills, but if we dont get him, I assume that will be bacuse Marrone didnt want him, which would be OK with me.

Nassib is not a franchise QB, we need a real QB then draft one with potential ...Flacco - Tyler Bray.

Typically Franchise QBs dont get benched in college.

Although, Ill eat my hat if bray becomes the next Brady (who also got benched in colege FYI)

Edited by peterpan

Why not wait another year for either Bridgewater or Manziel?

The fact that theres no QB that the majority of fans or anaylsts can agree upon is not a good sign

Sign Alex Smith or Vick this year and draft a QB next year. My 2 Cents.

Isn't Manziel a true freshman? I would love for him to be in a Bills uniform but since I gather he'll be a top 3 pick in 2015, I hope we're not drafting near that high then.

Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones or Geno Smith please.

Having never watched a single snap of Nassib at QB, I was actually rather impressed with that video. He faced constant pressure and made some very good throws; he was also the victim of a number of drops. Arm strength looks more than adequate. Definitely keeps his feet moving. Anyway, that was interesting to watch; thanks.

I think he looked even better in this game... It was against Louisville who was #9 at the time and iirc undefeated.

Didn't watch the clip but I've seen Nassib a few times. My take is that he throws a ton of short passes and screens. It's probably more a product of Marrone's offense. Because of this i have no idea if Nassib has a cannon for an arm or if he's accurate on long passes downfield?

I do like that he appears to be a real leader and in command of the huddle. I've seen him doing that Peyton Manning-like orchestration at the line of scrimmage and directing his people while calling out the signals. That shows me something about his intangibles.

Nassib has the strongest arm and quickest release of all QBs in this draft. His delivery is tight and compact. His hieght and mobility are good enough. That is enough to get him noticed right there. He would be my pick for the Bills, but if we dont get him, I assume that will be bacuse Marrone didnt want him, which would be OK with me.

I'm really surprised no one has said this yet but Nassib has the same throwing motion as Trent Edwards.

He gets rid of the ball quickly because he doesn't bring his arm back very far and he generates his power through the end of his throw.

Now he looks bigger and stronger than Trent of course.

Finally, I thought he played fairly well in the USC clip. It's good to see a quarterback react to playing against a much more talented team where his throwing windows are smaller and close faster and his protection is fleeting.

I thought under those circumstances he looked pretty good.

I'm not sure what to make of him. I have seen him lack touch on some short throws where he just guns it at a back or receiver who is 5 yards from him. Other times he zips it into a tight window just by the defender. He has a lot of experiece and got better each year which is promising.

I'm really surprised no one has said this yet but Nassib has the same throwing motion as Trent Edwards.

He gets rid of the ball quickly because he doesn't bring his arm back very far and he generates his power through the end of his throw.

Now he looks bigger and stronger than Trent of course.

Finally, I thought he played fairly well in the USC clip. It's good to see a quarterback react to playing against a much more talented team where his throwing windows are smaller and close faster and his protection is fleeting.

I thought under those circumstances he looked pretty good.

hmmm I'll have to find which thread I mentioned this but I agree that he has a certain Trentish quality. The issue for me is - is it the good or bad Trent? That said he grew on me a lot over this year. At the start of the year I thought he was garbage but by the louisville game (highlights that I posted) I was converted into thinking maybe a 3rd round pick. After the Louisville game it was late first early 2nd. He throws darts around and familiarity with Marrone's offense raises my intrigue even more. Still don't want him at 8 but I wouldn't mind a trade down/trade up scenario to nab him.

edit: found it! Link or it didn't happen... post #25

Edited by section122

My Favorite scenario is still drafting Glennon at #8 and taking Nassib in the 3rd round. Draft both guys and hope you hit on one. The more you read though it sounds like Nassib will move up possibly as early as late 1st round-early 2nd..

My Favorite scenario is still drafting Glennon at #8 and taking Nassib in the 3rd round. Draft both guys and hope you hit on one. The more you read though it sounds like Nassib will move up possibly as early as late 1st round-early 2nd..

I really don't get the Glennon hype. He has completely underwhelmed me and really doesn't strike me as a leader. I guess I could get behind it in the 2nd but definitely not in the first. I like Nassib better than him and I don't think he is a legit 1st rounder either.

Btw, Marrone inherited Nassib so it's not like he recruited the kid.

I really don't get the Glennon hype. He has completely underwhelmed me and really doesn't strike me as a leader. I guess I could get behind it in the 2nd but definitely not in the first. I like Nassib better than him and I don't think he is a legit 1st rounder either.

Btw, Marrone inherited Nassib so it's not like he recruited the kid.

But unfotunately if you wait till the 2nd round, you likely miss on both guys. They can't miss this year. Teams took Locker and Ponder high in the 1st who i hated.

My hype for Glennon has everything to do with his arm. He won't underthrow anyone.

Nassib displayed intelligence and accurracy this season completing 63 percent of his passes for 3,619 yards, 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Nassib had a record-setting game in a narrow loss to Northwestern in Syracuse's opener. He threw four touchdowns in the second half to give the Orange a lead. Nassib set Syracuse records in passing attempts and yards as he completed 45-of-66 passes for 479 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Nassib also picked up some clutch yards on the ground.

Syracuse doesn't have a strong supporting cast, and Nassib has played better than his numbers indicate.

I think you should watch more football.

This. If Nassib had a better cast around him, the numbers would have been even greater. Lemon is a good WR, but not great. His yardage, pocket presence, and TD to INT ratio are great.

hmmm I'll have to find which thread I mentioned this but I agree that he has a certain Trentish quality. The issue for me is - is it the good or bad Trent? That said he grew on me a lot over this year. At the start of the year I thought he was garbage but by the louisville game (highlights that I posted) I was converted into thinking maybe a 3rd round pick. After the Louisville game it was late first early 2nd. He throws darts around and familiarity with Marrone's offense raises my intrigue even more. Still don't want him at 8 but I wouldn't mind a trade down/trade up scenario to nab him.

edit: found it! Link or it didn't happen... post #25

Would love to trade down for him. Then grab DE and OLB in the second round w/ our 2 second round picks. And hopefully get 2 4ths as well. What would we likely get for trading down, guess it depends on who is still on the board. But it will be hard to trade down if Jarvus Jones is sitting there at #8.

Edited by RyanC883

But unfotunately if you wait till the 2nd round, you likely miss on both guys. They can't miss this year. Teams took Locker and Ponder high in the 1st who i hated.

My hype for Glennon has everything to do with his arm. He won't underthrow anyone.

In fairness, I haven't watch him a ton. But falling in love with a guy because their arm strength is very dangerous. JP Losman, Jeff George, and JaMarcus Russell didn't underthrow people either. RG3 is awesome because he has amazing touch on his deep passes.

Would love to trade down for him. Then grab DE and OLB in the second round w/ our 2 second round picks. And hopefully get 2 4ths as well. What would we likely get for trading down, guess it depends on who is still on the board. But it will be hard to trade down if Jarvus Jones is sitting there at #8.

My ideal would actually be to take that pick at #8 and use it on a stud (Jones, T'eo, etc..). Then trade up into the top of 2nd back end of 1st for Nassib. He is a prospect that needs to be drafted correctly not a Ponder/Locker type reach imo, if someone else wants to reach for him then let them.

Unless he keeps throwing off his back foot -- an annoying tendency his next coach will have to address.