It's not Easter, its Cesar Chavez's birthday!

boyst

I am not religious, at all. I am an athiest.

But, Google putting up Cesar Chavez on Easter Sunday is a damn joke. I guess it was part of Obama's 2011 push for March 31st to be Cesar Chavez day... There does not need to be an outcry but this is a little bit hard to swallow.

www.Google.com

Oh, and I found this on the Daily Caller, http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/31/google-honors-cesar-chavez-on-easter/

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It a pretty obvious, petty move by Google.

Fortunately, the two billion Christians around the world, hardly need Google's support to celebrate Easter.

Added;

I lifted this from the great Mark Steyn........Well, the Lord did say "Render unto Cesar the things which are Cesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

heh.

Edited by B-Man

Last week I went to the Rec Center to workout, it was strange, the parking lot was empty and people were leaving.. someone pulled up and told me "their closed"....

Closed?

He said they closed early for Caeser Chavez day... it thoght he was kidding, but not even close...

Caeser Chavez Day- thats a new one

Had to go to Santa Clara City offices for work Friday and I checked to see if they were closed for Easter on the web site-didn't see anything. Get there and the lot isempty. Go to the library, same thing. Check and they are closed today for Cesar Chavez Day. (I spelled it correctly). Wasted driving over 100 miles and getting stuck in traffic on the way back. :thumbdown::angry:

I'm not sure God* would want Chavez's* birthday anyway. Stupid rotating moon-based Easter**.

*Dead

**Zombie Jesus Day

Oh, so we're not getting our collective panties in a bunch over this one now?!?!

Happy (belated) Zombie Jesus Day to all!

Soon we'll be just like Europe. Every month has two or three "Saint Somebody" days which are now "honored" with bank holidays. Churches are empty, but the general population loves taking off on those Saint's days.

Oh, so we're not getting our collective panties in a bunch over this one now?!?!

Happy (belated) Zombie Jesus Day to all!

Well aren't you controversial? I bet you're a self-described "iconoclast".

Edited by Jauronimo

Had to go to Santa Clara City offices for work Friday and I checked to see if they were closed for Easter on the web site-didn't see anything. Get there and the lot isempty. Go to the library, same thing. Check and they are closed today for Cesar Chavez Day. (I spelled it correctly). Wasted driving over 100 miles and getting stuck in traffic on the way back. :thumbdown::angry:

Yes, but you were doing it for your employer, right? And your employer is a private business, right? And private businesses are run by rich people, right? So you see waste, but a liberal sees stimulus. If you didn't make that wasted trip, it would have been one less gas tank to fill. One less stop at a convenience store. One less person paying a toll. Besides, your employer can afford it. It's just a drop in the bucket to them.

What are they doing?

Getting free press on a global scale.